Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:35:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump  (Read 5693 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »

That poll from Rasmussen though....
Desroko
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »

As others have posted, this forum has a hilarious pro-Hillary bias (it's almost on par with the Democrat Party-controlled websites, like "DU" and "DK"). It's worth looking back at the 2007 and early 2008 posts here. The Hillary hacks were convinced that she'd easily win the Democrats nomination, but then Obama came along and crushed her. Then this year they predicted that Sanders would only win one state, lol. Trump is going to crush her in November.
[/b]

I wouldn't say that much.   Posters on here are gone bat Sh#$ crazy with overrating Hillary though.  If Trump can add discipline to his campaign while still maintain the "tell it like it is" meme he could really win this thing.  

Well, I can tell you for sure that my views on November revolve around Trump being extraordinarily weak and vulnerable, not Hillary being strong. I would like to believe there are at least a handful of users here that share a similar opinion. I invest a lot of attention in the data, and it is absolutely terrible for Trump, so I am just being practical about it.

Though, ironically, I tend to say the same thing about Trump supporters or even Trump dreamers here: You are overrating Trump and overlooking serious deficiencies, writing off his constant offensive gaffes, flip-flops and lies as if they does not mean anything to anybody. In addition to that, some people here also underestimate how difficult winning is when you unite and energize 30% (minorities) of the electorate against you right off the bat.

Not to mention that we have historical evidence for what happens when a party nominates a figure that its elites find unpalatable.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »

. . . Which has always had a fairly significant GOP bias?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »

I've noticed Republicans/Conservatives cry foul when a poll doesn't favor them.

Obama's beating Romney: It's clearly a liberal media fabrication.

Romney's beating Obama: Here come the GOP trash talkers.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »

As others have posted, this forum has a hilarious pro-Hillary bias (it's almost on par with the Democrat Party-controlled websites, like "DU" and "DK"). It's worth looking back at the 2007 and early 2008 posts here. The Hillary hacks were convinced that she'd easily win the Democrats nomination, but then Obama came along and crushed her. Then this year they predicted that Sanders would only win one state, lol. Trump is going to crush her in November.
[/b]

I wouldn't say that much.   Posters on here are gone bat Sh#$ crazy with overrating Hillary though.  If Trump can add discipline to his campaign while still maintain the "tell it like it is" meme he could really win this thing.   

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but even now, I cannot believe that the idea of Trump "telling it like it is" will survive six more months of his compulsive lying and self-contradiction.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2016, 01:52:18 PM »

[/b]

I wouldn't say that much.   Posters on here are gone bat Sh#$ crazy with overrating Hillary though.  If Trump can add discipline to his campaign while still maintain the "tell it like it is" meme he could really win this thing.  

Well, I can tell you for sure that my views on November revolve around Trump being extraordinarily weak and vulnerable, not Hillary being strong. I would like to believe there are at least a handful of users here that share a similar opinion. I invest a lot of attention in the data, and it is absolutely terrible for Trump, so I am just being practical about it.

Though, ironically, I tend to say the same thing about Trump supporters or even Trump dreamers here: You are overrating Trump and overlooking serious deficiencies, writing off his constant offensive gaffes, flip-flops and lies as if they does not mean anything to anybody. In addition to that, some people here also underestimate how difficult winning is when you unite and energize 30% (minorities) of the electorate against you right off the bat.

I just wish that everyone would recognize the serious deficiencies of their candidate (writing off constant offensive gaffes, flip-flops and lies), whether that candidate is Trump or Clinton (or Sanders or Cruz, for that matter). If you believe the candidate you support is without fault, you're merely a political hack.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »

I just wish that everyone would recognize the serious deficiencies of their candidate (writing off constant offensive gaffes, flip-flops and lies), whether that candidate is Trump or Clinton (or Sanders or Cruz, for that matter). If you believe the candidate you support is without fault, you're merely a political hack.

Right, I agree. I don't know if you were directing that at me, but I did mention in that post that I don't see Hillary as a strong candidate, which is a very, very polite way of saying I think she has (major) vulnerabilities and deficiencies of her own. I just believe Trump's are far, far worse, and sometimes for different reasons.
diskymike44

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »

Bump
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »

General election mode: ACTIVATE
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 08:01:09 PM »

Sad Please God don't let him win.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2016, 08:08:49 PM »

Why not? He is the most liberal GOP nominee since Nixon.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11:55 PM »

And the most dangerous since Goldwater.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »

Fascists are liberal.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »

And the most competent since Ford.

Btw; I'd say Nixon and Ford are about equal moderate/liberal.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »

If the election was tonight?
75% chance of Clinton
25% chance of Trump
By the end of the season?
55% chance of Clinton
45% chance of Trump
diskymike44

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »

Don't panic about the polls, because The Trumpster is just getting his nomination bounce and both Hillary and Trump haven't polled above 45%. The high level of undecideds are Bernie supporters who will flock to Hillary after she wins the nomination where she gets a bounce. So don't panic. At this time in 2008 Clinton lead McCain while Obama was trailing him. I remember thinking "thanks Obama, you just handed the White House to McCain" lol.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »

If the election was tonight?
100% chance of Clinton
0% chance of Trump
By the end of the season?
99.9% chance of Clinton
.1% chance of Trump

FIFY