Is Cruz failing? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:51:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Cruz failing? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Cruz failing?  (Read 1028 times)
PeteB
Canada

« on: April 22, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »

I don't think Cruz is failing, as much as I think that he is simply a fringe non-electable candidate.  In fact, to give him credit, I am amazed how well he has done so far.  He gets points in my book for building a robust ground organization that is picking up delegates everywhere.  He has won some states (like WI) that he normally would not have much of a chance.  The media has also given him a pass at some of his more controversial positions.

However he was always a longshot candidate, and the "establishment love" towards him was never going to last.  Now that he was wiped out in NY (and if similar results follow in the other NE states), he will be cut down to size, both in terms of establishment and media support.  However, that still does not mean that he would necessarily fail.  He has some good states in May ahead of him, and even if he is not the eventual nominee, he could influence the platform and secure some important administration spots for himself or his supporters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies