UT-Dan Jones & Associates: Trump-Clinton Tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:30:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  UT-Dan Jones & Associates: Trump-Clinton Tied
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: UT-Dan Jones & Associates: Trump-Clinton Tied  (Read 4006 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »

He may be an alcoholic or a diabetic, for all I know. By "alcoholic" I here mean the AA use -- that some people are born alcoholic because of their metabolism, and that alcoholics who give up drinking are still alcoholics who simply are not drinking at the time.

This is the dumbest post I've read this week, and Shadows has posted here.

Why is it so dumb? Would I judge someone for being a diabetic or for having a metabolic problem with liquor?

That was speculation on my part, and I avoid malign speculation. Rejecting hard drink because one can't handle liquor  is reasonable and even admirable.

This has nothing to do with alcoholism! Some people don't drink as you say! Trump has spoken at length about it! He never had it ever. His brother died from abusing mind-altering substances.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2016, 04:20:43 PM by Zioneer »

38% statewide would probably mean that UT-4 would turn blue and boot Mia Love down ballot. If Democrats could gain some good footing in Salt Lake County that they could possibly make stick in the future, that would great

That's the plan. We want to make sure Mia Love loses, and to take back several legislative seats we lost in 2014. After that, there's a few more seats that are winnable. Our long-therm plan is to break the super-majority and turn it into a regular majority.

EDIT: As for my alcohol shilling remark, whether or not he personally drinks, as I understand it, he's done commercials and such in support of some alcohol beverages. Mormons might not like that, was my point.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »

38% statewide would probably mean that UT-4 would turn blue and boot Mia Love down ballot. If Democrats could gain some good footing in Salt Lake County that they could possibly make stick in the future, that would great

That's the plan. We want to make sure Mia Love loses, and to take back several legislative seats we lost in 2014. After that, there's a few more seats that are winnable. Our long-therm plan is to break the super-majority and turn it into a regular majority.

EDIT: As for my alcohol shilling remark, whether or not he personally drinks, as I understand it, he's done commercials and such in support of some alcohol beverages. Mormons might not like that, was my point.

A teetotaler who pushes alcoholic beverages is a hypocrite.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 07:28:56 PM »

A teetotaler who pushes alcoholic beverages is a hypocrite.
Not necessarily, though.  Perhaps the alcohol pusher simply reacts badly to alcohol, but knows other people have better reactions.  Still, I think this issue will definitely not help Trump with Mormons.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 10:52:32 PM »

Funny, but some undecided Republicans will end up voting for Trump after all is said and done.

But the swing/trend would be enormous with Trump.

The trend in Utah from Romney 2012 to Trump 2016 could be the largest gap in any state in many decades.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »

Remember when Atlas told me to stop calling UT "super elastic" just because of one poll?(Even though I remembered similar ones from the fall/winter)

I will now accept my accolades.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 06:15:25 AM »

Remember when Atlas told me to stop calling UT "super elastic" just because of one poll?(Even though I remembered similar ones from the fall/winter)

I will now accept my accolades.

It's the same pollster.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies