Christians: Most influential person in your faith? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:16:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Christians: Most influential person in your faith? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christians: Most influential person in your faith?  (Read 3724 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« on: April 20, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »

For and only for Atlas Christians, what historical person since Jesus' death has had the largest impact on the beliefs you have today? Was it an apostle? A saint? A founder of a church or someone who sparked a movement? A pope? Who was it and roughly why do you think that?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:28 AM »

Does it even have to be someone who's Christian, or someone known primarily as a Christian leader?

For example, there's Gandhi, who wasn't Christian but has influenced many Christians, including, Martin Luther King... who was a minister but is known much more for his civil rights work.

That's a fair answer if his teachings have helped form your Christian beliefs.

I don't typically think in terms of particular people when thinking about my faith. If pressed, I'd pick Martin Luther despite his many faults and my many points of difference with his beliefs.

Yeah its fair enough to say that you shouldn't have to hallow a certain person, but there is no doubt that you would have the faith you have today without the influence of many people since Jesus' death.

For this thread yeah.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »

Well, of course him too; he was my second choice. Shouldn't have made it so 'obvious'. Both are pretty critical to the spread, but I guess the predecessor set the wheels in motion for the latter even though the latter was part of the faith's definition.

Eastern Orthodox Christians?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies