2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:57:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26
Author Topic: 2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections  (Read 64951 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »

HA wow.
kyc0705

« Reply #426 on: July 03, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »

This article detailing the sheer f**ckery of Christie's beach visit today is a perfect encapsulation of how he both has no ethical fortitude and really doesn't give a crap anymore.

https://thinkprogress.org/amp/p/2c4d47384129

I want to have the election and get Christie out of office like right now. Well, actually in two days, because then I'll be 18 and I can vote in it.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2017, 08:49:22 PM »

I'm kind of surprised how forceful she is, but at the same time beating up on Christie is really the only way she'll have a chance.

It she had a morsel of courage she would resign from his administration now. Acting like she's independent will seem fake to many voters, but it's better than being tied to Christie for the rest of the campaign
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

I'm kind of surprised how forceful she is, but at the same time beating up on Christie is really the only way she'll have a chance.

It she had a morsel of courage she would resign from his administration now. Acting like she's independent will seem fake to many voters, but it's better than being tied to Christie for the rest of the campaign

If Guadagno resigned from his administration, it would hurt the NJGOP's enthusiasm in November. Christie still has some loyalists in NJ, but I wonder who they are other than Jon Bramnick and Kevin O'Toole. What a state I live in.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #429 on: July 03, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »

This article detailing the sheer f**ckery of Christie's beach visit today is a perfect encapsulation of how he both has no ethical fortitude and really doesn't give a crap anymore.

https://thinkprogress.org/amp/p/2c4d47384129

I want to have the election and get Christie out of office like right now. Well, actually in two days, because then I'll be 18 and I can vote in it.

Voter registration forms are available. Lt. Gov. Guadagno is also the current NJ Secretary of State.
http://www.njelections.org/voting-information.html#vrf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_State_of_New_Jersey
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #430 on: July 04, 2017, 12:42:44 AM »

Business that depend on beach tourism are mad at Christie, so she might be trying to get their votes.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #431 on: July 04, 2017, 03:08:06 AM »

If Guadagno resigned from his administration, it would hurt the NJGOP's enthusiasm in November. Christie still has some loyalists in NJ, but I wonder who they are other than Jon Bramnick and Kevin O'Toole. What a state I live in.

The man has a 15% approval rating, how many loyalists could he have?
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #432 on: July 04, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »

Roughly even odds I would say on Shavonda Sumter and Chris Christie being selected as Murphy's running mate.

Why? Murphy might not be the best Democrat out there, but he's not some stupid cartoon villain like Christie is.

Also, publicunofficial, why did you have to ruin the chain of colorful NJ avatars?
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #433 on: July 13, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »

Roughly even odds I would say on Shavonda Sumter and Chris Christie being selected as Murphy's running mate.

Why? Murphy might not be the best Democrat out there, but he's not some stupid cartoon villain like Christie is.

Also, publicunofficial, why did you have to ruin the chain of colorful NJ avatars?

It's a joke, in the sense that Christie is helping Murphy win this race more than anyone else. I generally like Murphy though.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #434 on: July 14, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »

http://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2017/07/12/poll-murphy-leads-guadagno-by-27-points-113337
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »

RNC won’t back NJ gubernatorial candidate over criticism of Trump: report

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/342730-rnc-wont-back-new-jersey-governor-candidate-over-loyalty-report

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh well. I suppose it doesn't matter, since she really does not have much of a chance at winning anyway. In fact, it's quite possible that Murphy's consistently monstrous lead factored into them staying out of the race.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/342730-rnc-wont-back-new-jersey-governor-candidate-over-loyalty-report

Oh well. I suppose it doesn't matter, since she really does not have much of a chance at winning anyway. In fact, it's quite possible that Murphy's consistently monstrous lead factored into them staying out of the race.
Pretty ridiculous they're being reluctant to support her over her loyalty towards Trump, especially this late when the presidential election has long past. It's not if she supports the President, it will help her win the race or bring a more positive image to the GOP. In fact, why should any candidate of any party feel obligated to support any other nominee (presidential or not) in order to receive the rest of the party's support?

I'm pretty sure that Guadagno had a legitimate reason(s) not to publicly endorse Trump and her party should respect that.

However, I'm not at all surprised.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »

What the f***

Why

RNC is run by idiots. I talk about how I don't like the Tea Party not endorsing Republicans but now the f***ing party isn't?!?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »

Guadagno is probably finished anyways. With the RNC and the RGA not helping her, and the NJGOP potentially not helping either, this could be a blowout.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/without_christies_top_fundraiser_guadagno_looks_to.html

Voter turnout may be very low in November, if it is Advantage Murphy, but Guadagno will continue to talk about property taxes.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »

RNC is run by idiots. I talk about how I don't like the Tea Party not endorsing Republicans but now the f***ing party isn't?!?

Occasionally personal rivalries overwhelm the prevailing desire to win. Didn't Jolly's (R-FL) shenanigans get him (sort of) cut off in 2016?

Either way, I would expect these types of slights to increase under Trump, especially if he pays more attention to next year's election. Part of the reason his administration has so many unfilled positions is because he refuses to pick anyone who sad anything bad about him during the election. Now that he has control of the party, he can extend his grudges even further.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »

Phil Murphy could win Morris County, the first Democratic gubernatorial nominee to win red Morris in a long time.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »

Maybe Guadagno could run for House against Frank Pallone in NJ-6 (my congressional district) next year in 2018 or run for Senate in 2018 or 2020.

Or, her political career could be potentially over.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »

Jack Ciattarelli would probably have not gotten money from Trump and the RNC either. Ciattarelli wanted Trump to step aside in October 2016 after his sex comments towards women.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/10/right-wingers_are_furious_with_republican_gubernat.html

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »

Occasionally personal rivalries overwhelm the prevailing desire to win. Didn't Jolly's (R-FL) shenanigans get him (sort of) cut off in 2016?

Either way, I would expect these types of slights to increase under Trump, especially if he pays more attention to next year's election. Part of the reason his administration has so many unfilled positions is because he refuses to pick anyone who sad anything bad about him during the election. Now that he has control of the party, he can extend his grudges even further.
Not sure about Jolly, but a candidate like Guadagno running for a big office shouldn't be denied cash
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »

Phil Murphy could win Morris County, the first Democratic gubernatorial nominee to win red Morris in a long time.

Interesting. Do you have an idea on how folks in Morris feel about this race?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2017, 06:42:50 PM »

Didn't they endorse Ed?  He doesn't seem like that big a fan of Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #446 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:58 PM »

I know a couple of people from Morris, it's a wealthy, Wall Street trader suburban bedroom community place, and it's also Christie's home. Murphy could win the county if Guadagno gets low and unenthusiastic turnout from the GOP. I don't think Trump supporters would vote for her.
jman123
« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2017, 07:44:06 PM »

I know a couple of people from Morris, it's a wealthy, Wall Street trader suburban bedroom community place, and it's also Christie's home. Murphy could win the county if Guadagno gets low and unenthusiastic turnout from the GOP. I don't think Trump supporters would vote for her.

I know quite a  few lot of trump supporters in Jersey. They are either voting third party or not voting.  They can't stand Guadagno.  Guadagno is a weak candidate IMO
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2017, 07:52:02 PM »

I know quite a  few lot of trump supporters in Jersey. They are either voting third party or not voting.  They can't stand Guadagno.  Guadagno is a weak candidate IMO

The NJGOP should have ran Ciattarelli or Hirsh Singh, then. Ha!
jman123
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »

I know quite a  few lot of trump supporters in Jersey. They are either voting third party or not voting.  They can't stand Guadagno.  Guadagno is a weak candidate IMO

The NJGOP should have ran Ciattarelli or Hirsh Singh, then. Ha!

Trump supporters generally supported Rogers and Rullo in state primary.   But yes I can definitely see Morris county flipping
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies