Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:04:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179014 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: May 10, 2016, 12:41:13 PM »

This is from last week, but I just noticed it now.  As already noted early in the thread, Tim Scott didn’t rule out accepting a VP offer from Trump when he was asked about it a few weeks ago.  However, last week, Scott offered a rather tepid endorsement of Trump that suggested he wasn’t really interested in doing much to assist Trump’s campaign:

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160504/160509724/haley-not-interested-in-being-trumps-vice-presidential-pick

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, OK, he hasn’t ruled out accepting a running mate offer, but he sure doesn’t sound as enthusiastic about it as some of the others.

Scott would be a very strong choice.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:42:01 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

She is anything, but goofy. It's actually disappointing for you to use such a childish characterization to dismiss her capability. You can disagree with her on policies and positions, whatever those may be to you, but to stoop down to that kind of argumentation won't get a serious response from me. This isn't the 2016 GOP primary.

Arch, we're not counting on any response from you. You are too far gone. No chance of ever convincing you to support Trump.

That's why your comments about Trump's tactics don't matter.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52:55 AM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would think Gingrich will  get the VP call from Trump.

Two old white men who have deep  issues with women.

Aint happnin.

Gingrich is exactly the sort of figure that a not-too-bright adolescent Trump would consider would add "gravitas" and "experience" to his ticket. Because Trump appears to have less self-awareness than a not particularly bright sponge, the old white male misogyny issues are irrelevant, maybe even a plus because they'll appeal to Trump's own biases. As long as he's willing to play yes-man to the big golden-orange cheese, Gingrich will be fine in Trump's mind.

2nd that.   Gingrich is basically Trumps Cheney would be a good pick but Kasich is better.  Picking a woman looks like a cheap pander unless its  S Martinez whos a nevertrump.

A lot of Pub Hispanics are still Never Trump. I expect that to change in the coming months. But the healing process with them will be longer.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »

Please not Corker, Donald. Pick Kasich! He's the most competent guy by far.

Kasich said he'd refuse if Trump asked him.

You believe him?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:21:44 PM »

Aww, I wanted to see a Trump/Gingrich ticket of hilarity!

Not going to happen now. Trump will not forgive him such treachery.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »

At this stage, the risk of that backlash pales in comparison to the damage Trump is bringing onto the GOP, the US image internationally and to the economy.

LOL! Like we would ask you of all people for advice which risk is greater for the GOP?
Troll!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »

Corker is too short for a Trump VP anyway.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »

Corker is too short for a Trump VP anyway.

Is there any pathetic statement you aren't willing to pollute this forum with?

Just telling it like it is.

It's your problem you can't handle the truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies