Against All Odds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Against All Odds
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Against All Odds  (Read 794 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
« edited: April 19, 2016, 10:31:54 AM by Lt. Governor Smith (Labor-MA) »

Breaking News! Sanders, Kasich Win Respective Nominations
Ladies and gentlemen, it is official. This election will be between Bernie Sanders and John Kasich.

Both candidates were originally considered dark horses for their nominations, but they managed to pull ahead. After Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren declined to run, the Democratic nomination became a two-way race between Sanders and Joe Biden. Although it took a while, Sanders managed to win the nomination.

Meanwhile, John Kasich benefited heavily after fellow establishment swing-state governor Jeb Bush dropped out of the race after Iowa, leaving Kasich as the leading establishment candidate. Kasich easily defeated Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee for the nomination.

Current polls show Sanders with a very slight lead over Kasich, although that will likely change.
NOT gonna be banned soon
Golfman76
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »

Keep it up
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »

Swing State Maps (pre-running mate selection):

Sanders 197
Kasich 224
Tossup 117
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »

Vice Presidential Picks Announced

"Hello, Philadelphians! I am proud to announce my vice presidential pick. He has always stood up for the 99 percent, given his state amazing service in the Senate. Once again, I am proud to announce that my running mate will be Senator Jeff Merkley!"

"I'm happy to be back in my home state. I promise that my pick will appeal to all Republicans. He is supported by the establishment, the Tea Party, moderates, conservatives, every member of the Grand Old Party. Ladies and gentlemen, I will, today, be announcing my running mate, Senator Marco Rubio!"

Swing State Map (August 1, 2016):

msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »

This is probably the best case scenario for this election, please do keep it up
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »

August News:

Minority Voters Moving Towards Kasich

After John McCain and Mitt Romney failed at winning enough votes from non-white voters to win the election, John Kasich has made it his first priority to try to increase the Republican share of the minority vote, and so far, he seems to be doing a good job at it. Recent polls have shown that Kasich is gaining more and more minority voters. However, his percentage of the white vote is falling. It's unclear whether these trends are related or not.

Political Analysts: Turnout Likely To Be Low

According to a number of political analysts, the turnout in 2016 will likely fall from 2012. It is unknown what the reason for this is, but many voters seem to be uninterested in the election, claiming that neither candidate is particularly charismatic or interesting. There has not been any incident that has truly caused a news circus yet, aside from Donald Trump threatening to run for president once again. Those threats seem to have been empty, however, as Trump never announced a campaign.

Swing State Map (September 1, 2016):

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies