Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179043 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 10, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »

Scott is a joke. He's corrupt and even unpopular in Florida.

The article is talking about Tim Scott, not Rick Scott.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

The MA legislature is under solid Dem control.  

I read in the Globe the other day that there's apparently very little political will in the General Court for changing the law to strip Baker of his appointment power. For some inexplicable reason almost everybody in Massachusetts has been acting for the past year and a half like he's made of solid gold.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:29 PM »

The MA legislature is under solid Dem control.  

I read in the Globe the other day that there's apparently very little political will in the General Court for changing the law to strip Baker of his appointment power. For some inexplicable reason almost everybody in Massachusetts has been acting for the past year and a half like he's made of solid gold.

But the appointment would only be for a few months anyway, right?  If Warren resigns in November, then when is the special election?  February?

Kirk and Cowan each served for about five months. If Warren resigned in November then the election would be around April.

The Senate could very well be 50-50 after this election, and I don't think national Democrats will want to jeopardize a majority at the beginning of the Congress. In that situation I could see Warren staying in the Senate until January 19 to ensure that a Democratic majority set the Senate rules for the 115th Congress, actually.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 09:41:42 AM »

There are things about Garcetti that are legitimately exciting, it's just that he doesn't hold a traditional national campaign springboard position.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »

Him and Garcetti being on the list actually make me think it's legitimate and farther along in the process.

Eh. I think they Ryan is a headfake to show how conservative she could go, so she can feed progressives a win when she removes him from the list (he's staunchly anti-choice).

Not since January 2015 he isn't.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »

I'm really praying that all of these "VP leaks" end up being a head-fake for a surprise pick like Warren.

If it does end up being Kaine, do you think Hillary would want to appoint Warren to a position in her cabinet?

You would still temporarily give up the Senate seat unless Reid found a loophole in Massachusetts state law

Or you know they pass new law that requires the governor to pick a member of the same party. A few other states have this.

Needs to be same party from a list provided by that party's committee.  Otherwise, Baker could just appoint Stephen Lynch to mess with the Dems as much as possible.

Lynch is hardly Conservadem Classic, though. He's an old-school union hack (which I mean in the best way) who seems more conservative than he actually is because he is or was pro-life. He voted against Obamacare from the left. He's the exact opposite of the type of Democrat Baker would ever consider appointing if left to his own devices.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:15:44 PM »

Crist, I'd much rather have Kaine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies