The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread  (Read 14099 times)
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 05:05:40 AM »

Works for me.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21:18 AM »

Sounds v efficient!

Nice that our first PoV was from Team Dragonstone (Original); and I enjoyed the (accidental?) allusion to the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Sir Corbyn Winter of the Westerlands. (Is his keep called Discontent, ho ho...)
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »

Sweet - weekly updates would be fantastic.

Great to see some POVs, guys! I'll try my best to write one each week. Hopefully we get a few more willing writers too.

Quick Q: Are you planning on making each turn last six months? That seems rather long by my reckoning...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 10:51:20 AM »

Sounds v efficient!

Nice that our first PoV was from Team Dragonstone (Original); and I enjoyed the (accidental?) allusion to the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Sir Corbyn Winter of the Westerlands. (Is his keep called Discontent, ho ho...)

Funnily enough, Ser Corwyn Winter was unintended (lol), although I was toying with Shakespeare references for future chapters. Political satire is looking quite attractive as well...

Quick Q: Are you planning on making each turn last six months? That seems rather long by my reckoning...

Just my opinion, but given the context, isn't six months better for the early game? It could be less if a huge war breaks out, but due to the initial limits in characters and events, I'd say half a year makes perfect sense.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »

That was my thinking as well. During wartime the mid turn update will be more extensive, or we can switch to 4)3 month turns. Id like to see Harrenhal completed at one point Wink
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »

And on that note, mid turn will come to a close on Wednesday. Any pressing updates that would have occurred during the first 3 months will be there, though I imagine those will be few and far in between.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2016, 02:37:12 AM »

Ah so does this mean we can send in mid-turn orders?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2016, 03:59:15 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2016, 04:01:51 AM by leonardothered »

I suggest people get turn orders in as soon as possible, honestly. It will help with the flow and so I can get things ready faster; ideally I can end the new turn/midturn and begin the next immediately instead of having a big space between the two Wink

Obviously life intervenes and we can always change schedule if need be or go late, but I'm trying to give consistency aal degree of expectation

Changes to a turn are much easier than having to break it down piece by piece
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 01:54:14 PM »

I have my last final Thursday and won't be able to fully devote time to the game until after then.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 02:42:10 PM »

I have my last final Thursday and won't be able to fully devote time to the game until after then.

I'll probably update in Saturday afternoon, is that enough time?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »

The Mid-Turn is up, with whoever sent me orders for it. I think there were only 3-4 who had such orders so it's a bit short Cheesy

Let me know if there were any mistakes. Any orders not in the mid-turn will be detailed in the full turn update.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »

Also as a future note, please label the subject heading of turn orders clearly so I can find them. Debating on possibly creating another account just to collect turn orders but that may be a bit much...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »

Also to clarify, If you are married you will explicitly have to ask NOT to be attempting to have more children, as attempting to would be the default Smiley

Also by default your various Lord's might be fathering bastards unless specifically ordered not to be sleeping around
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2016, 05:33:12 PM by leonardothered »

Since finances are probably going to be more important than ever before in this game, I'm going to talk a bit about taxation rates, expenses, and bankruptcy.

All income effectively comes from feudal taxation since you don't receive any from septs/the seven and taxes from towns and cities are managed by their respective houses. You can be about 100,000 GD in the negative before truly needing to start making payment arrangements or borrow money from another house, NPC or player. Many houses are quite wealthy aside from Lords paramount, some even moreso such as House Hightower, Grafton, and Manderly. You can also take loans from multiple houses or from the juggernaut Iron Bank.

All taxes are set at 25% by default for all LPs, aside from Gardener who is at 20% post-war and Hoare who is at 30%, and the rate can be changed. Your income is about 1% of your starting funds for every 5% you collect in taxes aside from House Hoare, and expenses that you'd have at the start of the game for the royal guard and such are already covered. Expect army attrition to assert itself while in debt and if an army sits in one place too long after a certain size and in certain areas.

The financial stuff is just general guidelines; I'm pretty bad at math and will only loosely be keeping up with things, focusing more on big expenses and armies rather than every small spenditure and incomes. If you don't have any big expenses or armies, you can expect a boost to your funds at the start of a new turn. If it's not exact don't worry, if there is a big discrepancy let me know Cheesy

Finally, you can sustain about 1/4 of your total levies without expending more than your income. Above that, you will start bleeding gold in order to keep them supplied.

Hopefully I haven't added too much to my workload with this, but it should help add a sense of realism, and if its too complicated we'll nix it Grin
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2016, 09:17:38 AM »

Can I send my orders today?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »

Yeah turn doesn't end until the weekend
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »

Bout time to start wrapping things up

I may only have time to update tomorrow, so try and get those orders in asap Cheesy
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

Waited as long as I could to delay the turn; if you didn't get orders in your nation is basically in stasis and I'm going to have to consider replacing the player Sad
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »

Deciding to delay the turn a day or two. I don't really have time for this aside from the weekends, and if we want this to work people need to turn in orders on time. Running these can be a real commitment and I want to finish this one(and also in a timely manner) rather than seeing it fizzle out as they sometimes do, but that's not going to be possible without active players. Dereich had finals this week and even then found time to give a really detailed and thought out turn order. I can work with people if need be on turn schedule, but not without more communication; it doesn't help that I'm all 'raaaarghed' because today is mother's day lol

As of now I'm scouting around for replacements and I've already found one, sorry but it's not fair to the more active players to have the game thrown off balance.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

I don't know if basically having stuck to one's mid-turn stuff is enough to get one off the naughty chair or not!! Hope so tho'
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

I don't know if basically having stuck to one's mid-turn stuff is enough to get one off the naughty chair or not!! Hope so tho'

Lol it's first turn I wouldn't worry.

Its just important to get SOME plans into motion because some may take several turns to play out, and if a person drops then their house could be several turns behind the rest
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »

Here.
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »

I'll be taking over the Starks.
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »

I'm open for business. Let's talk.
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2016, 06:29:23 PM »

Sooo... I gotta get 10 posts, sorry for the spams.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies