Bill Clinton: "Sanders supporters would shoot every 3rd person on Wall Street"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bill Clinton: "Sanders supporters would shoot every 3rd person on Wall Street"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bill Clinton: "Sanders supporters would shoot every 3rd person on Wall Street"  (Read 2985 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »

Finally someone is calling these children out! You go Bill!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »

And this is untrue how? The way some people talk about Wall Street you'd think they'd actually want to physically harm bankers and investors.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 07:58:37 PM »

Bill Clinton is such a huge FF. I agree with Lief. I love it how he's calling these violent children out.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 08:07:15 PM »

Old Man Yells At Cloud
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 08:39:40 PM »

what an insulting accusation! he's claiming we're soft on wall street!

I'm sure that most Sanders supporters would be just fine with trials and (lots of) jail time for Bill and Hillary's criminal friends on the Street - but Mr. Clinton dares not mention such ideas in relation to Wall Street, lest the public get ideas.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 08:48:32 PM »

It has to kill Bill inside that all of his "accomplishments" from the 90's have been discredited by everyone, including his wife. He's been trying way to hard to compensate with that loss recently.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »

Wow, people on here are so nasty to Bill.  He's a good guy.

I'm so sick and tired of him saying completely true things, though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »

Bill Clinton is such a huge FF. I agree with Lief. I love it how he's calling these violent children out.

Someone needs to bring these spoiled brats to heel.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »

This is difference between Sanders & Clinton supporters - I think it's pretty shameful to be a Clinton supporter given that you have no rules, no standards & will defend anything but you will blast Sanders for any issues in his part or his campaign

They are defending these remarks - The only criticism is now is not the time as it may antagonize Sanders supporters who they need in the GE - The Sanders supporters are pure votes n anything else.

I think because we have a couple of downright nasty people these people are overlooked. Most Clinton supporters are the Cruz to Landside/Lief's Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »

It has to kill Bill inside that all of his "accomplishments" from the 90's have been discredited by everyone, including his wife. He's been trying way to hard to compensate with that loss recently.

And not even all of his terrible "accomplishments" are under attack. The telecommuncations deregulation was absolutely terrible. Comcast is a total monopoly on high speed internet as a result. Some other bad ones were DMCA, mickey mouse copyright extension, and capital gains tax cut.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

One rare positives of this campaign has been seeing Bill relentlessly destroy his own credibility.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 09:50:02 PM »

About that.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »

I don't particularly like Old Bill but I'm glad someone's saying this. Excellent burn.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 11:02:39 PM »

As a moderate hero, I can only support the Truly Moderate "Kill every fourth Wall Street person and every fifth business CEO/labor head."
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 11:04:29 PM »

Finally someone is calling these children out! You go Bill!

Seems like they're taking a more moderate position from Sanders himself - why do you think he's so against gun control?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »

I completely agree with Bill. The Sandernistas' constant trashing of Wall Street and the big banks and millionaires and billionaires is starting to make me feel sympathy for these folks. Are you all sure you're not closeted Wall Street cronies trying to get people such as myself to feel sorry for you? It's working!

In all seriousness, though, I can't tell what or whom the Sandernistas hate more: Hillary Clinton herself, Wall Street, or anyone who disagrees with them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »

Oh yeah, poor Wall Street is the real victim here. Roll Eyes
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 01:57:22 AM »

I'm starting to love this man.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2016, 02:02:45 AM »

How dare Bill Clinton say that Berniebots are spewing hate and advocating violence?
It's not like they go around saying that blacks deserve to be lynched because they voted for Hillary.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 02:27:54 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2016, 02:58:19 AM by Derpist »

Strange. Clinton cracks this joke as if this was a negative statement about Sanders supporters. Tongue
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2016, 02:47:55 AM »

This.  Along with Bill's fantastic comments about Black Lives Matter, I'm warming up to him.  It's too bad he can't be the one running instead of Hillary.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2016, 03:20:01 AM »

Ironic for someone who executed a mentally challenged inmate on death row just to look tough with the death penalty in the middle of the 1992 primary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2016, 03:56:42 AM »

It's hardly a surprising statement. We know Bill prefers to give lethal injections and not for the bankers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2016, 04:33:39 AM »

It's hardly a surprising statement. We know Bill prefers to give lethal injections and not for the bankers.

And Clinton bankers don't even get investigated when they destroyed the world economy with their lies.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/13/robert-rubin-financial-crisis-commission-justice-department/
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2016, 05:38:45 AM »

So let me get this straight... Bill Clinton insinuates that Sanders or his supporters would be ok with murdering a bunch of people via a 'joke', when such a claim is clearly ludicrous, and a minority of folks around here seem to have a problem with it?

Humor, even terrible humor, is an effective way at making an attack on someone that you wouldn't otherwise be able to make. Bill seems to be trying to drive a meme with this that Sanders/his supporters are some sort of radical violent revolutionary force to be feared. But because its 'a joke' that some how makes it ok? I don't think so.

But this is what I'm seeing over and over again. The Clinton campaign is doing its best to paint Sanders and the movement behind him as dangerous, unstable, and awful. As I've pointed out before, there is douchey idiots in any large group of people that make neutral or good organizations/movements look bad, and Sanders and his campaign has condemned these elements when they have popped up. But yet the Clinton campaign and her supporters keep railing against these rogue individuals and try to use them to paint the entire group in a negative light. And then we get stuff like this from her husband that continue to push the smear, push the meme. To continue to play on people's fears. And it continues to get the approval of the yes-men on their side as it fits their frame of the election, and its easier to keep going with it instead of questioning the logic of what is being said. Enjoy being played.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies