Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:14:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178960 times)
politicallpd
Rookie

« on: July 13, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

When I read the late report about an Admiral being vetted by the Clinton campaign, it made me think of an article (that I'll try to find) from a few weeks back that mentioned Kaine's team is concerned that this is all a head fake. I thought that that was interesting. Would if Hillary could surprise (which isn't one of her strong suits) AND double down on the message of "a steady hand in a volatile world" that she's been running with in ads the past few weeks? If you look back at her most recents ads, almost all play to that message. I'm leaning towards Stavridis more and more each day.

EDIT: Latest example of ad I mentioned https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/752535107437600768
politicallpd
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:09 AM »

Per FULL convention speaker list released this morning, both Christie and Gingrich are scheduled to speak-- no Pence. Seems clearest sign yet he's pick.
politicallpd
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »

Per FULL convention speaker list released this morning, both Christie and Gingrich are scheduled to speak-- no Pence. Seems clearest sign yet he's pick.

On the other hand, according to Politco Pro, Pence's campaign for Governor just started buying up August airtime...
politicallpd
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:26 AM »

It's going to be a Spanish speaker. If it were Vilsack you'd announce in Rust Belt/rural area. Heavily Hispanic Orlando and Miami swing would indicate wanting to show off someone fluent in Spanish. My guess is Kaine. Although Perez/Booker/Stavridis remain strong possibilities for same reason.
politicallpd
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »

If one were to find themself announcing their VP choice on a Friday night at least after 6:30, on the night after a terrorist attack, wouldn't that —uhh— cause one to pause and consider maybe they didn't make the best choice?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies