Is Hillary finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:20:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Hillary finished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Is Hillary finished?  (Read 6210 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2016, 07:41:55 PM »

Clinton supporters know that she hasn't won this yet, otherwise why are they bothering to vote.

Sanders supporters know that he would do better than Clinton in the general election.

Sanders would do so well, that Clinton wont pick him as a Veep;

What is this logic?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »

I turned on Fox news and they had a map that showed Trump beating Clinton. (although I think Sanders would do better, I do strongly believe that Clinton would beat Trump as well, of course)
Talk about being unrealistic. They never give up do they? The map had Trump winning Wisconsin and Michigan and a few swing states. LOL
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »

Btw, even your post is too pessimistic. Hillary is the one with the huge delegate lead, she doesn't really need to win anything at this point. She could lose every remaining state (provided the margins in NY/CA/PA etc. aren't ludicrous) and still win the nomination.

I'm 28. As a Democrat that followed politics quite early, you learn to be very cautiously optimistic (what some would call pessimism). If the early 2000s is where you became politically aware, it's almost in your DNA to be that way. I don't take anything for granted. I believe firmly in the principle that you always fight like you're 10 points down. The aura of inevitability works against you in a Democratic primary. If she wants to win, she will have to fight for Wisconsin and the Northeastern states thereafter (whether she's favoured or not). Hillary is at her best when she's fighting from behind. She's not behind right now, but she needs to fight like she is.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »

Btw, even your post is too pessimistic. Hillary is the one with the huge delegate lead, she doesn't really need to win anything at this point. She could lose every remaining state (provided the margins in NY/CA/PA etc. aren't ludicrous) and still win the nomination.

I'm 28. As a Democrat that followed politics quite early, you learn to be very cautiously optimistic (what some would call pessimism). If the early 2000s is where you became politically aware, it's almost in your DNA to be that way. I don't take anything for granted. I believe firmly in the principle that you always fight like you're 10 points down. The aura of inevitability works against you in a Democratic primary. If she wants to win, she will have to fight for Wisconsin and the Northeastern states thereafter (whether she's favoured or not). Hillary is at her best when she's fighting from behind. She's not behind right now, but she needs to fight like she is.

I'm not saying Hillary should go on vacation for 3 months or anything (though she might still win even if she did, lol.) But the fact of the matter is, just based on math, the onus is not on her at all anymore. It's all on Bernie to make up a ~230-240 deficit.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2016, 10:04:58 PM »

I'm not saying Hillary should go on vacation for 3 months or anything (though she might still win even if she did, lol.) But the fact of the matter is, just based on math, the onus is not on her at all anymore. It's all on Bernie to make up a ~230-240 deficit.

You're right, of course. For the most part, she's winning where she won in 2008, but this time she's winning the minority vote (particularly the black vote) by a landslide. We'll see what happens in Wisconsin. Michigan makes me too uncomfortable to totally trust Wisconsin polls (even though she won all of the March 15 primaries). It feels like the kind of state that could defy polls like that. I do think it's fair to say that if she somehow loses New York (or wins by a very close margin), it's time to sound the alarm in the Clinton campaign that something is very wrong. I'm not saying that's likely, but contingency plans are always necessary. I'd rather have a comfortable lead going into June, just in case certain states decide to stray from expected results.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »

I'm sure someone will rebump this thread after NY, whether it's a tie or a Clintonslide.

Wink
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »

Yep, only the FBI can get her to lose now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies