Opinion of the #BernieorBust movement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:07:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of the #BernieorBust movement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of the #BernieorBust movement
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Opinion of the #BernieorBust movement  (Read 1436 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:03:01 AM »

I have to admit as much as I can't stand Hillary I find it a tad disturbing that I've seen some of them saying that they'd vote for Trump.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:03:45 AM »

Give them six months and it will be like he was never there.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:05:16 AM »

five "HP" votes in less then a minute. That was pretty damn quick.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 12:06:53 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2016, 12:12:20 AM by Virginia »

I went rambling on about this the other day. I'll requote:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Simply put, it's stupid.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 12:08:03 AM »

Yeah, some of us are old enough to remember the PUMAs. Give them one month of constant exposure to nominee Trump or nominee Cruz and they'll come running into Hillary's arms. The same function Sarah Palin performed for Obama.
Desroko
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/06/exit-polls-half-of-clintons-supporters-wont-back-obama/

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »

Extreme HP.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 12:09:40 AM »

Huge fan since a significant number will actually follow through thanks to being severely delusional.

I can't wait for Trump to go on ad infinitum about the Wall Street transcripts. (I think she may release it to shut him up, but the bros may still be attracted to him bringing her to submission)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 12:11:20 AM »

Need to be brought to heel.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 12:12:05 AM »

I'd vote for Trump over Clinton, but vote for Clinton over Kasich or god-forbid Cruz. Anyway, most of these x candidate or bust, is ridiculous and petty so HP.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 12:12:33 AM »

This.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 12:13:51 AM »

Yeah, some of us are old enough to remember the PUMAs. Give them one month of constant exposure to nominee Trump or nominee Cruz and they'll come running into Hillary's arms. The same function Sarah Palin performed for Obama.

Yeah, at least in 2008 McCain was a reasonably moderate and likable GOP candidate.  Democrats had had a soft spot for him for years, it was easy to see where a crossover might happen.  He and Hillary were really good friends personally as well.  Palin destroyed a lot of that -- moderate dems could vote for McCain but never Palin.

Nobody's going to vote for Cruz or Trump, that's for sure.  Trump might get some street cred because of his outsider style, but once it becomes an issues election they'll slide back to Hillary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:43 AM »

Yeah, at least in 2008 McCain was a reasonably moderate and likable GOP candidate.  Democrats had had a soft spot for him for years, it was easy to see where a crossover might happen.  He and Hillary were really good friends personally as well.  Palin destroyed a lot of that -- moderate dems could vote for McCain but never Palin.

Nobody's going to vote for Cruz or Trump, that's for sure.  Trump might get some street cred because of his outsider style, but once it becomes an issues election they'll slide back to Hillary.

I never was a PUMA, but I did frequent forums and other sites that had a lot of them back in 08. A lot of them drifted back, if reluctantly, into Obama's corner after a few months and feelings cooling down, some after Hillary's DNC speech, and some after the economic collapse. But Palin exposing her stupidity to the world is when I remember the true avalanche.

Of course, there's going to be isolated individuals and pockets that stick with it. There will probably be a decent amount in Vermont for instance, like there was in Arkansas. r/sandersforpresident will probably become their version of Hillaryis44. But ultimately the vast majority will make the intelligent choice once they're in a more logical state of mind.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 12:27:02 AM »

I have to admit as much as I can't stand Hillary I find it a tad disturbing that I've seen some of them saying that they'd vote for Trump.

Me too.  But I think the Bernie or Bust movement is greatly exaggerated. 
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 12:28:28 AM »

I never was a PUMA, but I did frequent forums and other sites that had a lot of them back in 08. A lot of them drifted back, if reluctantly, into Obama's corner after a few months and feelings cooling down, some after Hillary's DNC speech, and some after the economic collapse. But Palin exposing her stupidity to the world is when I remember the true avalanche.

Of course, there's going to be isolated individuals and pockets that stick with it. There will probably be a decent amount in Vermont for instance, like there was in Arkansas. r/sandersforpresident will probably become their version of Hillaryis44. But ultimately the vast majority will make the intelligent choice once they're in a more logical state of mind.

I think I vaguely remember reading about early in the general election some PUMA's holding a meeting with a McCain campaign advisor and offering their support in exchange for his moderating the party's platform on abortion lol.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 12:38:52 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2016, 01:01:13 AM by nicholas.slaydon »

#BernieOrBust! I would never vote for ANYONE who voted for the Iraq War, The USA Patriot Act, anyone who takes money from corporate donors, lobbies for free trade deals, authored the Libyan Intervention, The Syrian Intervention, anyone who gave weapons deals to the Wahhabi Terror State that is Saudi Arabia, lobbies for fracking, anyone who refuses to call out Benjamin Netanyahu on his Gaza Strip Slaughter and anyone who supported The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act. That includes Hillary Clinton. I would stay at home and not vote at all.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 12:50:52 AM »

#BernieOrBust! I would never vote for ANYONE who voted fro the Iraq War, The USA Patriot Act, anyone who takes money from corporate donors, lobbies for free trade deals, authored the Libyan Intervention, The Syrian Intervention, anyone who gave weapons deals to the Wahhabi Terror State that is Saudi Arabia, lobbies for fracking, anyone who refuses to call out Benjamin Netanyahu on his Gaza Strip Slaughter and anyone who supported The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act. That includes Hillary Clinton. I would stay at home and not vote at all.

Lmaooo. I hope all Bernie-bots stay home in november.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 12:53:36 AM »

Obviously HP, and it gives Sanders supporters a bad rep.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »

A bunch of spoiled trust-fund kids and wacko lefties like Susan Sarandon and jfern.
It's because of people like these that liberal became a dirty word and the Democrats languished in the political wilderness for 40 years.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:16 AM »

Simply put, it's stupid.

Hillary is terrible on basically every issue I care about. She's OK on abortion, I guess.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 01:24:08 AM »

A bunch of spoiled trust-fund kids and wacko lefties like Susan Sarandon and jfern.
It's because of people like these that liberal became a dirty word and the Democrats languished in the political wilderness for 40 years.

LOL, I never thought I'd see jfern and Susan Sarandon lumped into the same group. Atlas truly is a magical place.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 01:27:10 AM »

Simply put, it's stupid.

Hillary is terrible on basically every issue I care about. She's OK on abortion, I guess.

You must not care about any actual issues then
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »

This whole mess is getting so f[inks]ing stupid.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 01:32:29 AM »

Simply put, it's stupid.

You must not care about any actual issues then

Issues stated above.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:33 AM »

I mean, almost all of the issues you stated also apply to Obama, so I have to assume you didn't vote for him either. Why exactly should we care about your vote?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies