Democratic New York Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic New York Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Author Topic: Democratic New York Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)  (Read 25500 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: April 19, 2016, 09:53:13 PM »

more speeches like this and she'll easily get my support in November.

Yes please, we will need every vote we can get.

Hillary does, and this is why Clinton supporters who attack Sanders and his supporters should think twice. Hillary's not winning without Sanders supporters. She won't have to work for my vote, but it's clear that there are some Democratic voters and Democratic-leaning Independents who aren't sold on her yet.

Might be good if the campaign stops floating these convention shenanigans... What the candidate does matters, and Sanders whole approach needs to change, this is not just about Clinton.  

Sanders isn't going to take it to the convention if he loses the pledged delegate count, he's already said as much. He's not going to tell his committed supporters in states like CA that it's over before they have a chance to vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #351 on: April 19, 2016, 09:53:28 PM »

OK yeah, Weaver is full of sh*t. Hope Bernie will have the sense to shut him down when he will need to.

He's just doing his job. Sanders is back in Burlington tonight to regroup and he called to congratulate Clinton on her victory (something that both sides haven't been doing that often this campaign). Hopefully he knows that scorched earth is NOT the way to go.  

He's full of sh*t anyway. They're going to concede after CA (or maybe DC.) Everyone was saying Hillary would take it to the convention in 08 too.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »

Wow... TYT is in full freak out mode. Now they have Dore and some rando freaking out about "corruption" and how women need to be more "intersectional"

Hacks

TYT hackery this election cycle has been hilarious. They are literally doing everything they complain that Fox News does.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2016, 09:57:05 PM »

Wow... TYT is in full freak out mode. Now they have Dore and some rando freaking out about "corruption" and how women need to be more "intersectional"

Hacks

TYT hackery this election cycle has been hilarious. They are literally doing everything they complain that Fox News does.

The hilarious thing is they have the nerve to call the likes of CNN (Clinton News Network according to them) biased.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2016, 09:57:15 PM »

Hillary does, and this is why Clinton supporters who attack Sanders and his supporters should think twice. Hillary's not winning without Sanders supporters. She won't have to work for my vote, but it's clear that there are some Democratic voters and Democratic-leaning Independents who aren't sold on her yet.

Might be good if the campaign stops floating these convention shenanigans... What the candidate does matters, and Sanders whole approach needs to change, this is not just about Clinton.  

Sanders isn't going to take it to the convention if he loses the pledged delegate count, he's already said as much. He's not going to tell his committed supporters in states like CA that it's over before they have a chance to vote.

That wasn't the only example - but unity after this is as much down to Sanders as it is to Clinton. He needs to stop going negative on Clinton, and focus on his message and his positive tone. He can do well without needing to tear her down. He needs to send the message to his supporters once its clear, that Clinton is not only 'acceptable' and 'preferable' but his choice.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:12 PM »

OK yeah, Weaver is full of sh*t. Hope Bernie will have the sense to shut him down when he will need to.

He's just doing his job. Sanders is back in Burlington tonight to regroup and he called to congratulate Clinton on her victory (something that both sides haven't been doing that often this campaign). Hopefully he knows that scorched earth is NOT the way to go.  

He's full of sh*t anyway. They're going to concede after CA (or maybe DC.) Everyone was saying Hillary would take it to the convention in 08 too.

It's his job to be full of sh*t. I remember the current Governor of Virginia back in 08 being full of sh*t for Clinton in late May. It's part of the job description.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »

That wasn't the only example - but unity after this is as much down to Sanders as it is to Clinton. He needs to stop going negative on Clinton, and focus on his message and his positive tone. He can do well without needing to tear her down. He needs to send the message to his supporters once its clear, that Clinton is not only 'acceptable' and 'preferable' but his choice.

I have little doubt that Sanders will try to keep his supporters involved after this race is over. That's what his campaign has been all about. I agree that Sanders should stay positive as much as possible, though that applies to Clinton and her supporters as well.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »

Hillary pulls ahead in Erie county.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:52 PM »

If they vote for Trump or not at all then they're not the smartest and fall in-line with how they're acting.

One does not win an election by only winning the most intelligent voters. If too many of them vote for Trump/Cruz or stay home (more likely), Clinton will have a hard time winning.

Then they're not really progressive. Most of them just wouldn't vote instead of voting for someone else. Means they don't really care about the liberal cause if they'd rather have Trump win.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2016, 10:00:22 PM »

Agree 100%.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »

The only times I've been frustrated as a Bernie supporter were after Nevada, after SC, and on March 15. No reason to be frustrated here. We're doing fine. Bernie's voters will be a force to be reckoned with in the Democratic party's future.

Exactly, we are the future of the party.

Really liking this part about Sandy Hook here (an issue I strongly disagree with Sanders on), more speeches like this and she'll easily get my support in November.

Yes, you are. Now to get that energy/support in midterms/local elections.

Agreed, but I haven't missed an election since November 2010, even Spring elections! Then again I am an odd duck. Tongue

Kudos to you, friend! That's admirable. I missed the 2010 primary here because I forgot to mail my ballot Tongue haven't missed since
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »

That was expected, should be close either way.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »

If they vote for Trump or not at all then they're not the smartest and fall in-line with how they're acting.

One does not win an election by only winning the most intelligent voters. If too many of them vote for Trump/Cruz or stay home (more likely), Clinton will have a hard time winning.

Then they're not really progressive. Most of them just wouldn't vote instead of voting for someone else. Means they don't really care about the liberal cause if they'd rather have Trump win.

I mostly agree, but that doesn't change the fact that Clinton needs at least some of these voters.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best news of the night!
Zache

« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

this is interesting:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/722622510127308803
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:01 PM »

Ana Kasperian on TYT is losing her damn mind right now... every Democrat who prefers Clinton to Sanders is both a "farking moron" and need to acknowledge that she is "smarter than them"
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »

Ana Kasperian is losing her damn mind right now... every Democrat who prefers Clinton to Sanders is both a "ing moron" and need to acknowledge that she is "smarter than them"
Damn.  She was my favorite too back when I watched the show.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2016, 10:21:41 PM »

Ana Kasperian is losing her damn mind right now... every Democrat who prefers Clinton to Sanders is both a "ing moron" and need to acknowledge that she is "smarter than them"
You just liked her because... well, you know.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:56 PM »

You just liked her because... well, you know.
Yeah... this is very true.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:13 PM »

Hacks

The hilarious thing is they have the nerve to call the likes of CNN (Clinton News Network according to them) biased.

Yeah, it is pretty sad how far they have fallen the last couple of years.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »

It's his job to be full of sh*t. I remember the current Governor of Virginia back in 08 being full of sh*t for Clinton in late May. It's part of the job description.

Yes. It seems the person losing the race always have those.

Bernie has Weaver and "berniebros".
Hillary had McAuliffe and Hillary is 44 website, which was as worse, if not worse than berniebros.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »

It's look like it'll be around 58-42, whatever precincts that are left are majority in counties Clinton won 60%+ or close.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #372 on: April 19, 2016, 10:27:35 PM »

Hacks

But its "ok" because they are open about it...

Ana Kasperian on TYT is losing her damn mind right now... every Democrat who prefers Clinton to Sanders is both a "farking moron" and need to acknowledge that she is "smarter than them"

They realize that being whiny, b*tchy a**holes about this doesn't help progressives at all. They should take a lesson in civility from the Atlas Bernie supporters who are gracious in defeat.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #373 on: April 19, 2016, 10:27:45 PM »

I was just watching that. I'm curious, she works in media, right? So when she talks about being "better educated" on the issues, is she referring to her extensive background in policy analysis, or reading the exact same news articles that come across our Facebook feeds everyday? Seriously, I don't claim to be more policy-fluent on every issue than her, but I'd debate her on foreign policy and Hillary's strengths there relative to Bernie any day.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »

Sanders beat Trump in raw vote! Woot-woot!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies