Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:48:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179044 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« on: May 09, 2016, 01:00:57 AM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

I doubt Castro is off the list. Or do you mean only Jacquin?

Some media observers think that'll be Castro for Hillary and Kasich for TRUMP. I like both. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/john-kasich-julian-castro-trump-clinton-running-mates-odds/83974594/

Ah, yes. The media observers who said that your candidate never had a chance?

Kasich wouldn't agree to it.

He would. He's second term (term limited) governor. If he wants a chance to ever become president, it is the VP slot on the TRUMP train.

But Kasich has said multiple times that he wouldn't do it. What makes you think he'd suddenly change his mind?
He's a politician

Manaforts partner is also his campagain manager wink wink.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:13:56 AM »

Christie or Kasich is my bets right now.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:46:27 AM »

I think he's going to pick someone with the following attributes:

>Is a policy wonk
>Is not an old white man

IMO, he should go for a southern woman.  He needs someone to soften his rough edges to an extent.

I don't think he has a choice and none of the people that would fill the bill are going to join on the ticket because the nevertrump forces are going to make sure of it. 

Heres the options

1. Kasich (though I feel he's debating it hard the #nevertrumps may sway him)

2. Christie (really wants it or some part of a trump white house)

3. Sessions( Think Trump rather him in another role though)

4.  Someone unknown and prob a Eagleton type pick ( hopefully # 2 is picked before this option)

5) Outside wildcard someone like Jim Webb (see #4)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »

The more i think about it Newt is the prefect pick for Trump.  He's basically like Trumps Dick Cheney.  Washington insider with experience at fighting the Clinton's.  Also he was runner up in 2012 gop primary somewhat so the voters already know who he is.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:26 PM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would think Gingrich will  get the VP call from Trump.

Two old white men who have deep  issues with women.

Aint happnin.

Gingrich is exactly the sort of figure that a not-too-bright adolescent Trump would consider would add "gravitas" and "experience" to his ticket. Because Trump appears to have less self-awareness than a not particularly bright sponge, the old white male misogyny issues are irrelevant, maybe even a plus because they'll appeal to Trump's own biases. As long as he's willing to play yes-man to the big golden-orange cheese, Gingrich will be fine in Trump's mind.

2nd that.   Gingrich is basically Trumps Cheney would be a good pick but Kasich is better.  Picking a woman looks like a cheap pander unless its  S Martinez whos a nevertrump.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would think Gingrich will  get the VP call from Trump.

Two old white men who have deep  issues with women.

Aint happnin.

Gingrich is exactly the sort of figure that a not-too-bright adolescent Trump would consider would add "gravitas" and "experience" to his ticket. Because Trump appears to have less self-awareness than a not particularly bright sponge, the old white male misogyny issues are irrelevant, maybe even a plus because they'll appeal to Trump's own biases. As long as he's willing to play yes-man to the big golden-orange cheese, Gingrich will be fine in Trump's mind.

2nd that.   Gingrich is basically Trumps Cheney would be a good pick but Kasich is better.  Picking a woman looks like a cheap pander unless its  S Martinez whos a nevertrump.

A lot of Pub Hispanics are still Never Trump. I expect that to change in the coming months. But the healing process with them will be longer.

The one way Trump could maybe lessen the damage of hispanic votes is attacking the current path to legal status policy.   Hispanics are upset about trump yet under Obama just as many families are broken up everyday.  The process for them to become citizens like ironically Trumps wife is a bureaucratic nightmare.   

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:13:03 AM »

In this video, WaPo’s Robert Costa says “Talking to Trump advisors, I think Corker’s certainly on the list for the VP slot”:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/videos/2016-05-23/sen-bob-corker-meets-with-donald-trump-amid-vp-speculation

He also says that the Trump people say they want someone who can be “seen as a heavyweight”, like a Dick Cheney type, which is why Bob Corker, who is of course the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chair, would be a contender.

In other news, Ben Carson has already flip-flopped on this a couple of times, but he says that he doesn’t want to be on the ticket:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/280952-carson-i-would-not-want-to-be-on-the-ticket-or-in-the

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Carson needs to be the next Chairman of the RNC.  Its the Perfect role for him.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »

Its a toss up now between Corker and Newt. Either would be great choices.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 12:33:17 AM »

Kasich won't even endorse Trump. Why on Earth would he accept the VP spot? (Especially since it's still possible Kasich runs again in 2020.)

He will get the same result in 2020 that he got in 2016 if he continues his silly selfish non support of the 2016 GOP candidate for president.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 05:29:23 AM »

Gingrich’s rhetoric re: Trump seems to have taken a turn of late.  The initial Gingrich VP buzz coincided with Gingrich becoming a big cheerleader for Trump in the media.  But more recently, he’s been rather critical…first criticizing Trump over the Susanna Martinez flap, and now over this Hispanic judge thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pushing-racial-boundaries-trump-draws-rebuke-from-a-fretful-gop/2016/06/04/fbd298c8-2a6d-11e6-b989-4e5479715b54_story.html

Well hes not the only one.    Trump is flying off the handle over nonsense lately he should shut up about the Judge in the Trump U case because afterall nobody told him to attempt to make a quick buck and screw over folks.... not that they didn't deserve it for being foolish.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 12:40:30 AM »

Why should Trump ask potential running mates for tax returns?  I mean I realize he's a lying hypocrite but he's usually not that obvious.

Yes, he really is that obvious.

Look at his recent idiocy towards Judge Curiel. His comments are completely irrational. They have no connection whatsoever to reality, or to his own previous statements!

Trump[/s]Miller's entire schtick revolves around everyone going, "Oh, no one in his position could possibly be that racist/stupid/ignorant/criminal/evil" and then coming up with explanations to avoid painful levels of cognitive dissonance.

All of them on his short lists should say " not until you show me yours".   
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 08:14:40 AM »

Gingrich’s fellow presumed-VP short lister Bob Corker is also criticizing Trump over the Curiel matter, albeit in somewhat more gentle terms.  On “This Week”, he said that Trump is “going to have to change” his campaign approach for the general election, and:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-bob-corker-trump-change/story?id=39611502

Trump is finished.   Hell it might be time to consider another candidate for the convention.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 01:20:54 AM »

Under normal circumstances, Kasich, Rubio, and Cruz would be good choices for Trump.  This year, however, these folks have said things about Trump that go beyond the pale, and Trump has said things about them that go beyond the pale.

I can't see how Cruz could accept under any circumstances.  Given how personal Trump's attacks became regarding Cruz and his wife, I personally believe that Cruz's credibility would take a hit if he even said that he was VOTING for Trump.

Kasich's and Rubio's statements are what they are.  They're on the record, and they, too, would lose credibility if they accepted a Trump offer to be VP.

In 1972, George McGovern had the opportunity to choose then-Gov. Jimmy Carter (D-GA) as his VP choice.  Carter was talking out of both sides of his mouth; he was a Henry Jackson supporter (stiffing both George Wallace and Wallace's Georgia surrogate, Lt. Gov. Lester Maddox) who was making pubic statements on how unelectable McGovern was, and how far to the left he was from the average Democrat in Georgia.  At the same time, Carter was secretly pushing himself as a possible running-mate for McGovern.  (McGovern rejected him, and privately referred to Carter as "the biggest p---k in politics".) 

Despite the rift between McGovern and Carter, had Carter been chosen as McGovern's VP candidate, it would have worked out better than what happened.  McGovern would not have lost by as huge a margin, and Carter's presence might have given a moderating influence to the ticket without Carter having to repudiate anything he has said prior to the convention.  That's not the case with Kasich, Rubio, and Cruz.  What they've said goes to the character of Trump, and they've said things they can't walk back.  After all, if Trump really is a "con man" and a "carnival barker" and a "racist", and yada, yada, yada, and you've gone on record as saying so, how can you even credibly endorse him, even timidly?  How can you credibly claim that Hillary would be worse.  In Trump's case, he CANNOT take someone who's let loose with such statements, because it will detract from the credibility of all concerned, and raise the question of "If Trump's THAT bad, why aren't anti-Trump Republicans supporting Hillary?"

I don't understand the logic in not supporting the nominee in an election year such as this when the court balance is at stake. 

Do they really think voters will just die or forget their stub of trump come 2020?    Whats Cruz gonna say " Folks vote for me because the last 4 years of Hillary have been awful".  The voters will be like .. wait a minute in 2016 you didn't even support our chance at defeating her.  Reagan and Nixion stood by Goldwater in 64 and both went on to become president.  Mitts old man  became irrelevant. 
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:47 AM »

So If Hillary picks Castro the slogan can be " I am crooked with herTongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies