Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:19:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179096 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »

If he picked Jindal, I would so ready to vote for Trump. 

Are you trying to separate Jindal from the state he ran into the ground? Good idea.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:34:52 AM »

It's completely baffling how Carson is riding Trump's dick after being compared to a child molester by him
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:31:21 PM »

A possible Trump/Gingrich ticket.

Imagine how completely outlandish this would've sounded in 2014. Even disregarding Trump, I thought we would never hear from Gingrich again after 2012.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »

Please let this happen
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 04:31:36 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

The would be yuuuuge. Will only help TRUMP. Just imagine how Christie would destroy her in the VP debate.

What, is he going to eat her?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 11:15:22 AM »

Lewandowski strongly hints the Trump VP pick will be someone from Congress:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/24/trump-campaign-manager-hints-that-vp-needs-federal-elective-experience

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 09:22:31 AM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.

Well, Gingrich is out of Office for 18 years.

Gingrich is pretty good at keeping himself in the spotlight, though - like his 2012 run.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.

Well, Gingrich is out of Office for 18 years.

Gingrich is pretty good at keeping himself in the spotlight, though - like his 2012 run.

I'm not sure why "has been in the spotlight recently" is an important requirement for VP.

EDIT: Anyway, this is silly.  There's no indication whatsoever that Hutchison is being considered, and no one has asked her if she's interested or anything like that, so I'm not sure why we're talking about her.

I didn't say it's an important requirement, but it helps.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:30:33 PM »

Also, could you please explain how Senator Joe Manchin is to the right of Clinton?

somebody please put me out of my misery
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 02:01:38 AM »

So Corker recommended Ivanka Trump as VP today.

And something completely anecdotal - a guy on another forum I frequent used to work on the Cruz campaign, and one of the people he got to know there now does polling for Trump. This Trump guy is apparently saying that they're going to be polling a Donald/Ivanka ticket tomorrow.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 08:03:57 PM »

Castro would be an utter disastro.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 11:06:49 PM »

Do you guys think we'll be hearing more about Hick in the coming days?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »

Do you really think that there are any voters that are ok with one woman on the ticket, but for whom two is suddenly a dealbreaker?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 06:14:46 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2016, 06:18:49 AM by Doctor Imperialism »

All very true. But you're missing the "first, do no harm" part of any VP pick.

Now, I am very far left, but to me picking Kaine signals that Clinton plans to run (and govern) as Republican lite. Even moreso than Obama.

That is pretty unacceptable to me and raises my chances of staying home or "throwing away my vote" astronomically, even if it may mean Trump winning. If significant numbers of likely voters share me views on this Kaine becomes a risky pick.

Not voting for Clinton is a vote for Trump. I respect your feelings on this, and I share them in a way. But you have to realize it's going to be either her or Trump; no matter how well a third party *might* do, it will not be enough to win. So would you rather have her or him?

Clinton is not a perfect candidate, and she is not the most ideal choice for president. But she is leagues beyond Trump.

I rest my case Smiley.

Eh.

I think Clinton rallying around the base causes substantially less harm than picking a moderate.

Left wingers who are currently not convinced (who DO exist) will not be convinced by more comparison of Clinton to Trump, with no positive reason to vote for her. They're leaning towards staying home.  Moderates currently picking Clinton as the lesser of two evils will either continue to do so, or simply not vote. Trump gains no votes if Clinton picks Warren,  and Clinton loses votes if she picks Kaine.

But this may not even be the most salient point. Having a progressive in the administration is going to be very important if Clinton seeks to govern at all AFTER the election. If she's confident that she can win in a tight race against Trumpence (a pretty reasonable assumption IMHO) would she rather have a progressive ambassador in the Naval Observatory, or a stuffed centrist shirt who can't do anything?

EDIT: This is of course colored by the fact that I'm in the population of people watching Clinton's VP pick to see if I can vote for her.  

All of Sanders' work in getting that progressive platform (the most progressive ever!) meant nothing to you?

He's the kind of special snowflake that gave us Bush.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:07 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 06:39:19 PM by Doctor Imperialism »

Betting markets have Kaine at around 70% odds of being VP. Do you guys think that's reasonable?

More generally, is the hype around Kaine justified?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:34 AM »

The prediction markets are buzzing about this, but why? What happened?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »

Please, please let it be Crist. I know it won't be, but...

God, don't jinx it.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 03:09:19 PM »

I'm watching the live stream of the rally, and DWS is introducing Hillary. I really want to sit here booing at my iPad screen.

Link?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies