Sanders blames the poor's turnout for his losses; facts say otherwise (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:17:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders blames the poor's turnout for his losses; facts say otherwise (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders blames the poor's turnout for his losses; facts say otherwise  (Read 2337 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« on: April 24, 2016, 10:32:55 PM »

If you block for race, I'm sure he does much better with the poor.

Yeah, Sanders is easily winning the lower-income white vote, but we don't live in a white-only society so that's just a data point and doesn't say much anything about the lower-income vote at all.

I think he means across the entire spectrum. So what Jfern is saying is that he's doing better with poor African-Americans then he is doing with African-Americans as a whole, he's doing better with poor whites than he's doing with whites as a whole, etc. (I'm not necessarily agreeing as I really don't know, just clarifying.)

Also:

No personal responsibility from this guy, just like his rabid college kid fans. Blames everyone for his problems and failures but himself. SAD!

As crude as Lief's comment is, I really agree. The problem isn't that group XYZ didn't turn out, it's that Sanders didn't, or couldn't, turn them out. It's kind of like complaining about someone not understanding the importance of voting. It's not really their fault if you didn't inform them, and if you did and they still didn't get it, then they wouldn't have voted for you anyway. It's kind of like wondering why high-school students don't value doing their homework when it's never made clear to them why it will be important when applying to College. Either those kids don't care about College, or they were never told why in the world it matters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies