TAJ polls - Do you approve of the ISIS storyline?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TAJ polls - Do you approve of the ISIS storyline?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you approve of the recent storyline involving ISIS?
Yes
No
Not Sure
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TAJ polls - Do you approve of the ISIS storyline?  (Read 309 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »

For future storyline references, please include your opinion in the comments.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

First of all, I must agree with President Griffin and Senator Yankee: no government official or private citizen has the right to challenge the veracity of the Game Moderator's reports. Doing so is highly selective, often partisan in nature, and completely undermines the purpose of having a GM. People need to understand that the law is the law and that they don't get the final word on everything.

Going forward, I would suggest that you be careful not to exaggerate when it comes to statistics or oversimplify complex religious beliefs - for example, I felt the number of Muslims calling for Sharia Law was not believable. Keep in mind that most of the drama that real-life politicians have to deal with is not normally the stuff of action flicks. A more subtle event (like the problems with the Mideast V.A. that you reported a while back) are more realistic and - better still - create a link between policy and its effects in the outside world, which is often lacking in a game like this.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »

First of all, I must agree with President Griffin and Senator Yankee: no government official or private citizen has the right to challenge the veracity of the Game Moderator's reports. Doing so is highly selective, often partisan in nature, and completely undermines the purpose of having a GM. People need to understand that the law is the law and that they don't get the final word on everything.

Going forward, I would suggest that you be careful not to exaggerate when it comes to statistics or oversimplify complex religious beliefs - for example, I felt the number of Muslims calling for Sharia Law was not believable. Keep in mind that most of the drama that real-life politicians have to deal with is not normally the stuff of action flicks. A more subtle event (like the problems with the Mideast V.A. that you reported a while back) are more realistic and - better still - create a link between policy and its effects in the outside world, which is often lacking in a game like this.

Basically this. You've done a fantastic job. There was just some stuff during this period that seemed a little unrealistic, and sometimes we forget how well you've done on the whole and instead focus on a meager handful of faults. Keep up the good work!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »

I agree. I am glad that it happened to create a stur, as the goal of GM is to create problems and situations for us to deal with. You did a good job, but I would hope that next time the results are a little more specific in your results, but that is luckily an easily fixable situation.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:57 PM »

What the others said. And I'll also add that you're the most active GM since Kalwejt, and obviously basically any GM is better than our old friend "vacant."
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:43:17 AM »

What the others said. And I'll also add that you're the most active GM since Kalwejt, and obviously basically any GM is better than our old friend "vacant."

Hey, what's wrong with mah old friend "Vacant"? Angry

#Vacant4Prez
#VacantLivesMatter
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies