Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped  (Read 10613 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:58 AM »

It's quite common for colleges here to bar alcohol from any school-related activity and for student honor codes to call for students to not partake of alcohol or drugs on campus.
When I was in business school, there was basically no activity, including school-sponsored ones, that didn't involve drinking. Cheesy (the youngest students in the program were 24 at admission)
That's exactly why the drinking age should be raised to 25.😉
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2016, 11:23:42 AM »

A lot of republican poster's comments in this thread are appalling. As someone who enjoys to drink (a lot), and someone who likes parties I think Kasich's comments are horrendous.

It is still illegal to drink underage so people under 21 should not be allowed in parties with alcohol
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2016, 09:03:56 PM by shua »

I think you'd probably find the response of 'ordinary society' to this thread even less to your liking.

Imagine the response if any other candidate tried to make an issue out of this.

"John Kasich wants to tell your daughter not to go to parties with alcohol because he thinks they'll be raped.  What a loser!  I support college students drinking heavily, and I'm not afraid of your daughter getting raped. I'm Donald J. Tump and I approve of this message."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »

The decontextualization in this thread is really quite something.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »

I'd also note that of course people should (in some sense of the word) take care of themselves. Parents can be concerned about their kids, etc, parents always are. But public figures shouldn't peddle these types of messages, especially without making clear where the blame falls.

Again, the implication of Kasich's statement is that it is reckless behavior as a woman to go to a party and drink. But it really shouldn't be. It is normal. For me a a guy it is normal. I've gotten pass-out drunk a few times and while that had its cons I could do that being pretty confident that nothing particularly bad would happen to me. And it didn't. Women should have that same right. It really isn't much more difficult than that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies