Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:30:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 180559 times)
skoods
United States

« on: July 22, 2016, 05:52:31 AM »

For that matter, Charlie Baker will probably just appoint a moderate like Richard Tisei to the Senate seat if he isn't required to appoint a Democrat. It won't be as big of a deal as Virginia, where it would be very possible for a conservative Republican to take the Senate seat.

Even if the "moderate" is appointed, he/she will still caucus with the Republicans and give some degree of procedural control (albeit less than in the House) over to Republicans. 

And the difference between the most liberal Republican and the most conservative Republican is substantially smaller than the difference between the most liberal Republican and the most conservative Democrat nowadays.

Maybe in Tennessee. But Massachusetts liberal republicans are much more similar to a conservative democrat than a southern conservative republican. I mean, Tisei is openly gay.
skoods
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »

He's not wrong. The Massachusetts Democrats will go ahead and nominate Coakley again, I bet.

And? MA Republicans like Scott Brown and Charlie Baker only come around once in a while, and I think it's more likely the MA Dems nominate a younger candidate like Moulton or Kennedy.
I hope. I just can't believe Coakley dropped the ball not once, but twice in four years.

Coakley is done. She won't be the nominee again. The 2014 gubernatorial race was the first time I voted against a democrat in my life.

It would probably be Moulton, my congressman.
skoods
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »

He's not wrong. The Massachusetts Democrats will go ahead and nominate Coakley again, I bet.

And? MA Republicans like Scott Brown and Charlie Baker only come around once in a while, and I think it's more likely the MA Dems nominate a younger candidate like Moulton or Kennedy.
I hope. I just can't believe Coakley dropped the ball not once, but twice in four years.

Coakley is done. She won't be the nominee again. The 2014 gubernatorial race was the first time I voted against a democrat in my life.

It would probably be Moulton, my congressman.
I hate having Moulton as my congressman, but he's better than Marsha Coapley

Well yeah, why wouldn't you want an Iraq war vet who stands up against inequality and stands up for our troops.
skoods
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

My money's on Millard Fillmore.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies