Is Trump still Hitler?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:08:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Trump still Hitler?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is he?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Is Trump still Hitler?  (Read 1289 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:33:27 PM »

I was going through my moderated posts history to try to see what happened to the Cruz/HW election I posted and remembered that a month or two ago all the democrats on this forum were very solemnly insisting that Trump was Hitler, putting forward what they believed were very reasonable arguments like "Trump makes people give pledges" or "he is against the civil rights of a minority group just like Hitler" or "he wants to set up concentration camps where he tortures and starves people before murdering them by the millions."

I wonder, now that Trump has mellowed out a bit, how many of you still think Trump is Hitler?  Has anyone changed their mind?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:45:24 PM »

I was going through my moderated posts history to try to see what happened to the Cruz/HW election I posted and remembered that a month or two ago all the democrats on this forum were very solemnly insisting that Trump was Hitler, putting forward what they believed were very reasonable arguments like "Trump makes people give pledges" or "he is against the civil rights of a minority group just like Hitler" or "he wants to set up concentration camps where he tortures and starves people before murdering them by the millions."

I wonder, now that Trump has mellowed out a bit, how many of you still think Trump is Hitler?  Has anyone changed their mind?

A zebra doesn't change its stripes, Steve
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:50:33 PM »

Yes. Just because he'd rather talk about his tax plan right now doesn't make him any less horrible.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »

He was never Hitler in the first place.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 07:44:06 AM »

People who compare Trump to Hitler don't have a clear understanding of either individual. In addition, it's more than a little scary to see the effectiveness of hammering on a point until it becomes embedded in the corporate consciousness of a population, and folks begin to parrot the point without giving it any thought whatsoever.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »

The only person who is Hitler is Hitler.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »

He never was.

That comparison is ridiculous. Hitler was a war criminal and mas murder. TRUMP is a smart guy, who is just not politically correct.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

I wonder, now that Trump has mellowed out a bit, how many of you still think Trump is Hitler?  Has anyone changed their mind?

1.) It is not only "all the democrats on this forum" who made comparisons of trump and Hitler. There are many Independents and some Republicans even, who attached trump to xenophobia, hatred and bigotry (in essence a "Hitler-ish" label). For some people, it is easier for them to accept and process these comparisons, if they can blame it ALL on the opposite side ("the democrats" as you say).

2.) I don't remember reading on this forum, anyone saying trump "wants to set up concentration camps where he tortures and starves people before murdering them by the millions." Can you please paste the quote attached to the Atlas member. And if said, this must be from just one wacked-out individual ; nothing that is "more-widely" viewed or accepted.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »

drumpf is still a fascist
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »

But yes .... Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer is still considered "Hitler-ish."

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »

I don't like Trump, but he's not Hitler.  He doesn't propose that we exterminate entire groups of people, nor does he advocate occupying neighboring countries.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »

Trump is accurately described as a fascist, yes. He's more Mussolini than Hitler though.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

Trump will (thankfully) never be in charge of a country, so no.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 06:43:31 PM »

I don't like Trump, but he's not Hitler.  He doesn't propose that we exterminate entire groups of people, nor does he advocate occupying neighboring countries.

He does indeed advocate exterminating entire groups of people:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And he doesn't propose occupying Canada or Mexico, but rather Iraq and other nations:

Trump is terrible, and anyone supporting him, under any circumstances whatsoever, is doing a terrible, awful thing.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 06:51:39 PM »

He does indeed advocate exterminating entire groups of people:

And he doesn't propose occupying Canada or Mexico, but rather Iraq and other nations:

Trump is terrible, and anyone supporting him, under any circumstances whatsoever, is doing a terrible, awful thing.

Excellent points, with actual quotes directly from Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer's mouth, himself.
I agree .... anyone supporting trump is a fool.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 06:58:51 PM »

Trump is accurately described as a fascist, yes. He's more Mussolini than Hitler though.

Wouldn't post-fascist be yet more accurate than fascist?  Unlike 20th century Fascist revolutionaries and like National Front and similar European parties, he doesn't advocate establishing dictatorial rule in place of present institutions, but rather, pushing democracy to its limits within a country's present constitutional framework.

Also, I probably should have been more careful with my phraseology, but yes, your rebuttals are valid.  He still does not strike me as Hitleresque, though.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »

I think it's very insulting to the victims of actual fascism to call Donald Trump a fascist.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »

As quoted from CNN article :

Oil tycoon and conservative mega-donor Charles Koch (the Koch Brothers) had kind words for both Bill and Hillary Clinton in an interview Sunday, saying there was an outside chance he could support her (Hillary) in November.

... But Charles Koch has blasted Republican front-runner Donald Trump throughout the Republican contest. He kept up the fire Sunday, when he compared Trump's call to create a Muslim registry to Nazi Germany.
"I mean, this isn't Nazi Germany.
I mean, that's monstrous as I said at the time. So, obviously we totally oppose that," Koch told ABC.

Full article link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

So even the Koch Brothers compare trump to the Nazis !
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 07:44:58 PM »

Of course he's not Hitler, but he's not that much better.
dax00

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »

I think it's very insulting to the victims of actual fascism to call Donald Trump a fascist.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »

Trump's philosophical juggernaut has already passed through Hitler, and is now well into post-Hitler abstract expressionism.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »

He never was.

That comparison is ridiculous. Hitler was a war criminal and mas murder. TRUMP is a smart guy, who is just not politically correct.

There are not enough eye roll smilies in the world.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 08:18:25 PM »

He never was.

There are not enough eye roll smilies in the world.

LOL. An "eye roll" compliments of Judge Judy coming right up ..........

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 09:09:52 PM »

Hitler wishes he were as great as Drumpf.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies