Department of Federal Elections: Rpryor03, SOFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:23:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Rpryor03, SOFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Rpryor03, SOFE  (Read 17124 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »

From the new RG's spreadsheet. And due to the wording in the Constitution, I rounded down for all of them.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »

Hmm, you're counting 10 more people in the game than I did, and I thought I was very sure to include people who have recently registered. My count was done a few days ago, but I had:

37 - Western
39 - Southern   
45 - Northeastern

For a total of 121 people. It's possible I missed someone(s) or a state.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 09:05:27 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2016, 09:10:30 PM by Pacific Councilor 1184AZ »

Hmm, you're counting 10 more people in the game than I did, and I thought I was very sure to include people who have recently registered. My count was done a few days ago, but I had:

37 - Western
39 - Southern  
45 - Northeastern

I can PM you my spreadsheet if you want me to, this is including all new registers including evergreen, what day did you calculate these numbers

Edit: I notice the last official update showed 121 people, that does not include any new registers from May 9th onward which I have added to the roll, we have also had no more deregister since the last update.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »

37 - Western
39 - Southern   
45 - Northeastern

I can PM you my spreadsheet if you want me to, this is including all new registers including evergreen, what day did you calculate these numbers

Edit: I notice the last official update showed 121 people, that does not include any new registers from May 9th onward which I have added to the roll, we have also had no more deregister since the last update.

I could have sworn that I added in the people from May 1 until about May 15 or so (when I made my thread outlining the schedule), but perhaps I forgot them (I did two counts). I'd like to see the sheet, yes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »

Yeah, it appears that when I did my second count, I forgot to include the people who had registered between May 2 and May 16. My bad.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:30 PM »

Just take Griffin's version - cutting it down to one seat makes it a competition. Cheesy
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »

ModerateVAVoter's vote is discounted for not having had 10 posts in the last 8 weeks.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 11:46:00 PM »

Evergreen and Dkrol ballots are not valid, because they registered less then a week before the election

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 02:09:50 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 02:12:46 AM by tēyōllohcuāni »

i will, of course, be challenging the results in court if my vote (and/or dkrol's) is not counted. and unrivaled legal expert bacon king has confirmed that i would be in the right.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 02:04:38 PM »

i will, of course, be challenging the results in court if my vote (and/or dkrol's) is not counted. and unrivaled legal expert bacon king has confirmed that i would be in the right.

Article I, Section 4 of the New Constitution states:
"Section 4. The right of citizens of the Republic of Atlasia to vote shall not be denied, except in regards to persons whose account is fewer than 168 hours old, or in consequence of failing to meet such requirements for activity as may be established by law."

The question then becomes whether the existing 7-day rule is an activity requirement.  I think there's a good arguement that it is, but it could go either way.  The provisions of current law also apply to the regional committee elections, so if the 7-day rule is an activity requirement, your vote is invalid.

Account could also be read to mean your Atlasia account, not your forum account.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »

i'd rather not argue in this thread, but either of those interpretations would be an enormous stretch, at best.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 04:26:31 PM »

I side with Evergreen's viewpoint, but like they said, let the courts decide!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 04:32:19 PM »

I've been informed by the Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention and it's chief architect that: "Per Article X, the Fourth Constitution will not take effect until after the seating of the new Congress; therefore, all regulations set in place by the Third Constitution remain valid."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »

also an enormous stretch. that may have been the intention, but it is not what the text itself says.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »

My first court case? Cheesy
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EST (1:00 EDT)! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EST Friday May 27 and ending 0:00 EST Monday May 30.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 10 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - TEN SEATS

[  ] 1184AZ of Washington
Labor Party

[  ] ClarkKent of Conneticut
Federalist Party

[  ] Classic Conservative of Texas
Federalist Party

[  ] cxs018 of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] darthebearnc of Wisconsin
Labor Party

[  ] Dkrolga of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] evergreen of Illinois
Independent Green

[  ] Haslam2020 of Tennessee
Federalist Party

[  ] JohanusCalvinusLibertas of Indiana
Federalist Party

[  ] NeverAgain of Virginia
Labor Party

[  ] Republitarian of Oregon
Federalist Party

[  ] rpryor03 of Hawai'i
Civic Renewal

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EST (1:00 EDT)! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EST Friday May 27 and ending 0:00 EST Monday May 30.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 10 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - TEN SEATS

[  ] 1184AZ of Washington
Labor Party

[  ] ClarkKent of Conneticut
Federalist Party

[  ] Classic Conservative of Texas
Federalist Party

[  ] cxs018 of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] darthebearnc of Wisconsin
Labor Party

[  ] Dkrolga of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] evergreen of Illinois
Independent Green

[  ] Haslam2020 of Tennessee
Federalist Party

[  ] JohanusCalvinusLibertas of Indiana
Federalist Party

[  ] NeverAgain of Virginia
Labor Party

[  ] Republitarian of Oregon
Federalist Party

[  ] rpryor03 of Hawai'i
Civic Renewal

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
Their are only 9 people elected for Congress
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »

You are right, my mistake. I'll fix it in the voting booth thread.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »

I recognize my vote as invalid and would not join evergreen in a judicial challenge.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 08:40:56 PM »

Just to be clear, is my vote for Regional Committeeman being cast out/invalid for quoting Enduro's?

I meant to use his as a reference, as the OP is rather long, and then after the twenty minutes rule was up I realized I forgot to delete it afterwards.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »

Just to be clear, is my vote for Regional Committeeman being cast out/invalid for quoting Enduro's?

I meant to use his as a reference, as the OP is rather long, and then after the twenty minutes rule was up I realized I forgot to delete it afterwards.
I'm no expert, but I believe this sort of thing has happened in the past and the vote has been counted.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »

I'm OK with that, Kingpoleon.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 09:41:48 AM »

As there were five seats in the west with five candidates, I declare the Western Regional Committee to be, in no particular order: 1184AZ, LumineVonReuental, Rpryor03, Republitarian, tedbessell.

As there were seven seats in the north with seven candidates, I declare the Northern Regional Committee to be, in no particular order: Blair2015, cinyc, darthebearnc, evergreen, Harry S Truman, Kingpoleon, RGN08.

The following votes were declared invalid: evergreen, dkrol.

I, Rpryor03, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »

NEVERAGAIN is elected Southern Committeeman.
NORTH CAROLINA YANKEE is elected Southern Committeeman.
TMTHFORU94 is elected Southern Committeeman.
LEINAD is elected Southern Committeeman.
ADAM GRIFFIN is elected Southern Committeeman.

The following vote was declared invalid: ModerateVAVoter.

I, Rpryor03, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »

What's the deadline for the Senate elections?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies