Trump: Tubman shouldn't be $20 cuz she's a black woman, $2 "more appropriate"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Tubman shouldn't be $20 cuz she's a black woman, $2 "more appropriate"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump: Tubman shouldn't be $20 cuz she's a black woman, $2 "more appropriate"  (Read 1607 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »

LOL, hontestly, I doubt the Trumpster has any opinion about this. All he wants is attention.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »

Jackson certainly had his unsavory side.  But I don't believe in wiping out of history our leaders of the past because they don't measure up by today's standards.  The entire world was less tolerant and more racist and xenophobic in Jackson's time.  Jackson was a President whose legacy was the annexation of Texas and a greater degree of democratic features in our form of government.  Tubman is worthy of the honor of being on a $20 bill, but Jackson doesn't deserve to be dishonored by being judged in an ex post facto way.
elcorazon

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »

Jackson certainly had his unsavory side.  But I don't believe in wiping out of history our leaders of the past because they don't measure up by today's standards.  The entire world was less tolerant and more racist and xenophobic in Jackson's time.  Jackson was a President whose legacy was the annexation of Texas and a greater degree of democratic features in our form of government.  Tubman is worthy of the honor of being on a $20 bill, but Jackson doesn't deserve to be dishonored by being judged in an ex post facto way.
taking him off of the front of $20 does not equal "being dishonored"...to the extent that part of the reasoning for using the $20 is Jackson's unsavory side, that really doesn't bother me. I mean Adams isn't on any currency at all (that I know of ). Is he dishonored by not being featured?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 12:32:54 PM »

Sheesh, Jackson is an important president by any stretch. Probably 4th behind Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson in the 19th century.

I have no problem with him on the 20 dollar bill. Tubman is just pandering.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »

oh, yes, nice embellishing there in the thread title once again.

Of course Trump likes Jackson.  He's reenacting the success of Jackson's campaign, in all its vicarious megalomania and populist resentment, except for an era where success and heroism is defined in more financial and less martial terms.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies