Austin tries to rename elementary school: goes poorly (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:18:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Austin tries to rename elementary school: goes poorly (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austin tries to rename elementary school: goes poorly  (Read 3449 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: April 24, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »

Robert E. Lee was the greatest American general in history and deserves much more respect than he's given these days. Instead of whitewashing history into what makes people feel good, history should be preserved in a fair, even-handed way.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 04:50:13 PM by Santander »

Robert E. Lee was the greatest American general in history and deserves much more respect than he's given these days. Instead of whitewashing history into what makes people feel good, history should be preserved in a fair, even-handed way.
Did you go to Benedict Arnold High School by any chance or do you just like traitorous scum?
Regardless of what you think about the Civil War, Lee was a great general, and as mentioned by Kingpoleon, was simply loyal to Virginia before the Union, which was a common attitude at the time. In my opinion, and those of many non-Southern historians, Lee was a greater general than Winfield Scott, Ulysses Grant, or any other general that fought under the US flag.

And yes, since I was born British, I've always considered Benedict Arnold to be a hero.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies