Trump: RNC Platform Should be Modified to Allow Abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: RNC Platform Should be Modified to Allow Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump: RNC Platform Should be Modified to Allow Abortion  (Read 947 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »

... in cases of rape. How is that insane?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 03:25:26 PM »

What is it with Trump actually being decent today?

Cruz is looking more and more like the crazy candidate.

You see, this is what I'm worried about with Trump in the fall.

Somewhat agree, but there is just so many clips from this primary and prior that could be pounded against him.

You beat me to it, haha.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 03:27:19 PM »

Good, it's time to take back the party from the Christian Conservative fundie crowd.

I could never in good conscience vote for anyone who wasn't pro-life.  If the Republicans were to ditch conservative values, they lose voters like me to some third party.

Hard truth: Roe v. Wade is never, ever going to be overturned, even if Ted Cruz somehow becomes president. The modern 'moral majority' in your country, if it can be said to exist, is pro-life with exceptions. Given the practical choice between Trump and Hillary "abortions up to and including the day of delivery" Clinton, I think we both know how you're going to vote in November.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »

... in cases of rape. How is that insane?

It's the Republican Party, you see.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »

Good, it's time to take back the party from the Christian Conservative fundie crowd.

I could never in good conscience vote for anyone who wasn't pro-life.  If the Republicans were to ditch conservative values, they lose voters like me to some third party.

Hard truth: Roe v. Wade is never, ever going to be overturned, even if Ted Cruz somehow becomes president. The modern 'moral majority' in your country, if it can be said to exist, is pro-life with exceptions. Given the practical choice between Trump and Hillary "abortions up to and including the day of delivery" Clinton, I think we both know how you're going to vote in November.

This is operating under the assumption that everyone will vote on one issue and that Trump's other stances and statements won't cancel out that advantage. He's pretty much dead in Hispanic community already from what I've gathered from my friends and family over a number of states. He already shot himself in the foot, and he will suffer the consequences of a heightened Romney effect.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 03:39:47 PM »

Looks, it's obviously not great, but there are far worse Republicans, and he is still hundreds of times better than Hillary Clinton. Just accept the incremental progress of a potential Trump presidency.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »

Looks, it's obviously not great, but there are far worse Republicans, and he is still hundreds of times better than Hillary Clinton. Just accept the incremental progress of a potential Trump presidency.

I hate to break it to ya but President TRUMP ain't happening.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 03:42:05 PM »

No.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »

I hate to break it to ya but President TRUMP ain't happening.

I know, it almost certainly won't. I have said that Hillary Clinton has this for at least 4 months.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »

Would that be the incremental progress towards fascism or ethnic cleansing? (Or do you think he'll do both at the same time?)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »

Would that be the incremental progress towards fascism or ethnic cleansing? (Or do you think he'll do both at the same time?)

Hysterical. I'm clearly speaking to the OP on the abortion issue concerns of the nominee.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »

I was talking more long-term that if the Republicans stopped standing for my social conservative values, I would have to find another party.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 04:13:14 PM »

Yuck.  This is why I may not be able to vote for Trump. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies