Trump gets obliterated by Cruz forces in Georgia's District Conventions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:25:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump gets obliterated by Cruz forces in Georgia's District Conventions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump gets obliterated by Cruz forces in Georgia's District Conventions  (Read 3683 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2016, 05:58:28 AM »
« edited: April 17, 2016, 06:03:34 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/16/donald-trump-gets-outmaneuvered-by-ted-cruz-forces-in-georgia/

And then there's this

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »

Wow.... is there any place where Trump doesn't get obliterated by Cruz forces? lol

Well, in this case it seems evidence Rubio supporters teamed up with Cruz supporters to lock out many Trump delegates, so it's somewhat interesting lol.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:33:56 AM »

Wow.... is there any place where Trump doesn't get obliterated by Cruz forces? lol

Cruz has a ridiculously competent campaign, whereas I don't think Trump was seriously expecting to win the nomination until relatively recently.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Cruz is going to pull off the nomination despite Trump's advantage in pledged delegates, and if he does say hello to DNC '68 on steroids.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 08:07:41 AM »

The system is rigged. This will cause a popular outrage among the Trump supporters and only help Trump win the required 1237 delegates the regular way and win on the first ballot.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »

The system is rigged. This will cause a popular outrage among the Trump supporters and only help Trump win the required 1237 delegates the regular way and win on the first ballot.

If Trump would've had his people stay to vote for delegates this wouldn't be happening.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »

Maybe if they had better organization for these delegate caucuses they would do better. Later this month in MA, we have Congressional District Caucuses and Trump won over 49% of the vote here and they haven't even started organizing for the caucuses.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »

Cruz's supporters are more likely to be ideologues than TRUMP's, so not surprising.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 08:45:44 AM »

The system is rigged against Trump, so he'll win? I think there's something wrong with part of that reasoning.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:52:54 AM »

So to be clear, in Georgia, Cruz is basically electing ninja delegates, right? Delegates who are bound to vote for Trump on the first ballot, but will switch to Cruz on the second ballot?

If Cruz wins this way, basically by overturning the actual election results through sneaky backroom dealings, there will be riots in Cleveland and his GE election campaign will have serious legitimacy concerns - not to mention the paranoia around Democrats who remember 2000 and will try to portray Cruz as planning to steal the election, like he did the nomination.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »

The system is rigged against Trump, so he'll win? I think there's something wrong with part of that reasoning.

Isn't it more, just the gang bang? Trump's problem is that all the others with delegates want to stop him. That is less true of Cruz, at least with the Rubio faction. If team Rubio had Trump as the consolation prize, then it would have been Cruz that was burned.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

It's the best of both worlds: Ljube gets to be optimistic about his candidate, AND cry about how everyone is biased against him!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 09:10:01 AM »

As much as I dislike Trump, this is truly disguisting.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »

I have to agree. The voters are choosing Trump; they should let him have the nomination.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »

The system is not 'rigged' at all. The nomination process for delegates is has been known for years and Trump's failure to actually know the rules is his fault and no one else's. 
yankeesfan
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 09:30:17 AM »

Just like Trump exploited all of the rules of the Bankruptcy Court to their fullest advantage to win, Cruz is exploiting all the rules of the RNC nomination process.  Trump should understand that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 10:02:37 AM »

Bullsh**t. Trump needs to be stopped and any means to do so is acceptable. Of course they are merely using the existing rules here so I don't see what the problem is.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »

Bullsh**t. Trump needs to be stopped and any means to do so is acceptable. Of course they are merely using the existing rules here so I don't see what the problem is.

I can't quite decide which one of us hates Trump more. What do you think?  Smiley

Oh, hi friend by the way. How's it going?
Donnie

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 10:20:30 AM »

This is getting grotesque.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »

I can't quite decide which one of us hates Trump more. What do you think?  Smiley

Oh, hi friend by the way. How's it going?

Haha it has to be me. I can't imagine anyone hating him more. Smiley

I'm doing well and hope you are doing the same. Btw, I'm voting for Cruz. Who would have thought that would happen. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 11:09:40 AM »

I have to agree. The voters are choosing Trump; they should let him have the nomination.

"The voters are choosing Trump."  Except that not a single state that's voted so far has seen a majority of voters support him.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

Last I checked a majority of Georgians voted against Trump.

Trump has won more delegates than voters, especially in places like Missouri where he won by fewer than a thousand votes, and took home 30+ delegates.

Did you see Cruz *****ing about that? Nope. He manned up and decided to pummel Trump in the upcoming states.

Since March 23rd, Cruz is 100+ delegates up. And that doesn't include Utah.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »

The problem is not whether we support Trump of Cruz, the problem is that primary votes should matter. I'm very much in favor of Sanders, but I dissaprove of him getting more delegates than Hillary in Nevada, despite losing the state.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »

Good. Party primaries aren't apart of the government. They don't have to play by the same rules.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »

The problem is not whether we support Trump of Cruz, the problem is that primary votes should matter. I'm very much in favor of Sanders, but I dissaprove of him getting more delegates than Hillary in Nevada, despite losing the state.
Again, as I mentioned, stopping Trump by any means is acceptable to me. A fascist should not be the nominee of one of the two major parties.

Also, trump hasn't got the majority of the votes in any state so why should he be entitled to the majority of delegates? And before you go on about rules, Cruz is also just using the existing rules in his favor. Additionally, if the Republicans had similar rules to the Democrats, Trump wouldn't have been able to get even close to a majority of the delegates because he only gets about 40% of the vote. If anything the rules are stacked in his favor, not against him.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »

This is so frustrating to watch.  I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but what's happening is deeply unfair.  To those who say "it's part of the game", do you remember Romney or McCain or W having to go back to elections they had already won and re-fight them, not to win votes, but to outmanouver local party activists abusing the rulebook to put up delegates who support the guy who lost instead of the guy who won?  It's insane that this can happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies