2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9529 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »

December 13:

Town Hall in Missouri Valley, IA
Town Hall in Harlan, IA
Town Hall in Audubon, IA

December 14:

Town Hall in Stuart, IA
Town Hall in Waukee, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA (w/ Rep. David Young)

December 15:

Town Hall in Newton, IA
Town Hall in Grinnell, IA
Town Hall in Williamsburg, IA

Excerpt from the Grinnell town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, I am the owner of a small business. How will you help me and the other business owners of Iowa in this tough economy?
A: Good question. First of all, I will cut taxes on small businesses, so that they can experience economic growth without big government reaching into their pockets. Second off, I would put a stop to this excessive regulation of small businesses, so that the free market can pay off for the small business owners.

December 16:

Rally in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in Tipton, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA

December 17:

Town Hall in Maquoketa, IA
Town Hall in Anamosa, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA (w/ Sen. Kelly Ayotte)

December 18:

Town Hall in Vinton, IA
Town Hall in Tama, IA
Town Hall in Marshalltown, IA

Excerpt from Tama town hall:

Q: Governor, what would your opinion be on the Clinton invasion of Iraq?
A: I was opposed to this from the very beginning. It's always been a horrible idea to keep going into the Middle East for no good reason. This is the second mistake now that Clinton has made on the topic of Iraq. How can we trust her or any of her party on foreign policy?

December 19:

Rally in Ames, IA
Town Hall in Boone, IA
Town Hall in Jefferson, IA

December 20:

Town Hall in Carroll, IA
Town Hall in Denison, IA
Town Hall in Onawa, IA

December 21:

Rally in Sioux City, IA (w/ Sen. Scott Brown)
Town Hall in Ida Grove, IA
Town Hall in Sac City, IA

December 22:

Town Hall in Lake City, IA
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Town Hall in Webster City, IA

December 23:

Town Hall in Iowa Falls, IA
Town Hall in Grundy Center, IA
Rally in Waterloo, IA

December 24:

Town Hall in Independence, IA
Town Hall in Manchester, IA
Rally in Dubuque, IA

Excerpt from Independence town hall:

Q: You were a member of the Never Trump movement in 2016. Given that year's convention and the results, do you stand by that?
A: I stand by my stance completely. Trump was a danger to the Grand Old Party, and I guarantee you that he would have lost in an even larger landslide than Mitt Romney. We might have lost the Hispanic vote, and potentially the presidency forever if not for Romney winning in the contested convention.

December 25:

Town Hall in Guttenberg, IA
Town Hall in Oelwein, IA
Town Hall in Waverly, IA

December 26:

Town Hall in Parkersburg, IA
Town Hall in Hampton, IA
Town Hall in Eagle Grove, IA
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »

OOC: Saw that polls were up before my turn 1 post. Since my first turn and endorsements were still up today, I was hoping they would still count. If not, I can edit the dates and make it into turn 2.

They'll still count!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 08:02:59 AM »

Baker Endorsements:

"If you ask me, there is no better sensible fiscal conservative to take back the White House than Charlie Baker."

"As Governor of New Jersey, I always struck a balance between social moderation and fiscal conservatism. I believe that Charlie Baker is the only candidate who will do the same thing in the White House."

"There is no better moderate Republican to take back this country than Charlie Baker, plain and simple."
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »

Chafee Endorsements (round 1):

"I said this for my friend 10 years ago when he ran for Governor, and I'll say it again. Lincoln will put the interests of the people before the interests of any party. Lincoln has the experience necessary to be our President and he has the integrity that no other politician in this race has. He was able to produce results as a Mayor, Senator, and Governor, and I honestly think he can do the same as a President."

"Y'know, I respect the Hell outta Chafee for running as President, because he's the only horse in this race that isn't running for the interests of a big party. During my tenure as Governor, I was to make life better for Minnesotans, and I think Chafee will do the same, and then some. Chafee is the champion of the unrepresented people, whether you are young, old, conservative, moderate, or liberal, Lincoln Chafee is the man you should vote for."

"It's a shame that I never was able to work with Mr. Chafee while he was in office. I say this because I feel that he and I have the same mindset, we both want to do what important for the people and more importantly, we care about New England. That's why I believe it's necessary for all citizens of New England to vote for Mr. Chafee"
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »

December 13:
Town Hall in Providence, RI
Town Hall in East Providence, RI
Meet and Greet at Brown University

December 14:
Town Hall in Warwick, RI
Town Hall in Cranston, RI
Campaign Rally at Brown University

December 15:
Town Hall in Pawtucket, RI
Town Hall in Woonsocket, RI
Town Hall in Cumberland, RI

December 16:
Town Hall in Kingston, RI
Meet and Greet at University of Rhode Island
Campaign Rally at University of Rhode Island

December 17:
Town Hall in Bristol, RI
Fundraiser in Providence, RI
Fundraiser in Warwick, RI

(Excerpt from Town Hall meeting in Bristol, RI)
Q: Mr. Chafee, why are you spending so much time at Universities when you could be spending time campaigning more?
A: This is a very good question, thank you. I am spending time at Universities because I feel that it is important to dedicate my time to these students. They are progressives who are looking for reform, and I feel that it is my duty to acknowledge what they have to say.

December 18:
Town Hall in Manchester, NH
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH

December 19:
Town Hall in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Concord, NH
Town Hall in Derry, NH

(Excerpt from Town Hall meeting in Derry, NH)
Q; Mr. Chafee, in your speech announcing that you were running for President, you said that if anyone is a Libertarian, that they should vote for you. Why is this, and do you still hope to garner support of the Libertarians?
A: Of course I hope to get as many Libertarian votes as possible. The Libertarian party, and Libertarians in both the Democratic and Republican parties are seldom heard from anyone. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed, and like I have said before, a vote for me means that your voice will be heard.

December 20:
Town Hall in Rochester, NH
Town Hall in Salem, NH
Town Hall in Merrimack, NH

December 21:
Town Hall in Keene, NH
Town Hall in Laconia, NH
Town Hall in Milford, NH

(Excerpt form Town Hall meeting in Milford, NH)
Q: Mr. Chafee, how do you plan on getting more votes from female voters?
A: Well, this is definitely going to be a long answer (crowd laughs). In essence, if I am elected President, I will be more relaxed on abortion laws, because it really should be the mother's decision in regards to the operation. Additionally, I do plan on reducing crime rates nationally, as no family shouldn't be worried about the prospect of crime occurring near their residence. I will also strive for a more equal treatment of women in the workplace. Finally, I feel that it is necessary for a mother to have better health benefits while she is either on maternity leave or shortly after.

December 22:
Town Hall in Durham, NH
Meet and Greet at the University of New Hampshire
Campaign Rally at the University of New Hampshire

December 23:
Town Hall in Hanover, NH
Meet and Greet at Dartmouth University
Campaign Rally at Dartmouth University

December 24:
Campaign Rally in Manchester, NH
Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH

December 25:
Twitter Update from Lincoln Chafee:
I have decided today that I needed to spend some time with my family. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. See you tomorrow Maine!

December 26:
Townhall in Portland, ME
Fundraiser in Portland, ME
Campaign Rally in Portland, ME (with Senator Angus King)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2016, 06:09:51 PM by MikeWells12 »

Schedule

December 13

Arrive in Iowa
Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
Rally in Le Mars, Iowa

“Hello, Le Mars. We make a decision every election. In this election, the choice is obvious. It’s more than a choice between candidates in this primary, it’s a choice between ideologies and our futures. We know how to make our economy stronger and fairer, our retirement more secure, our college debt free, and our communities safer. The way is progressivism. We know how to strengthen education, include immigrants, and be a global power through diplomacy, not war. The way is liberalism.”

December 14

Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa
Town Hall in Storm Lake, Iowa
Town Hall in Lake View, Iowa

December 15

Arrive in New Hampshire
Town Hall in Lancaster, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Franconia, New Hampshire

December 16

Town Hall in Woodstock, New Hampshire
Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire

December 17

Rally in Wilmington, North Carolina
Town Hall in Jacksonville, North Carolina
Town Hall in New Bern, North Carolina

“Many Americans feel they are playing a rigged game. What will you do to fix an economy that seems fixed to provide the wealthy with more wealth and give nothing to those at the middle and bottom?”
“This town’s name is New Bern, and I feel it is aptly named. Four years ago, a candidate came along who inspired us all. His message that the economy is rigged, Wall Street gets too much while Main Street gets too little, resonated with us all. Everyone felt the Bern. Now, we’re ready to feel it again. I agree with Bernie Sanders, the economy is rigged. Bankers have rigged interest rates, millionaires and billionaires grow their obscene amounts of wealth through offshore tax havens, the top 25 hedge fund managers in America make more than every single American kindergarten teacher combined, and we’ve had enough! Close the tax loopholes, protect unions, and raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour! Let’s start a ‘New Bern’ at the ballot box on February 11th.”

December 18

Rally in Greenville, North Carolina
Rally in Raleigh, North Carolina
Rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina

December 19

Rally in Florence, South Carolina
Town Hall in Conway, South Carolina
Rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

December 20

Town Hall in Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Hillsboro, New Hampshire
Rally in Bow, New Hampshire

December 21
Town Hall in Amherst, New Hampshire
Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Rindge, New Hampshire

December 22    

Rally in Mason City, Iowa

“Education is our path to the future. In order for our children to get a good education, we need well-trained teachers who teach our children, not just to take tests, but to love learning as much as they need to in order to get a proper college education and a good career. Under this administration, students are graduating from college almost $40,000 in debt. Under a Donna Edwards presidency, students will graduate from college with zero debt. We will accomplish this by making community college free and lowering interest rates on student loans.”

Town Hall in Clear Lake, Iowa
Town Hall in Hampton, Iowa

December 23

Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Town Hall in Ankeny, Iowa

December 24

Rally in West Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Osceola, Iowa
Town Hall in Leon, Iowa

December 25

Town Hall in Lamoni, Iowa

“Merry Christmas, everyone. I’m so glad you managed to find the time to see me on a holiday. Or maybe you just wanted to get away from your relatives.”

December 26

Town Hall in Corydon, Iowa
Town Hall in Centerville, Iowa
Town Hall in Bloomfield, Iowa

Endorsements

Barbara Mikulski - “I’ve been following her political career ever since she joined Congress, and I’ve seen enough to know that Donna Edwards has an impressive record. She was one of the most progressive representatives in Congress, she showed leadership and transparency, and she missed very few votes. Her issue positions and policy proposals are honestly what I think this country needs. At any rate, she would definitely be better than Hillary Clinton.”

Martin O'Malley - “I am very disappointed in Hillary Clinton. She sent us into Iraq again and her presidency has been very disappointing overall. However, this election cycle hasn’t disappointed me. I’m very happy Donna Edwards decided to run. Edwards has a history of staying true to her word and making good on campaign promises. I also happen to know her better than most, as we both come from Maryland. I can tell you for sure that she would be a true progressive in the White House.”

Elizabeth Warren - “Her candidacy is exciting, not just for me, but for everybody, because not only will she be another ‘first’ but she is also a progressive who is whipping up the liberal base, and I really think she can win if nominated. Her policies are something we desperately need. It would be such a nice relief from the previous four years. Clinton has not lived up to my expectations at all. I’m not going through another primary without mentioning my favorite.”

Advertisements

Advertisement #009: Real Experience
“Donna Edwards is one of the most experienced candidates running. While in Congress, she sponsored numerous bills that aimed to do numerous things such as: prevent drug overdose deaths, safely transport products, encourage workforce training, abolish the death penalty, educate prisoners, expand child care access and education, increase wages, and fund green energy programs. Outside of Congress, she co-founded the National Network to End Domestic Violence before eventually becoming its executive director and was instrumental in passing the 1994 Violence Against Women Act. If you value real experience, then your candidate is Donna Edwards.”
airs in:

Advertisement #010: Helping Families
“Hello, my name is Donna Edwards. As I’m sure you know, one of the many reasons I am running for president is so that I can help families. Together, we can help every member of the family, from protecting your grandfather’s Social Security, to making sure your son or daughter will have the education and job opportunities he or she needs to make it far in life, and for your sister to make much more than 77 cents for every dollar that her husband makes. We can help every family get ahead, not just the wealthy ones. But in order for all of this to happen, you’ll have to vote for me. I’ll see you on Election Day.”
airs in:
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 07:15:27 PM »

Advertisement 1: Champion for New England
Lincoln Chafee has spent most of his life not only making Rhode Island better, but New England as a whole a much better place. He has been able to make compromises with Republicans, Democrats, and Independents during his tenure in office. If you vote for Lincoln Chafee, you will not need to worry of a politician whose main goals are driven by a political party. Vote sensibly. Vote Chafee

Advertisement 2: Family Matters
Lincoln Chafee is a family man, and he cares about your family too. Whether it's that extra push needed for your child to strive in school or better health benefits for your parents on Medicare, Lincoln Chafee wants to help you. Finally, if elected, Lincoln Chafee plans on reducing crime, so that the parks that your children play in will be truly safe, or that your parents who are being medically assisted get the best help possible. Vote sensibly. Vote Chafee
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2016, 06:59:05 PM by Southern Gothic for Southern Legislature »

December 13:

Meet and Greet in Bevington, IA
Town Hall in New Virginia, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA

December 14:

Rally in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Nevada, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA

December 15:

Town Hall in Folly Beach, SC
Town Hall in Rockville, SC
Rally in Charleston, SC

December 16:

Town Hall in Hardeeville, SC
Town Hall in Walterboro, SC
Rally in Georgetown, SC

Excerpt from Walterboro Town Hall:
Q: Governor Edwards, I'm a teacher at one of the elementary schools in the area. And I've noticed that many of my students and my colleagues struggle with bureaucracy because of the new Common Core standards. I'm curious as to what your stance is on Common Core and what you will do to reform it.

A: As Governor of Louisiana, I vehemently opposed Common Core. Not for any financial or political reasons, but simply because I saw it as another layer of federal bureaucracy that's preventing our school system from really seeing the potential in each and every one of our students. My plan for education gives more freedom and independence to the individual teachers. Because I wholeheartedly believe that a teacher knows his or students better than an empty suit in Washington ever could.

December 17:

Town Hall in St. George, SC
Town Hall in North Charleston, SC
Town Hall in Beaufort, SC

December 18:

Town Hall in Bluffton, SC
Rally in Hilton Head, SC
Town Hall in Monck's Corner, SC

December 19:

Rally in Goose Creek, SC
Town Hall in Allendale, SC
Rally in Orangeburg, SC

December 20:

Town Hall in Cayce, SC
Town Hall in Forest Acres, IA
Rally in Columbia, SC

Excerpt from Forest Acres Town Hall:
Q: You've been running a campaign mostly dealing with domestic issues, and have only made some vague statements about your opposition to President Clinton's war in Iraq. Could you please clarify your stance on the Middle East?

A: Of course. I honestly believe that our foreign policy should accomplish two goals, the protection of American interests and the promotion of American values. I see foreign war and intervention in the Middle East as counterproductive to these goals. Our foreign policy in the post-Cold War has been disastrous. We've conducted these unilateral actions in the Middle East with little to no positive effect. My foreign policy will see war and intervention only as a last resort. With diplomacy and international cooperation being our primary tools on the global stage.

December 21:

Rally in Lexington, SC
Town Hall in Swansea, SC
Rally in York, SC

December 22:

Town Hall in Clemson, SC
Town Hall in Starr, SC
Rally in Anderson, SC

December 23:

Town Hall in Greer, SC
Town Hall in Mauldin, SC
Rally in Greenville, SC

December 24:

Town Hall in Simpsonville, SC
Town Hall in Langley, SC
Rally in Aiken, SC

Excerpt from Simpsonville Town Hall
Q: Governor Edwards, you remained largely silent during the 2016 campaign, you're only comment being that you applauded the nomination of Hillary Clinton. In what ways has president Clinton disappointed you as President?

A: Well, I think we can all agree that President Clinton's administration has been a disappointment to both the left and the right. The start of it, for me at least, was her complete abandonment of the Black Lives Matter movement when she signed the 2017 Violent Crime Act. She completely turned her back on her constituents and the good folks who got her elected in the first place.

December 25:

Town Hall in Chesnee, SC
Town Hall in Wellford, SC
Rally in Spartanburg, SC

December 26:

Town Hall in Heath Springs, SC
Town Hall in Kershaw, SC
Rally in Lancaster, SC
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 04:47:17 PM »

I'll make a 50 state poll and the next turn will start 'round 8.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:24 PM »

Brian Schweitzer

Ya know, I really had hope for this administration. I really hoped that President Clinton would learn from the harsh rhetoric that was being tossed around the election. This has really just been dirty politics. And I don't Donna Edwards really coming above that. I think we've had enough of the fire-eaters. I'm pulling for the other Edwards, personally. Governor Edwards that is.

Jay Nixon

This needs to be a time of healing for America. We need to move past the mistakes and the divides of the last decade. We need to see decisive reform in the Democratic Party and serious changes in the party platform to ensure that we are breaking down walls and building bridges. I see Governor Edwards as the best candidate to do just that.

Cory Booker

I want to give my support and my endorsement to the candidate I see as truly being representative of what America needs in a President. I support Governor John Bel Edwards because he is simply what we need in a president. He is a uniter, he is decisive, and he can actually get done what America needs getting done.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »

Cory Gardner Endorsements

Sen. Chuck Grassley

"Cory Gardner is one of the brightest people I have had a chance to work with in the Senate. He is a committed conservative who works hard to get things done for his constituents. I'm proud to endorse him for President."

Sen. Dean Heller

"It's important for Republicans to be united next fall if we want to take back the White House. I believe Cory Gardner can best unite our party with his broad policy knowledge and uplifting agenda. That's why he's earned my endorsement for President."

Sen. Thom Tillis

"Cory and I joined the Senate at the same time and I have seen first hand how hard he will work to get conservative policies enacted in order to benefit the people of his state. His message of hope and American renewal are just what Americans are looking for after 12 disastrous years of Obama and Clinton. I fully endorse him for President and hope that y'all will support him as well."
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2016, 08:56:52 PM by Stm85 »

Cory Gardner Turn 2 Schedule

December 13

Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Campaign rally in Las Vegas, NV with Sen. Dean Heller

"Cory Gardner is the kind of Republican that everyone in our party can get behind. He will cut taxes, rein in regulations, fight for the rights of the unborn, and defeat ISIS with overwhelming force. Let's unite behind him now and take back the White House in November!"

Town hall in Norman, OK
Town hall in Oklahoma City, OK

December 14

Town hall in Little Rock, AR
Town hall in Fayetteville, AR
Town hall in Joplin, MO
Town hall in Jefferson City, MO

December 15

Town hall in Kansas City, MO
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Campaign rally in Sioux City, IA

"We cannot afford another Donald Trump, because that would mean another four years of Democrats in charge. Instead of dividing us, I will unite our party and the conservative movement. There is nobody on their side that can defeat a united Republican party."

Town hall in Sheldon, IA

December 16

Town hall in Spirit Lake, IA
Town hall in Estherville, IA
Town hall in Humbolt, IA
Town hall in Fort Dodge, IA

December 17

Town hall in Boone, IA
Campaign rally in Des Moines, IA with Sen. Chuck Grassley

"There is no doubt in my mind that Cory Gardner is the best candidate to take back the Presidency. We need a fresh face that isn't afraid to stand up to special interests and fight for We the People. That's why I'm going to support Cory in the caucuses in February, and I hope you and your family join me too."

Town hall in Osceola, IA
Town hall in Ottumwa, IA

December 18

Town hall in Fort Madison, IA
Fundraiser in Memphis, TN
Town hall in Nashville, TN
Town hall in Chattanooga, TN

December 19

Town hall in Knoxville, TN
Town hall in Asheville, NC
Campaign rally in Charlotte, NC with Sen. Thom Tillis

We've had enough of self-serving politicians who only think about campaign checks from big government special interests. Cory Gardner has the backbone to do the right thing regardless of what Washington elites think. I've seen him do it in the last six years we've spent in the Senate and he'll do it as President. Please join me in making Cory the next President of the United States."

Town hall in Winston-Salem, NC

December 20

Town hall in Greensboro, NC
Town hall in Greenville, NC
Town hall in Wilmington, NC
Town hall in Florence, SC

December 21

Live streaming interview with Townhall Magazine's Katie Pavlich

PAVLICH: "Senator, you've been talking a lot in the last few days about uniting the Republican party. I think we all agree that this is important after 2016, but why are you the right candidate to do it?"
GARDNER: "Well, I certainly believe that I am the candidate best equipped to unite the party, but ultimately that's the voters' call. What I am doing is going across the country and making the case to the people that an optimistic message about conservative reforms, energy independence, and national security is the way forward in bringing our party together and defeating the Democrats next fall."

Town hall in Sumter, SC
Town hall in Orangeburg, SC
Town hall in Summerville, SC

December 22

Campaign rally in Charleston, SC

"The need for new leadership in the White House could not have been made more clear than it just was in the Middle East. We are losing brave young men and women because Hillary Clinton does not have the resolve to fully commit to the fight against ISIS, and neither do any of the people in her party running to replace her. I will use overwhelming force to bring this war to a conclusion that honors those who serve our country and keeps our people safe."

Town hall in Aiken, SC
Town hall in Miami, FL
Fundraiser in Miami, FL

December 23

Town hall in St. Petersburg, FL
Town hall in Tampa, FL
Fundraiser in Tampa, FL
Town hall in Orlando, FL

December 24

Town hall in Gainesville, FL
Town hall in Norfolk, VA
Town hall in Richmond, VA
Town hall in Arlington, VA

December 25

Christmas Day - no events

December 26

Fundraiser in Washington, DC
Fundraiser in New York, NY
Town hall in Columbus, OH
Town hall in Cincinnati, OH
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2016, 07:24:41 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

The Wacky and Wild Election of 2020:

Hello viewers from America, and around the world. I'm John King and today we got some big news! We'd like to report more about the Presidential primaries, first off, the Democratic state of the race. It's mainly between two candidates: Governor John Bel Edwards, and Former Representative Donna Edwards. Senator Jeff Merkley is in the mix too, but only leads in two states according to the isidewith.com national poll, in which 100,000 people voted. Former Senator Jim Webb is fairing poorly, but he's polling high in states like Oklahoma and West Virginia, as well as Kentucky.

The Republican race is in dead heat. RCP averages Baker usually winning, but the Isidewith poll has Cory Gardner leading in more states, with less votes. Cory Gardner has become the clear conservative favorite in this race, with Charlie Baker in the Moderate seat. Senators Rand Paul and Tim Scott are trying hard to gain more traction, but they're doing okay.

But how about the independent candidacy of Lincoln Chafee? After dropping out before a single Democratic Primary, Lincoln Chafee's political career seemed to be dead. He's come back from the political grave, and is running a strong, third party campaign primarily focused on New England. He is getting disgruntled Sanders 2016 Democrats and even Trumpians who find themselves out of a party, and Chafee is a uniter it seems. He is picking up a decent amount of Electoral votes as of now.

Democratic isidewith.com grand poll results:

National Democratic Poll, isidewith.com:

John Bel Edwards: 36.6%
Donna Edwards: 32.4%
Jeff Merkley: 20.4%
Jim Webb: 5.6%

National Republican Poll, isidewith.com:

Charlie Baker: 34.5%
Cory Gardner: 32.5%
Tim Scott: 15.3%
Rand Paul: 14.1%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Poll (December 26th, 2019)Sad

John Bel Edwards: 35.4%
Donna Edwards: 33.1%
Jeff Merkley: 20.9%
Jim Webb: 6.9%

Iowa Republican Caucus Poll (December 26th, 2019)Sad

Cory Gardner: 35.4%
Charlie Baker: 32.8%
Tim Scott: 13.4%
Rand Paul: 12.3%
Marco Rubio: 4.5%

News:

About 28 miles outside of Galway, Ireland, a cruise liner, the Crystal sank. 133 people were killed after an apparent explosion in the engine room, which was not caused by terrorism. The ship sank in about an hour due to the protocol not being followed, the Captain insisted he had to get off the ship first, thus endangering many lives. He is currently getting sued by many families for an amount consisting of about $699,000,200, the liner company is getting sued for around $234,000,102.

Donald Trump, the former 2016 GOP Nominee is getting very vocal against the candidates, sending out mean tweets to Charlie Baker and Cory Gardner. He stated that he may leave the party. He has come under fire from several Republican politicians, and the RNC Chairman.

The former famous social media Myspace has been deactivated, after it's increasing unpopularity. Nothing too surprising about that.

Also in the news, famous 2012 Presidential candidate, father of 2020 presidential candidate Rand Paul, and libertarian activist Ron Paul died at the age of 84. He was getting very vocal about the race, but slipped in the shower and cracked his head open. He died about 20 hours after, his last words were: "Liberty and the Paul family's flame shall light forever.".
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »

Campaign Schedule:
December 13:

Rally in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall in Arnolds Park, IA
Town Hall in Spencer, IA

December 14:

Rally in Spencer, IA

December 15:

December 16:

December 17:

Rally in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Urbandale, IA
Town Hall In Prairie City, IA

December 18:

Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
Town Hall in Rome, IA

December 19:

Town Hall in Swedesburg, IA
Rally in Mt. Pleasant, IA
Appearance on the Daily Show (NY)

Well, I have strong doubts about the way this country is going.  We need to protect American workers and values, and, frankly, I don't think Hillary Clinton has a viable plan for that.  I feel that I can unite Americans to reach our common goal of prosperity.

December 20:

Rally in Charleston, SC
Town Hall in Santee, SC

December 21:

Town Hall in St. Matthews, SC
Rally in Columbia, SC

December 22:

Town Hall in Brookdale, SC

"Some may accuse me of being a racist, but I assure you, I view every American, regardless of class and skin color as equal.  I learned firsthand, in the mud of Vietnam and the fields of Arkansas that the issues of poverty and elitism know now race and hurt us all equally.  I will fight as President for all Americans alike!

Webb does not campaign actively from December 23 to December 26

Endorsements:
Earl Ray Tomblin, Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia
Ralph Northam, Virginia Governor
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »

Campaign Schedule:
December 13:

Rally in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall in Arnolds Park, IA
Town Hall in Spencer, IA

December 14:

Rally in Spencer, IA

December 15:

December 16:

December 17:

Rally in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Urbandale, IA
Town Hall In Prairie City, IA

December 18:

Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
Town Hall in Rome, IA

December 19:

Town Hall in Swedesburg, IA
Rally in Mt. Pleasant, IA
Appearance on the Daily Show (NY)

Well, I have strong doubts about the way this country is going.  We need to protect American workers and values, and, frankly, I don't think Hillary Clinton has a viable plan for that.  I feel that I can unite Americans to reach our common goal of prosperity.

December 20:

Rally in Charleston, SC
Town Hall in Santee, SC

December 21:

Town Hall in St. Matthews, SC
Rally in Columbia, SC

December 22:

Town Hall in Brookdale, SC

"Some may accuse me of being a racist, but I assure you, I view every American, regardless of class and skin color as equal.  I learned firsthand, in the mud of Vietnam and the fields of Arkansas that the issues of poverty and elitism know now race and hurt us all equally.  I will fight as President for all Americans alike!

Webb does not campaign actively from December 23 to December 26

Endorsements:
Earl Ray Tomblin, Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia
Ralph Northam, Virginia Governor

You're supposed to really pm requests for endorsements. You can have Tomblin!
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »

Round 2 endorsements:

"I've decided to endorse Mr. Chaffee for his presidential run, and I urge every Libertarian to vote for him. His ideas fall in place with the Libertarian party, so it makes coding for him that much easier. He has a great track record, and I believe that he will achieve greatness as this nation's next President"

"Lincoln Chaffee is a man who has been betrayed by political parties numerous times. He is one of a few people that are like me in that crowd. Although I'm not saying that I will be necessarily endorsing him, I  definitely sympathize with the man. This is more of a warning to the Democrats who are running: If you don't change your ideologies in order to attract a larger crowd, don't be surprised to see more Democrats rally behind this man. That also includes me."

"When I look at these candidates, I see one thing in common, they disregard the people who want true reform. The only person who wants change is Lincoln Chaffee. The fact that he cares so much about all this students in universities is inspiring. The way he is campaigning may be off the beaten path, but I believe that he will be successful."

Also, can we see national polls?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »

I'll have my schedule in at some point tonight.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »

24 hour extension?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 08:03:08 PM »

Sounds good to me.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2016, 02:04:41 PM »

The 2020 Race:

Hello viewers from around the world. We have a lot of news today.

On the Democratic front, Governor Edwards till holds a very narrow lead against Former Representative Donna Edwards. Donna Edwards is trying hard for the South now. Senator Jeff Merkley is a sitting duck, not really campaigning what so-ever. Former Senator Jim Webb is fighting to make a furious comeback. He's now leading in Utah and Oklahoma. Let's see if he can be "another comebac kid"

On the Republican front, Governor Charlie Baker is narrowly leading Senator Gardner. This is becoming a more and more interesting race. Rand Paul and Tim Scott are idle right now, but this could turn out to be another 2016.

On the whole General Election front, it's startling. Former Governor Lincoln Chafee is resonating with New England and big time, too. We haven't seen this great of a third party performance since Ross Perot, and we are long overdue for one.

Iowa Democratic Caucus Polling:

John Bel Edwards: 35.4%
Donna Edwards: 35.4%
Jeff Merkley: 19.0%
Jim Webb: 7.8%

Iowa Republican Caucus Polling:

Cory Gardner: 35.6%
Charlie Baker: 32.4%
Rand Paul: 19.0%
Tim Scott: 10.1%

General Election Polling Average:

Generic Republican: 323 Electoral Votes 45.6%
Generic Democrat: 204 Electoral Votes 42.3%
Chafee: 11 Electoral Votes 10.9%

News:

Former President George W. Bush died on December 22nd, 2019, at his ranch in Texas. His wife was there when he suddenly had a massive heart attack and was pronounced dead upon arrival at a hospital. His brother, Jeb Bush is giving his euology.

The U.S is now officially in a very deep recession. Chances of coming out of it soon are slim, this brings down Hillary Clinton's approval rating to 35%.

Anonymous hacked a FOX News broadcast calling for a increase of troops in Iraq and played a speech of Lincoln Chafee opposing the war, and bringing up Pro-Chafee material for 30 minutes straight until being shut down. News outlets around the world were broadcasting live what was happening. This helped Chafee in states, it seems, and now a 70% of the American public distrusts the media. This has led to TYT getting a television channel.

Debate:

A debate for both parties will occur this week. The Democratic Debate shall be hosted by CNN, and moderated by Anderson Cooper. The Republican Debate shall be hosted by FOX and moderated by Neil Cavuto.

Democratic Debate Questions:

For All: Opening Statement

For All: What are your plans to get out of the recession and win in November despite President Clinton's lack of popularity?

For All: What is your view on the Iraq War?

For All: To lighten this up a bit, what's your favorite food? Would it be served in the White House, if you were elected?

For John Bel Edwards:

What is your opinion of Hillary Clinton?

For Donna Edwards:

Do you believe President Clinton has failed the black community?

For Jeff Merkley:

Many believe you are too idle to be president, how do you respond to these claims?

For Jim Webb:

As a Virginia Senator, and 2016 Presidential Candidate, you talked about how the Democrats should be more friendly to white voters. What did you mean by saying this?

Republican Debate Questions:

(Video of Memorial to George W. Bush (This debate is at his ranch))

For All: Opening Statement

For All: What is your plan to win the Republican Primaries and be elected in November?

For All: What is your opinion on recently deceased President George W. Bush?

For Charlie Baker:

You are being called a Massachusetts Moderate, similar to Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, and Mitt Romney. What is your response to these claims?

For Cory Gardner:

Many say you are too conservative to be elected. What is your response to these claims?

For Rand Paul:

Many say you are too isolationist to be president, what is your response to these claims?

For Tim Scott:

You're pretty unknown Senator, is that a key to success in November?

Turn 3 December 23rd, 2019-January 8th, 2020 BEGINS NOW

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 02:20:18 AM »

Baker Endorsements:

"In my opinion, the Republican Party has been going on a worrying path recently. We need to set things right, and none of the other candidates seem like they have what it takes. That's why I support Governor Baker."

"Back in 2016, when our party was hijacked by the likes of Donald Trump, I stood against his rampant xenophobia. Unfortunately, most of the Republican field simply bowed down to Trump the moment Ted Cruz dropped out. But Charlie Baker didn't. Charlie Baker is a man of principle, and he continued to stand up against Trump all the way to the convention."

"I've known Charlie Baker since he got elected in 2014, and in my opinion, he is one of the very best governors in this country. He gets my endorsement without a doubt."
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »

Round 3 endorsements:

"Mr. Chaffee is a visionary. I have always backed the candidate that I feel will do the best for this nation, and for Her people. Mr. Chaffee is a reformer, and looks toward the future. That is why I will be endorsing him in this election"

"I feel that Mr. Chaffee is the best candidate for this nation. He has revolutionized the American political system thanks to this election. Even if he may not win this election, I feel that he will prove to the people in Capital Hill that change is necessary"

I will post a picture later
"I know I said that I would run in 2020, but I decided not to because Lincoln is running instead. All these politicians don't give a $hit about the people, but care about their parties winning as many elections as possible. I will also give everyone free Yeezy's if they vote for him, and if he wins"
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 01:13:49 AM »

Charlie Baker campaign schedule:

December 27:

Town Hall in Humboldt, IA
Town Hall in Pocahontas, IA
Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA

December 28:

Town Hall in Cherokee, IA