各位帮我修改作文
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  各位帮我修改作文
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 各位帮我修改作文  (Read 408 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:02:05 AM »

Are there any mistakes in my writing? Could you please help me corret them?

Smart phones are used more and more widely in our daily life. On the one hand, we can find a certain place with the help of smart phones. We can also use them to take a taxi. Besides, they can be used to take family photos or videos. On the other hand, some smart-phone behaviors are not only unwise but also dangerous.

For example, we should not listen to music on them while we are walking on a busy street. For health reason, we should turn off smart phones in our sleeping time. I think we should spend more time with our family members rather than with smart phones. And we should also reduce the screen time to protect eyes.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:58 AM »

Are there any mistakes in my writing? Could you please help me correct them?

Smart phones are used more and more widely in our daily life. On the one hand, we can find a certain place with the help of smart phones. We can also use them to take a taxi. Besides, they can be used to take family photos or videos.

On the other hand, some smart-phone behaviors are not only unwise but also dangerous. For example, we should not listen to music on them while we are walking on a busy street. For health reasons, we should turn off smart phones in our sleeping time. I think we should spend more time with our family members rather than with smart phones. And we should also reduce the screen time to protect eyes.

Your English is better than you think it is. You just had two spelling mistakes.
Besides is italicized because I would have used another word out phrase in its place, such as "in addition" or "furthermore."
In addition, the last sentence of the first paragraph fits better in the second paragraph because both are proving the same point.
So, you can do better, but you're also doing really well.
v0031
China
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »

Thank you very much.

And this one:

Nowadays, more and more internet language can be seen and heard. Some people worry about this. They think it sometimes causes misunderstandings. Some old people find it really hard to understand internet language. But some people like using internet language. They like it because it is fashionable and creative. It’s also much easier for young people to communicate.

In my opinion, if we are willing to learn new things, then internet language won’t be a big problem to us. The world is changing quickly, including our language. So we don’t have to worry about the increasing use of internet language.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »

Thank you very much.

And this one:

Nowadays, more and more internet language can be seen and heard. Some people worry about this because they think it sometimes causes misunderstandings. Some old people find it really hard to understand internet language, but some people like using internet language because it is fashionable, creative, and much easier for young people to communicate.

In my opinion, if we are willing to learn new things, then internet language won’t be a big problem to us. The world is changing quickly, including our language. So we don’t have to worry about the increasing use of internet language.

You don't have to use as many sentences, rather, compound sentences can be used. You don't have to do this, but most people do. I bolded the areas where I put two sentences together. The first time I did this, I used a transition word: because. The second time, I combined four sentences together to create a larger sentence. This is how I would phrase it. It may seem like a bit much to a non-native English speaker, though.

Another thing that needs work is your word choice. You used the word "some" a lot, and it sounds repetitive. These instances are underlined. Instead, you could have used "a few" to change things.

The second paragraph was good. You're doing fine.
v0031
China
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 10:15:40 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2016, 11:04:53 PM by v0031 »

Thanks.
And this:

Air pollution is becoming more and more serious these years, so some people suggest we should stop setting fireworks. They think it’s a bad custom. It not only troubles other people but also brings danger. But some people don’t think so. They believe it’s a Chinese tradition with a long history. It makes us much happier on traditional festivals.

In my opinion, we shouldn’t set fireworks anymore. If a tradition causes air pollution, noise pollution and even big fires, then we should surely stop it!
v0031
China
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 06:01:03 AM »

Chinese and American middle school students spend their  summer vacations differently. Chinese students have fewer choices. In order to get better grades, many of them are forced to go to extra classes. And homework takes much of their time. Some of them stay at home and play computer or mobile phone games.
Compared to Chinese students, American students can spend their summer vacations much more happily. They can take volunteer activities. They can also take part-time jobs. They do lots of sports for fun. They have little homework.
As for me, I like to take a trip to foreign countries. I think Chinese students have too much pressure. Parents and teachers shouldn’t give so much homework to them. Summer vacation is a time to relax.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies