2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:32:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9525 times)
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 02:36:55 PM »

December 27:
Town Hall in Lewiston, ME
Campaign Fundraiser in Lewiston, ME
Two Hall in Bangor, ME

Excerpt from Town Hall in Lewiston, ME
Q: "Mr. Chaffee, how do you feel about the E-terrorist attack on FOX that endorsed your campaign?"
A: "Although I don't necessarily condone the actions Anonymous did, there was a lot of truth to their message. I am against this war that she shouldn't even be in. Additionally, it was free advertising for me! (crowd laughs)"

December 28:
Town Hall in South Portland, ME
Town Hall in Auburn, ME
Campaign Rally in Auburn, ME

December 29:
Town Hall in Seneca, ME
Town Hall in Saco, ME
Campaign Rally at the University of Maine in Orono, ME

Excerpt from Town Hall in Seneca, ME:
Q:"Mr. Chaffee, how do you feel about the endorsement of Kanye West for your campaign?"
A:"Honestly, I am very happy that I was endorsed by Mr. West. I feel that he will be able to resonate with the younger audience that I am trying to appeal to. Plus, everyone wants to have Yeezy's."

December 30:
Town Hall in Boston, MA
Campaign Fundraiser in Boston, MA
Campaign Rally in Boston, MA

December 31:
Campaign Rally at Boston College in Boston, MA
Campaign Rally at Boston University in Boston, MA
Campaign Rally at Harvard University in Boston, MA

January 1:
Town Hall in Worcester, MA
Town Hall in Springfield, MA
Campaign Fundraiser in Springfield, MA

January 2:
Town Hall in Lowell, MA
Town Hall in Cambridge, MA
Town Hall in New Bedford, MA

Excerpt from Town Hall in Lowell, MA
Q:"Mr. Chaffee, in your speech for your campaign announcement, you said you wanted support from the Green Party. What do you plan on doing to achieve this?"
A:"The environment has always been an important issue for me. It is necessary for us to find a cleaner alternative to the oil and gasoline that we currently use that destroys the environment. Additionally, I have always championed for the rights of women. Finally, Mr. Nader himself endorsed me, and I plan to follow in his footsteps"

January 3:
Appearance on CNN
" The way President Clinton has ran this nation for the past four years have been incredibly counter-productive for the betterment of our economy, our citizens, and the nation itself. On the other hand, you have Mr. Trump attacking all of the Republican candidates which just shows how divided the Republican party truly is. Sure, I have been accused of flip-flopping numerous times, but I am no longer changing my affiliation. I will be staying an independent for rest of my political career"

January 4:
Town Hall in Brockton, MA
Town Hall in Quincy, MA
Campaign Fundraiser in Lynn, MA

January 5:
Town Hall in Denver, CO
Campaign Fundraiser in Denver, CO
Campaign Rally at University of Denver in Denver, CO

January 6:
Town Hall in Colorado Springs, CO
Campaign Rally at United States Air Force Academy
Town Hall in Aurora, CO

Excerpt from Town Hall meeting in Colorado Springs, CO:
Q:"What was your reaction to the death of George Bush?"
A:"People think that just because I left the Republican Party, that I cut all ties with every Republican. George was a very close friend to me, as we held a lot of the same beliefs. We both supported each other during our political careers, and it's shame not to see him on the campaign trail. I am upset that I wasn't invited to his funeral, but I am sure was an oversight"

January 7:
Town Hall in Fort Collins, CO
Campaign Rally at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO
Town Hall in Lakewood, CO

January 8:
Town Hall in Thornton, CO
Town Hall in Arvada, CO
Town Hall in Boulder, CO

January 9:
Campaign Rally at University of Colorado
Town Hall in Centennial, CO
Town Hall in Pueblo, CO
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
"Look, let's be frank, the Democrats have a problem with white people.  Whites are moving towards the Republicans at a fast rate and we have to do something about this.  I believe in a Democratic Party that transcends race.  I want to forge an alliance of whites, blacks, Hispanics, and all Americans that don't look at race as standing between us and our common goals of peace, freedom, and security."
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »

Debate Questions:

Opening Statement

"Good evening, people of Texas. I'm Governor Charlie Baker, and I am running for president. For almost twelve years now, Democrats have had control of the White House, not to mention control of the Senate for about half of that time, and look how that's ended up. In 2016, our party was almost hijacked by a xenophobic businessman who was willing to let Hillary Clinton just walk to the presidency. Thanks to that, we are now in what could very well be the deepest recession since the Great Depression. But there is no reason to believe this can't be fixed by sensible policies. When elected, I will cut taxes on sales and businesses to help them grow economically once again. I will also cut this insane amount of government spending enough so that money is not wasted. With these reforms, I am 100 percent confident that this recession will end once and for all and that we will not senselessly allow ourselves to rack up debt like the Obama and Clinton administrations have."

"What is your plan to win the Republican Primaries and be elected in November?"

"Some of you may not have known this yet, but I have visited every county in Iowa, every county in New Hampshire, and am currently in the process of visiting every county in the state of South Carolina. My plan is simple: I want to be able to meet as many voters as I can face to face, let them ask questions about me and my ideas for this country, just give them a more personal experience. You'll see many politicians these days just making a few speeches in a few big cities and nothing else, but I don't. I make sure to hold as many town halls as I can in as many places as possible, so that you can all learn more about me."

"What is your opinion on recently deceased President George W. Bush?"

"You know, sometimes, you'll hear liberal Democrats saying Bush wasn't a good president. That's a ridiculous notion right there. Bush made a number of important reforms to help the United States. He made tax cuts to encourage economic growth, just as I am planning to do. He was willing to toe the line on healthcare, but not bend to the will of the liberal Democratic machine. He helped the victims of the September 11th attacks and Hurricane Katrina, and showed us that it's possible to fight a war without completely ruining the country while doing so. In many ways, George W. Bush was an amazing president, and I would certainly take him over this Obama-Clinton Democratic dynasty any day of the millennium."

"You are being called a Massachusetts Moderate, similar to Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, and Mitt Romney. What is your response to these claims?"

"First of all, let's make this very clear. Comparing me to liberals like Governor Dukakis and Secretary Kerry is ridiculous, and making those claims would merely be lying to yourself. With that said, I did work with William Weld and Mitt Romney, but they would only be considered 'moderate' compared to the worrying direction people like Donald Trump and his supporters have been taking the Republican Party towards. I have always considered myself, first and foremost, a fiscal conservative, and all the policies I have implemented in Massachusetts have been fiscally conservative. Yes, some would call me a social moderate, but again, this is only due to the fact that the Republican Party has been driven further and further to the right. Overall, I would refer to myself as a sane, sensible conservative."
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »

bump
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2016, 06:35:49 PM »

Campaign Schedule

December 27     

Rally in Ottumwa, Iowa
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Town Hall in Sigourney, Iowa

December 28     

Fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Fundraiser in West Des Moines, Iowa

December 29     

Town Hall in Atlantic, Iowa
Rally in Atlantic, Iowa
Town Hall in Oakland, Iowa

“You haven’t outlined many foreign policy positions. What are some specifics of your policy?”
“Thank you for asking. I have outlined many positions on my website, and I’ll be happy to share some of my positions with you. First of all, I was calling for a lift on the embargo with Cuba back in 2009. This is one of the areas where John Edwards has a more conservative stance. I am also a big advocate of fair trade and have called for the US to be treated fairly in all of our trade agreements, which is also an issue where we differ. On the Middle East, I wholeheartedly oppose the Iraq War and believe we should only invade the Middle East with full cooperation from the United Nations. However, I would not be against supporting a nation’s own military and police force in order to maintain stability and democracy. I also believe that we should stand with our allies if they are attacked and maintain a relationship with our friends in the United Nations.”

December 30     

Town Hall in Avoca, Iowa
Town Hall in Walnut, Iowa
Town Hall in Elk Horn, Iowa

December 31     

Town Hall in Audubon, Iowa
Rally in Manning, Iowa
Town Hall in Defiance, Iowa

January 1        

Arrive in New Hampshire
Fundraiser in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire

January 2        

Arrive in Nevada
Fundraiser in Carson City, Nevada
Rally in Reno, Nevada

January 3        

Arrive in South Carolina
Fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina
Town Hall in Columbia, South Carolina

“How would you deal with the issue of police brutality?”
“It seems as if every day we hear another story of an unarmed man being shot by a police officer, a teen girl being manhandled, a woman being arrested for speeding and winding up dead the next day. The names and the stories keep piling up, and there are just so many of them. As president, limiting the use of force, training, and demilitarization of the police would be my top priorities. I would also push for the use of body cams and independent investigations in case events like the ones we constantly hear about still do occur.”

January 4        

Town Hall in Gaston, South Carolina
Town Hall in Swansea, South Carolina
Town Hall in North, South Carolina

January 5        

Arrive in Iowa
Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

January 6        

Town Hall in North Liberty, Iowa
Town Hall in Riverside, Iowa
Town Hall in Kalona, Iowa

“What is your opinion of Obamacare? Would you abandon it in order to pursue universal health care?”
“I think Obamacare is a wonderful program. It has given healthcare to millions of Americans, and I applaud Obama for passing it. I believe that we can expand Obamacare to cover even more people through it, and even covering more people through expanding other programs if I get elected. While preserving Obamacare in all of its glory, I think we can, over the course of eight years, turn our healthcare system into something that resembles universal healthcare. And I will be able to do this without raising taxes on the middle class.”

January 7        

Town Hall in Wellman, Iowa
Town Hall in North English, Iowa
Town Hall in Thornburg, Iowa

January 8        

Town Hall in What Cheer, Iowa
Town Hall in Montezuma, Iowa
Town Hall in Sully, Iowa

January 9        

Town Hall in Prairie City, Iowa
Town Hall in Pleasantville, Iowa
Town Hall in Pella, Iowa

Endorsements

Tammy Baldwin - “John Bel Edwards is not what the Democratic Party needs. The fact that he was open to defunding Planned Parenthood really is extremely troubling. He also has other views too conservative for the Democratic Party. The clear choice is Donna Edwards, who is, always has been, and always will fight for progressive causes.”

Barbara Boxer - “I’ve given this a lot of thought, and I have come to the conclusion that the best choice for president this year is Donna Edwards. There are a lot of reasons for this. But the tipping point was John Bel Edwards’ more conservative positions on issues such as abortion, trade, and gun control. These are not the opinions of a true liberal. Donna Edwards is pro-choice, supports fair trade, and common-sense gun control. This is who I want to vote for.”

John Lewis - ”President Clinton did not do anything she said she would do to help the African-American community. It has been greatly disappointing. But I have faith in Donna Edwards to create jobs, tackle poverty, and fix the problem of police violence which cannot be ignored and thankfully Donna Edwards is doing everything but ignoring it. She is the perfect candidate. She'd make a wonderful president, being the progressive that she is. The finest choice this election is Donna Edwards.”

Advertisements

Advertisement #013: Sensible Foreign Policy
“Hello, I’m Donna Edwards. I’m campaigning on a platform of a sensible foreign policy. It is sensible to believe that we should not invade the Middle East without the approval of the international community. It is realistic to believe that we should only occupy the Middle East to ensure stability and democracy. It is logical to believe that we should stand with our allies if they are in danger. It is obvious that the Iraq War is a big mistake. Since I believe all of these, doesn’t that make voting for Donna Edwards sensible?”
airs in:

Advertisement #016: What America Needs
“America needs many things to be done. As president, Donna Edwards will improve our education system and fight to lower the high price of college tuition. She will speak out and take action against the excessive use of force by police. She will create jobs by pushing for increased infrastructure and better trade deals that would bring back outsourced jobs. She will lower taxes on the lower classes of society. And Edwards will expand welfare, Medicare, and Social Security in order to give impoverished Americans the break that they need. Donna Edwards is the one who can do what America needs, so America needs Donna Edwards.
Airs in:
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -6.09

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2016, 08:26:33 PM »

Bumpity bump bump
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »

Opening Statement
"As you all know, my platform consists of three major planks: equality, helping families, and a sensible foreign policy. I support income equality between genders and LGBTQ equality. I support helping children get a high-quality education and helping their parents get a high-quality job. I will get us out of Iraq and make sure our military runs on strength, not size. Along with this comes other components of my campaign such as support for common-sense gun control, a woman's right to choose, and fair trade deals. However, I am now adding a fourth plank to my campaign platform. This plank is economic development. I will support a stimulus, progressive tax rates, and an expansion of Social Security in order to grow the economy. My campaign is built on progress. The future is being decided now. Make sure to vote for Donna Edwards."

What are your plans to get out of the recession and win in November despite President Clinton's lack of popularity?
"We are running a campaign of progress and change. This will inspire many voters to turn out, and it already is. I will also work with the Democratic Party in the general election in order to drive up voter turnout, not just for the presidential election, but also for down ballot races.
"And I have a proposal to fix our crumbling economy. This includes a stimulus package that will create jobs directly and give incentives to companies who will create more jobs. We will also create more jobs by expanding our infrastructure and transportation sectors while at the same time agreeing to fairer trade deals which will slow outsourcing and bring some outsourced jobs back to the United States. But there is one last issue with the economy that needs to be fixed. The amount of wealth inequality is unbelievable. The top 1% are getting 90% of new wealth. Under my economic plan, we will increase assistance to the poor, institute fair taxes, support unions, and raise the minimum wage, which has been proven to spur economic growth. Together we can change the path this country is on."

What is your view on the Iraq War?
"I never thought that the Iraq War was a good idea. Frankly, if we are going to invade a country, I think we ought to have serious reasons to do it. President Clinton had no reason to invade Iraq, especially after the first invasion harmed the region more than it helped. We will pull out of Iraq as quickly as possible once I am in the Oval Office. Military action isn’t necessarily the best course of action in most situations. War should always be on the table, but it should be the last option. Diplomacy to warmongering nations and humanitarian aid to struggling regions should be tried first. If a nation needs stability then we can give their military and police force better training without having our military intervene directly."

To lighten this up a bit, what's your favorite food? Would it be served in the White House, if you were elected?
"My favorite food is barbecued chicken. It’s very delicious. There is this one restaurant on Connecticut Avenue that my son took me to. They made great chicken. I ate it with my fingers. And yes, barbecued chicken would be served at the White House all the time when I am there."

Do you believe President Clinton has failed the black community?
"It depends on how you look at it. The way I see it, Hillary Clinton hasn’t directly harmed the African-American community. Instead, she has failed the African-American community through inaction and apathy. While running for president in 2016, Hillary Clinton promised racial justice, a healthy economy, criminal justice reform, and fixing the problems with certain police practices. None of these promises came true. We are still waiting for Hillary Clinton to deliver. It has been too long. As president, one of my top priorities will be to help the African-American community grow stronger and safer. An America which sends an African-American to prison for longer than a white person for the same offense is not the America I want. Nobody should want it. The problems we currently have aren’t going to solve themselves or be solved within four years. But I think that together we can make a lot of progress towards our goals. Together we can fight for a brighter future. This is what my campaign is about. And we will work to see it happen."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Bump. When will this be updated? Come on people, it's 2016.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies