The three branches of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:38:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The three branches of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Atlas Forum

Atlas After Dark

#atlasforum IRC channel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: The three branches of Atlas  (Read 2141 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:19 AM »

Which is best?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »

They're all cancers, but AAD is probably the least bad. The new vermin that has replaced the legends who left a black hole on this site has basically been the death knell. They need to get out.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 11:54:12 AM »

AAD, I guess.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »

The one not hidden behind a wall.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

I like IRC a lot.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »

Voted IRC because I really like the regulars there, but I also really like this forum as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 02:16:35 PM »

Never been to AAD. Haven't been to IRC in ages, since it became boring as hell (though it could have improved in a meantime).

Atlas by deflaut.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »

They're all cancers, but AAD is probably the least bad. The new vermin that has replaced the legends who left a black hole on this site has basically been the death knell. They need to get out.

Hyperbolize much?  Tongue
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 04:28:04 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

Hyperbolize much?  Tongue

Actually...no. Basically, 70% of the top 20-25 posters post almost exclusively over there, not counting troll drive-bys over here and 90%+ post the majority of their stuff over there. Maybe I don't read International Elections enough and miss some of our great European friends, but I get a ton of stuff from them on AAD in the non-International sections so I don't know why I'd miss them here. They are rightly labeled legends. The amount they contribute is unmatched and I wish to be a fraction of what they are.

As far as vermin, what good posters have joined since AAD picked up speed and everyone left here late last summer? Virginia, who has already joined us at AAD, is an elite poster. Southern Gothic is pretty good and has potential to get better (though AAD might look down on his current style of certain labelings, I see lots of potential). Derpist is OK I guess maybe. Then there are a couple mediocre ones who I can at least tolerate, sometimes even enjoy, (and I can tolerate some of the young ones for what they are). [I leave in this category for anyone semi-new that I forgot. Don't be offended if you are not in my top category, I may have forgotten.] And then everyone else who joined in the last 6-8 months literally spews nonsense on this forum making it nearly unusable for basic discussion.  The rest of the Trump and Sanders (and anti-Trump) idiots are literally trash-tier posters. Shadows. AlwaysBernie. SillyAmerican. Schadenfreude. Youngconservative. And many, many more I won't continue to list. These have entered a vacuous mess and taken over. The mediocre ones have little guidance from the good posters on how to be a good poster because anyone relevant has left.

Then you have a lot of older posters making ridiculous concern trolling, drive-by trolling and pure anger posts that are completely inappropriate. I won't name too many names, but ProudModerate2 is out of control as is marty as well as a couple others who create too many topics just like him.
For the umpteenth time, look at how AAD is organized. It's a thing of beauty. Incredibly easy to navigate and find the topics you are looking for. This has nothing to do with being closed off. This has to do with basic forum etiquette. There are core threads and you share your commentary in the proper ones. Now look at the 2016 board. For as many 2016 threads as AAD has active in a month, you have the same number in 2-3 days. And you will struggle to find any that are relevant. The same questions are asked to the forum twice or even thrice on a single day!!! When I say black hole, yes, there is literally a black hole of what used to be quality discussion that is being filled by terrible posters who feel the need to repost over-and-over-and-over-and-over since the good posters don't keep the place balanced out.

Sure AAD has some pretty terrible people even with Einzige gone, but they are mostly told to just shut up. I could really do without straha and a couple others. But look. That nut extrabase2 learned to behave decently well after posting trash for a week. He attempted to emulate good posters. Firestorm tries the best he can to add to discussions, and I actually appreciate his different perspective even if it's inappropriate from time-to-time. They are both miles better than what is coming to this site.

The remnants here are intolerable and have no hope of learning. Get them out. OUT, OUT, OUT!

This site has so much potential, and you are letting it go to waste. I'm not a fan of some of the bullying that goes on at AAD and I've called it out ~3 times, but it's still significantly better than here because of...I will say it one more time..the VERMIN (no hyperbole).
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »

I'm almost afraid to ask what Atlas After Dark is.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »

Some people got angry at the strict moderation policies here and created a new forum (AAD) only visible to registrated members for two purposes: to sort out some of the trolls here, and so that banned users could be talked to again.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »

Some people got angry at the strict moderation policies here and created a new forum (AAD) only visible to registrated members for two purposes: to sort out some of the trolls here, and so that banned users could be talked to again.

Oh that sounds pretty peachy. They wouldn't take too kindly to my type though, huh?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »

Atlas forum, the only one I use.

Also, cxs018, me, SouthernGothic, Spark498, Derpist, and SillyAmerican are the main new users I know. I like to think we're a good group.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »

Oh that sounds pretty peachy. They wouldn't take too kindly to my type though, huh?

They let me in, so I'm sure they'd be fine with you.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »

Right on. I may check it out sometime.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »

By the way, cxs is a great example of a poster who began his improvement immediately after joining AAD.

Southern Gothic, we'd love to have you. Register, read around a bit to gain an understanding, and start contributing.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 06:38:28 PM by Southern Gothic »

By the way, cxs is a great example of a poster who began his improvement immediately after joining AAD.

Southern Gothic, we'd love to have you. Register, read around a bit to gain an understanding, and start contributing.

I'll give it a try! Smiley

Atlas forum, the only one I use.

Also, cxs018, me, SouthernGothic, Spark498, Derpist, and SillyAmerican are the main new users I know. I like to think we're a good group.

Funny enough, that's the group I feel closest to as well. Some of my favorite posters.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »

Given the AAD was largely established for a purpose of keeping the pathetic spectacle known as "the update" running, I'm happy to stay away.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »

Voted IRC, although AAD in practice is a lot better than it looks on paper.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »

I have an AAD account though, I rarely use it and definitely normal Atlas wins.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »

AAD is a cancer, and I have no idea what IRC looks like these days, so Atlas by default.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »

IRC for mine. AAD is pretty damn good once you get over the way it was formed and a few trash-tier posters, but the IRC when I get in there is mostly very good as long as there's people in there. Sadly most of the time time zones is an issue.

Atlas really isn't that good these days. Most of the best posters are pretty lazy these days and their replacements are largely too young or kinda annoying.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »

I used to like AAD the most (and still probably do), but I've grown a tad bored with it.  I most check Forum Community and Off Topic (not really fun to be ridiculed for your politics as a daily ritual), and they've been either slow or just bizarre.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »

My biggest issue with AAD seems to be apparently everyone's terrible sense of humor. An gutwrenchingly awful, trite and unfunny troll just started posting and some people are going crazy about how he's supposedly the most hilarious thing ever.

Two other insanely unfunny things too many on AAD go crazy over:

-Anything involving "ironic" Trump support (seriously people this ceased to be amusing when 2016 started AT THE LATEST)
-Those stupid f[inks]ing Update emojis. They were pretty damn close to killing Update before they were thankfully removed since they made it so that whole pages of Update were just lame posts that were nothing more than excuses to use them repeatedly.

But of course it's not like here hasn't latched onto some lame and unfunny memes and beat them to death...
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 11:50:39 PM »

All three branches of Atlas do have a problem with driving jokes into the ground. I found the first few posts of said troll mildly humorous. His post count is now reaching 40.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies