Who will you be voting for in the General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:06:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who will you be voting for in the General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will you support?
Ted Cruz
Hillary Clinton
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who will you be voting for in the General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton.  (Read 2621 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 04:36:15 AM »

Says a lot more about Hillary than me.

If she wouldn't have taken her pathetic lurch to the left this primary season, I'd have considered it.
I disagree, it says a lot about you. You're a hypocrit.
You constantly whine about how extremist your base is and now you're just going to support the worst of them.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 06:32:55 AM »

Hillary.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 07:33:04 AM »

If she wouldn't have taken her pathetic lurch to the left this primary season, I'd have considered it.
You constantly whine about how extremist your base is and now you're just going to support the worst of them.

Disliking extremists in the Republican base in no way excuses the ones in the Democratic base...?  Whether you choose to accept it or not, the liberal base of the Democratic Party has dragged Hillary decidedly to the left, and she's gone more than willingly in a desperate attempt to avoid choke 2.0.  Hillary is much closer to Sanders on economic issues than she is a moderate Republican, with her main "difference" being tag lines and campaign slogans that Bernie conjures up about things her husband did or some stylistic difference, and I'm not going to vote for those kinds of policies.  Despite the delusion of some on Atlas, neither Cruz nor Hillary are anything resembling a centrist.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »

It's nice the moderates won't vote third party...
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »

Third party, preferably McAfee.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »

Hillary, most unenthusiastically.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »

I know this isn't how you're "supposed to" think about it, but if I still lived in IL ... I'd vote third party for sure.  Heck, I still might!  However, being in Iowa, things are usually pretty tight.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »

I know this isn't how you're "supposed to" think about it, but if I still lived in IL ... I'd vote third party for sure.  Heck, I still might!  However, being in Iowa, things are usually pretty tight.

I kind of have a similar view. If forced to pick, my preference would probably go something like Cruz>Hillary>Sanders>Trump, but unless I happen to live in a battleground state come election time, I will most likely vote libertarian over any of them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 09:23:50 AM »

Clinton, Cruz is literally the worst.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »

Disliking extremists in the Republican base in no way excuses the ones in the Democratic base...?  Whether you choose to accept it or not, the liberal base of the Democratic Party has dragged Hillary decidedly to the left, and she's gone more than willingly in a desperate attempt to avoid choke 2.0.  Hillary is much closer to Sanders on economic issues than she is a moderate Republican, with her main "difference" being tag lines and campaign slogans that Bernie conjures up about things her husband did or some stylistic difference, and I'm not going to vote for those kinds of policies.  Despite the delusion of some on Atlas, neither Cruz nor Hillary are anything resembling a centrist.
Did I say she was centrist?

No, she's clearly on the left, was more to the left than Obama and Biden when they were all senators.

In a Cruz-Clinton match up, I simply didn't expect you to choose any of them. Cruz is literally a nut you see,...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »

No, she's clearly on the left, was more to the left than Obama and Biden when they were all senators.

In a Cruz-Clinton match up, I simply didn't expect you to choose any of them. Cruz is literally a nut you see,...
I think most of us on this website are too stubborn to simply not vote. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »

I think most of us on this website are too stubborn to simply not vote. Tongue

Yep.  And honestly, a President Cruz who's already achieved the office of POTUS that has to deal with a much more rational (it's all relative!) Republican Congress will likely only be able to ram through a tax cut or two and maybe escalated fighting of ISIS.  Good...
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 02:23:17 PM »

Clinton
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »

Madame Dear Leader
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 03:58:24 PM »

I kind of have a similar view. If forced to pick, my preference would probably go something like Cruz>Hillary>Sanders>Trump, but unless I happen to live in a battleground state come election time, I will most likely vote libertarian over any of them.

@RINO Tom:
I don't care how you vote. I don't believe in having a way others are "supposed" to think. Most moderates/non-mainline of the party probably agree. I know for me personally, I can't imagine voting against my principles. I do remember you complained about your parents not voting third party if Trump's the nominee. I do know that if the cause of centrism is ever to succeed, we can't be willing to carry a party on our backs no matter if we disagree with it on most issues.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies