Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton  (Read 1746 times)
yankeesfan
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2016, 01:04:09 PM by Likely Voter »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/23/politics/rosario-dawson-monica-lewinsky-hillary-clinton/

Outspoken Bernie Sanders surrogate Rosario Dawson said Saturday she stands with Monica Lewinsky's fight against bullying, and suggested that the Clinton campaign is engaging in such behavior.

"We are literally under attack for not just supporting the other candidate. Now I'm with Monica Lewinsky with this: bullying is bad. She's actually dedicated her life now to talking about that," Dawson said, before introducing the Vermont senator on-stage at a rally here.

It's absolutely disgusting. The lengths that crazy old man will go to get elected continue to shock me.
JRP1994

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »

1) Hillary Clinton is not responsible for her husband committing an affair and committing perjury attempting to cover it up.

2) What the Clintons did to Lewinsky is shameful. Tried to smear and threaten her before they knew she had evidence against them.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »

Ugh, not another one. These surrogates need some serious vetting. It's just stupid that they would bring this up.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:28:15 PM »

2) What the Clintons did to Lewinsky is shameful. Tried to smear and threaten her before they knew she had evidence against them.

What evidence did Monica Lewinsky have against Hillary Clinton?
JRP1994

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

What evidence did Monica Lewinsky have against Hillary Clinton?

Poor phrasing on my part. By "them", I mean Clinton and his people who were involved in the cover-up.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »

What, the Clinton's did to Lewinsky was despicable, yes.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »

LOL. But jfern told me Hillary's surrogates are much more vicious and meaner because they're sometimes critical of Bernie!

At this point, I think it's only a matter of time before one brings up Vince Foster or Benghazi.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:37:40 PM »

LOL. But jfern told me Hillary's surrogates are much more vicious and meaner because they're sometimes critical of Bernie!

At this point, I think it's only a matter of time before one brings up Vince Foster or Benghazi.

Do you think Bernie will hold a major rally along the White River in Flippen, AR?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 09:58:45 PM »

Bernie is becoming insufferable now.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 10:06:18 PM »

As a Bernie supporter, seeing all of his staff doing this... I'm almost forced to agree, if to an extent...
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 10:13:10 PM »

Before anyone say she's not the campaign, but a supporter and surrogate. She's campaigned for him pretty hard, holding events for Sanders. She's pretty much his campaign the same way Chelsea Clinton is part of Hillary's campaign.

I really hope she can go 5 for 5 on Tuesday and top it off with a Indiana squeaker. It's time for the Democrats at-large to pivot to the Republicans. Lets get Obama, Biden, Michelle and Jill on the trail. Lets start repairing Hillary's image while breaking down the Republican image. Bernie knows he can't win. HE KNOWS IT. So why continue, giving false hope to his supporters and further giving people on the left to spew vitriol at our eventual nominee? Move on, Bernie. End it gracefully.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 10:15:42 PM »

Collapse of message discipline is a classic sign of a campaign death spiral.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 10:18:07 PM »

Angry Angry

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 10:19:46 PM »

Except that it wasn't Bernie who said that. But it is annoying that some surrogates are saying things like this.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 10:45:09 PM »

One annoying thing about Trump winning the nom will be that we'll have to re-litigate this tedious bullsh**t from 20 years ago
Panda Express

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 01:25:32 AM »

The campaign is in its death throes. Hillary will have to repeatedly crush their spirit. Another Hilldawg beatdown in the form of a clean sweep on Tuesday should do the trick.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 01:30:47 AM »

One annoying thing about Trump winning the nom will be that we'll have to re-litigate this tedious bullsh**t from 20 years ago

This is a broader point that many people are missing, yes. While it's idiotic for this to come up during the primary, it's not actually going to do any real damage to her that wouldn't be done otherwise. It's going to be everywhere in the general, and it's going to be there whether Trump is the nominee or not (do people think non-Trump candidates won't drag all of it up?).
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »

These are the examples of despicable trolls of Hillary Super Pac which is spendng 1M $. The mods must ban the OP for lies & mis-information.

The Sanders campaign has nothing to do with this -> A Sanders supporter, Rosario Dawson says she has sympathy & pity for the online harassment faced by Monica & she did not deserved to be bullied that way. This is absolutely true & Monica herself said the slut shaming & the incessant attacks & bullying made her contemplate suicide.

Every decent human being should support this statement - People just see the headline & post dumb statements. Nowhere once does Sanders campaign attack Hillary for anything to do with Monica Lewinsky.

You paid trolls of the Super pacs should be ashamed of yourselves
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 02:10:18 AM »

This is a broader point that many people are missing, yes. While it's idiotic for this to come up during the primary, it's not actually going to do any real damage to her that wouldn't be done otherwise. It's going to be everywhere in the general, and it's going to be there whether Trump is the nominee or not (do people think non-Trump candidates won't drag all of it up?).

When the right brings it up, 60% of the country just says, oh whatever, another right-wing attack on Hillary's character, we've heard it all before.

When Sanders does it, that legitimizes it, because the source is one of their own rather than the enemy.

Of course, Sanders is actually the enemy here, because he's just playing the bitter old man using every last bullet.  But some people still see him as their left-wing savior, sadly.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 02:21:49 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2016, 02:24:56 AM by Lyin' Steve »

These are the examples of despicable trolls of Hillary Super Pac which is spendng 1M $. The mods must ban the OP for lies & mis-information.

The Sanders campaign has nothing to do with this -> A Sanders supporter, Rosario Dawson says she has sympathy & pity for the online harassment faced by Monica & she did not deserved to be bullied that way. This is absolutely true & Monica herself said the slut shaming & the incessant attacks & bullying made her contemplate suicide.

Every decent human being should support this statement - People just see the headline & post dumb statements. Nowhere once does Sanders campaign attack Hillary for anything to do with Monica Lewinsky.

Do you think everyone here is stupid?  If she wants to accuse Hillary Clinton of bullying (which is triple-layer-chocolate-cake rich coming from the Sanders camp) there's absolutely no reason to mention Monica Lewinsky.  Unless, of course, her real purpose is to create a news story by mentioning Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky in the same breath, triggering everyone's memories of the Lewinsky scandal and trying to tie the Hillary Clinton of 2016 back to the scandals of the 90s, while still giving herself an out to say "but all I wanted to do was support Monica Lewinsky's anti-bullying campaign!  Gosh why are Clinton people so paranoid?"

It's like Dawson thinks she's sly, but she's not.  She probably went back to the Sanders war room and said, gleefully, "did you see how I managed to slip Monica Lewinsky in there?" while John Weaver clapped and Tad Devine shook his head and sighed.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:02 AM »

Rosario Dawson has become really unhinged. After saying that Obama is a failed president because he didn't tweet enough any serious campaign would have sent her to Dick Cheney's undisclosed location.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:12 AM »

what's the problem here, exactly?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 02:50:07 AM »

Do you think everyone here is stupid?  If she wants to accuse Hillary Clinton of bullying (which is triple-layer-chocolate-cake rich coming from the Sanders camp) there's absolutely no reason to mention Monica Lewinsky.  Unless, of course, her real purpose is to create a news story by mentioning Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky in the same breath, triggering everyone's memories of the Lewinsky scandal and trying to tie the Hillary Clinton of 2016 back to the scandals of the 90s, while still giving herself an out to say "but all I wanted to do was support Monica Lewinsky's anti-bullying campaign!  Gosh why are Clinton people so paranoid?"

It's like Dawson thinks she's sly, but she's not.  She probably went back to the Sanders war room and said, gleefully, "did you see how I managed to slip Monica Lewinsky in there?" while John Weaver clapped and Tad Devine shook his head and sighed.

Pretty much this. If the primary in Wisconsin were today, I would be more likely to vote for Clinton instead. Bernie's staffers are doing so much damage to his campaign/image, and he's tacitly agreeing with their statements by not, at the least, personally disavowing them.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 03:07:35 AM »

Pretty much this. If the primary in Wisconsin were today, I would be more likely to vote for Clinton instead. Bernie's staffers are doing so much damage to his campaign/image, and he's tacitly agreeing with their statements by not, at the least, personally disavowing them.

I don't have any proof of it but I'm pretty sure a lot of these really dirty attacks or outright lies come from within the Sanders campaign and get distributed to the internet in a coordinated fashion.  Out of nowhere, in all sorts of different unrelated corners of the internet, I'll hear people suddenly start making the exact same attack using the exact same language.  Stuff like this usually takes time to propagate, so there's some core that's spreading the exact same attack line to dozens of different web outlets simultaneously when it's time for the attack to be rolled out.  The only other time I saw it happen with any other candidate was after John Oliver's Trump video, when every liberal got the exact same jokes and arguments to make at once and they all got repeated over and over all over the internet simultaneously.

Furthermore, I know for a fact that the Sanders campaign distributes templates for arguing and giving speeches at caucuses.  How do I know?  Because when I was at a caucus, I had a half-dozen different Bernie supporters come up to make making the exact same arguments, using the exact same opening lines, basically they were all following from the same argument flowchart that they'd memorized.  Then when it was time to give speeches the Bernie people all were reading off sheets of paper and the speeches coincided exactly with the arguments they were making earlier.

Also if you watch the media enough you start to notice people making the same arguments and following the same speech patterns or using the same lines in different corners of the media.  Both the Clinton and the Sanders camp do this, with their operatives and surrogates.  Unless you actually think these professional politicians are sending their mid-level staffers onto talk shows to have supposedly loose, unscripted conversations without thoroughly preparing them with a bunch of canned lines and responses for every argument.  So let's not act like the Bernie campaign isn't prepping these surrogates before sending them out to the rallies and talk shows to represent Bernie.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 03:15:04 AM »

So much for staying focused on the ishooze.  I'd rather hear Bernie rail on about the billionayuhs ad nauseum than listen to his campaign write ads for Donald Trump to use in the fall.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies