VP Biden: US Feels Overwhelming Frustration with Israeli Government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:10:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  VP Biden: US Feels Overwhelming Frustration with Israeli Government
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VP Biden: US Feels Overwhelming Frustration with Israeli Government  (Read 1972 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »

He does it again:

Joe Biden: U.S. Feels ‘Overwhelming Frustration’ With Israeli Government
“The trust that is necessary to take risks for peace is fractured on both sides.”

04/19/2016 09:33 am ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »

(...) “There is at the moment no political will that I observed among Israelis or Palestinians to move forward with serious negotiations,” Biden said, “The trust that is necessary to take risks for peace is fractured on both sides.”
[/quote]

Do someone really disagree with that assessment?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »

(...) “There is at the moment no political will that I observed among Israelis or Palestinians to move forward with serious negotiations,” Biden said, “The trust that is necessary to take risks for peace is fractured on both sides.”
Do someone really disagree with that assessment?

Apparently enough people do that the White House felt it necessary to defend him.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »

Nice timing, Joe. Yep, it sure is Israeli "intransigence" causing the problem and not the other side blowing up buses.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »

Nice timing, Joe. Yep, it sure is Israeli "intransigence" causing the problem and not the other side blowing up buses.
I mean, have you ever wondered why they blow up buses? I'll give you a hint, the answer is in the first sentence.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:42:16 PM »

It's generally a safe bet that the occupying force is the one causing the problem, yes.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »

I mean, have you ever wondered why they blow up buses? I'll give you a hint, the answer is in the first sentence.

I don't care why they blow up buses any more than I care why Al Qaeda blows up skyscrapers or ISIS shoots up concert halls.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »

The fact that such remarks have become commonplace not just in the US, but from Western governments and electorates worldwide, should be a stinging rebuke of Bibi's competence as a leader.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:26 PM »

Frankly, if it were anyone but Netanyahu or maybe the Jewish Home party in charge, the US and a lot of other nations would have a much warmer relationship with the Israeli government. Netanyahu himself and his acolytes are not earning themselves any friends.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 11:11:27 PM »

Frankly, if it were anyone but Netanyahu or maybe the Jewish Home party in charge, the US and a lot of other nations would have a much warmer relationship with the Israeli government. Netanyahu himself and his acolytes are not earning themselves any friends.

Oh, undoubtedly. The man is prickly and confrontational, and has needlessly raised the temperature in the room quite a few times. But a lot of the conflict is also due to the Obama administration's unilaterally imposed policy changes on what constitutes settlements that aren't to be built in, and their acceptance of a settlement freeze as a condition for negotiation as opposed to a result of it. I imagine many Labor governments would have suddenly become militant hard-liners under those policies.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 12:14:38 AM »

An unhealthy mixture of anti-Semitism and several generations of internalized propaganda? It wasn't in the first sentence.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 12:15:35 AM »

Hillary is pro Likud, though.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 12:33:21 AM »

Well, duh, I'm sure occupying Palestine and conquering new lands, and not looking for peace would be frustrating.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 04:10:38 AM »

Oh, undoubtedly. The man is prickly and confrontational, and has needlessly raised the temperature in the room quite a few times. But a lot of the conflict is also due to the Obama administration's unilaterally imposed policy changes on what constitutes settlements that aren't to be built in, and their acceptance of a settlement freeze as a condition for negotiation as opposed to a result of it. I imagine many Labor governments would have suddenly become militant hard-liners under those policies.

How about don't build settlements in land that isn't considered to be legally yours by over half the world?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 06:51:04 AM »

How about don't build settlements in land that isn't considered to be legally yours by over half the world?

How about don't exterminate a third of an entire ethnic group as the culmination of thousands of years of murder, and then act like their border policies justify murdering more?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 07:10:41 AM »

Frustrated yet unwilling to take even a single action against the current Bibi regime...yeah yeah
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »

I like how the anti-Zionist think building a house where another party doesn't approve and blowing up a bus full of people are morally equal.  Really says a lot.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 07:52:24 AM »

Good for Joe! Also great to see the VP and Secretary of State are both going to speak at J-Street this year!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »

Biden is right.
Angel of Death
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »

Anyone believing a Hillary presidency would be fundamentally different on this than Obama's could be in for a rude awakening; the (very slow) change in attitude of the United States towards Israel is simply the result of reality dawning on them. I expect the taboo of a binational state in U.S. discourse to fall in a few years.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:13 AM »

I like how the anti-Zionist think building a house where another party doesn't approve and blowing up a bus full of people are morally equal.  Really says a lot.
No one says that it's "morally equal," we state that there are reasons other than simply blaming  anti-Semitism (is it a factor? Yes. The main one? No.)for the terrorism against the Israeli State and the land grabbing settlers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »

Why is it always the first thing anti-Zionists jump on when somebody mentions blowing up buses?  It's a horrible excuse for murder, but that's the only excuse we ever hear.  (well, we hear other excuses too, but those people are usually honest enough in their bigotry to admit it's just racism)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »

Why is it always the first thing anti-Zionists jump on when somebody mentions blowing up buses?  It's a horrible excuse for murder, but that's the only excuse we ever hear.  (well, we hear other excuses too, but those people are usually honest enough in their bigotry to admit it's just racism)
So the Israeli State can arrest and kill Palestinians but the Palestinians cannot fight back(regardless of the morality of the way they fight back)?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 08:40:02 AM »

Classy!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM »

So the Israeli State can arrest and kill Palestinians but the Palestinians cannot fight back(regardless of the morality of the way they fight back)?
Is that what I said?  Lemme check....no, I didn't even insinuate that.  WTF are you even talking about?  That was a weird turn even for a discussion on this topic.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies