Barack Obama: Taking money from 1 percenters compromised my politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Barack Obama: Taking money from 1 percenters compromised my politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama: Taking money from 1 percenters compromised my politics  (Read 760 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »

In his 2008 bestseller The Audacity of Hope, the president talked frankly about how the "money chase" compromised his politics, saying "a consequence of my fund-raising I became more like the wealthy donors I met, in the very particular sense that I spent more and more of my time above the fray, outside the world of immediate hunger, disappointment, fear, irrationality, and frequent hardship of the other 99 percent of the population — that is, the people that I’d entered public life to serve

http://boingboing.net/2016/04/15/barack-obama-taking-money-fro.html
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »

Luckily Barack Obama has done a lot of growing up since 2008 and is no longer the repugnant self-important man who'd publish a book with a title as cringeworthy as The Audacity of Hope.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »

Luckily Barack Obama has done a lot of growing up since 2008 and is no longer the repugnant self-important man who'd publish a book with a title as cringeworthy as The Audacity of Hope.

Or the repugnant self-important man who'd publish 2 separate memoirs about his life before even getting elected President.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:10:10 AM »

Or the repugnant self-important man who'd publish 2 separate memoirs about his life before even getting elected President.

What does that make the man who has published 18 books mostly about his life before getting elected President?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump#Books_authored
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »

What does that make the man who has published 18 books mostly about his life before getting elected President?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump#Books_authored

Well, in fairness, Trump was a public figure at the very top of his line of work (not that I think Obama was in the wrong either but Trump is far more understandable).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies