Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178979 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: April 30, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/us/politics/donald-trump-vice-president.html
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »

Please please please
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 06:58:55 PM »

Huntsman likely on Trump's VP shortlist:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd say he played his cards right.

My opinion of Huntsman will go down to the sh**tters if he dares do such a thing.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »

Huntsman likely on Trump's VP shortlist:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd say he played his cards right.

My opinion of Huntsman will go down to the sh**tters if he dares do such a thing.

I mean, he already endorsed Trump, and it wasn't even a "Ugh, okay" endorsement, either; he had been saying good things about Trump since before the primaries. He governed a conservative state as a conservative, and is really no moderate ideologically, just in tone.

I question whether he actually believes any of the positions he takes, but he takes them none the less and will endorse anyone if he thinks he can be propelled further into power. Same with his McCain endorsement in 2008.

Quite sad.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:21:00 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:01:44 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2016, 02:04:45 AM by Arch »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

She is anything, but goofy. It's actually disappointing for you to use such a childish characterization to dismiss her capability. You can disagree with her on policies and positions, whatever those may be to you, but to stoop down to that kind of argumentation won't get a serious response from me. This isn't the 2016 GOP primary.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

She is anything, but goofy. It's actually disappointing for you to use such a childish characterization to dismiss her capability. You can disagree with her on policies and positions, whatever those may be to you, but to stoop down to that kind of argumentation won't get a serious response from me. This isn't the 2016 GOP primary.

Arch, we're not counting on any response from you. You are too far gone. No chance of ever convincing you to support Trump.

That's why your comments about Trump's tactics don't matter.

Oh, but they do because I will convince other people to vote against him. If he were everything you think he is, I would be supporting him too, as would most Americans, but he isn't. And you can only get to visualizing him in the way you do by turning a blind eye to most of the things he does and says, while only paying attention to the things he says that you like, even though you have no assurance whatsoever that he'll follow through on any of it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »

This would be the cherry on top. PLS!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2016, 11:54:51 AM by Arch »

Has there been any indication of Bernie vetting any potential VP-candidates? I feel like that would truly reveal whether he actually believes he can still win or whether he is just waiting for the whole voting process to conclude.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 01:39:27 AM »

Liz Warren is shamelessly trying to become VP, but she'll end up looking like the left-wing Chris Christie.
She already does. I would like to see Clinton give Warren the finger and select Becerra or Perez as her running mate.

Becerra or Perez would be an incredibly savvy move from her part. It will pull more Hispanics in as Trump alienates them to unprecedented lengths.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/22/hillary-clinton-coming-to-cincinnati-monday-with-elizabeth-warren/86232138/

Clinton is holding a rally with Warren in Cincinatti. I think she may be gauging public interest for Warren as a running mate in a swing state.

Yep. That's the impression I get too.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 12:52:04 AM »

I almost can't believe Jeff Sessions is seriously being considered. As a Hillary supporter, there aren't too many others I would rather run against than him.

Pence and Gingrich are pretty horrible too.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 02:05:02 AM »

So Corker recommended Ivanka Trump as VP today.

And something completely anecdotal - a guy on another forum I frequent used to work on the Cruz campaign, and one of the people he got to know there now does polling for Trump. This Trump guy is apparently saying that they're going to be polling a Donald/Ivanka ticket tomorrow.

Is she even qualified for the VP position? She's 34.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 11:06:38 PM »

Same. He's just not ready.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »

Just keep adding random names to the pile, you don't have to make your decision anytime soon or something....

Disastrous campaign.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 11:06:42 PM »

I am not entirely sold on this but, FWIW, from a number of news sources tonight:

"...Trump, who is slated to be nominated for president at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next week, plans to announce his choice later this week. His allies say he favors a trio of elected leaders: Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Georgia..."

However, if true, I think we can safely take Christie out, so it would be between Gingrich and Pence.

In the same way that they released that list of speakers last week? I'm skeptical.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »

What a nightmare ticket.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »

Castro is the ultimate empty suit and Booker is actually in bed with Wall Street.

HUGE f'ing mistake to pick either of them.

Yeah, if she's going Latino Perez would be the better pick. At least he speaks Latin.
Latin?
Mexican.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 12:46:39 AM »

Castro is the ultimate empty suit and Booker is actually in bed with Wall Street.

HUGE f'ing mistake to pick either of them.

Yeah, if she's going Latino Perez would be the better pick. At least he speaks Latin.
Latin?
Mexican.

I don't know why he'd speak that. His parents are Dominican, after all.

The concept is too hard for him.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »

I think Kaine's reputation as a good man could help her with the general electorate and moderates in ways that Warren couldn't even though Warren would be a better choice to appeal to the Progressive wing further. I think he would be a fine VP choice.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »

Pls
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »

Dear lord
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »

But that's...that's not at all...ugh never mind I'm not going to bother.

The progressives plan is to nationalize the banks, or to abolish them so that the government can create prosperity among the non-producers. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it.

Huh Where the heck did you get this idea from?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »

The progressives plan is to nationalize the banks, or to abolish them so that the government can create prosperity among the non-producers. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it.

Sanders and the far left make it seem that banks and free enterprise are evil, evil. You can't have a country without a free market system. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it or nationalize it like crazy.

Where/when did Sanders propose to nationalize banks? He always spoke of breaking up the big banks like Roosevelt did. I fail to see how you arrive to this conclusion and then cast it over an entire wing of left-leaning voters.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »

Sanders and the far left make it seem that banks and free enterprise are evil, evil. You can't have a country without a free market system. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it or nationalize it like crazy.

Where/when did Sanders propose to nationalize banks? He always spoke of breaking up the big banks like Roosevelt did. I fail to see how you arrive to this conclusion and then cast it over an entire wing of left-leaning voters.

That's his ultimate goal, but he never spoke about it because he knew he would lose. Other than that, if not Kaine or Vilsack, former Indiana Rep. Tim Roemer would be good. He was an Ambassador to India.

http://www.patriotledger.com/article/20160420/NEWS/160507253

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies