So I went to Hillary's rally in Philly...(and her victory party!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:15:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I went to Hillary's rally in Philly...(and her victory party!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I went to Hillary's rally in Philly...(and her victory party!)  (Read 1063 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:28:34 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2016, 02:26:28 AM by IceSpear »

They had Gov. Wolf there, and he was apparently pointing at something, but I was too busy trying to take a picture to notice.

I took some pics with some other Hillbots:

The mayor, Jim Kenney, introduced Hillary as "Fight Song" played. She looked very happy. Must've been that yuge NY win. Smiley http://tinypic.com/r/9gx6dl/9

Hilldawg doing her thing:

Some guy blocking my view of Hilldawg:

She had the standard stump speech. Loud applause lines when talking about gun control, LGBT rights, and equal pay for women. She didn't mention Bernie, but she did mention Trump and Cruz a few times, which elicited a chorus of boos.

I got to shake her hand in the rope line but couldn't get a selfie since too many people were in front of me. Unfortunately, she didn't have a badass "I'M SICK OF IT! SICK OF IT!" moment from what I saw, but there were 3 Berniebros outside holding a banner that said "Corrupt." I'm sure they changed many hearts and minds.

Anyway, I had a good time.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:46:31 PM »

Wow, thanks for the invite. Don't worry about me.

Glad you had fun at least! Smiley
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »

Wow. You got a pretty good view. I'm always in the far back at rallies, even when it's Joe Schmo running for city council.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:20:18 PM »

Wow, thanks for the invite. Don't worry about me.

Glad you had fun at least! Smiley

Next time I'll be sure to ask if any Atlasians are present or interested. Tongue

Wow. You got a pretty good view. I'm always in the far back at rallies, even when it's Joe Schmo running for city council.

It wasn't a very big crowd, so that helped. I was stuck in a crap spot until some management guy shuffled a few of us lucky ones to a better vantage point.

Oh yeah, Bob Brady and Ed Rendell were there too. The whole Philly dream team, besides the indicted Chaka Fattah. The crowd loved Rendell, seemingly far more than they loved Wolf, which was interesting.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »

IceSpear is a real person? *faints*
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:23:57 PM »

It wasn't a very big crowd, so that helped. I was stuck in a crap spot until some management guy shuffled a few of us lucky ones to a better vantage point.

Oh yeah, Bob Brady and Ed Rendell were there too. The whole Philly dream team, besides the indicted Chaka Fattah. The crowd loved Rendell, seemingly far more than they loved Wolf, which was interesting.

Same thing happened when I went in '14! Like exactly that, and the rally was for Wolf! Such fond memories of the native Philadelphian! (Plus Wolf can't exactly speak enthusiastically.) Snowstalker shared Rendell's gubernatorial primary map on IRC - quite the beautiful thing! What a fantastic divide!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 11:37:59 PM »

Same thing happened when I went in '14! Like exactly that, and the rally was for Wolf! Such fond memories of the native Philadelphian! (Plus Wolf can't exactly speak enthusiastically.) Snowstalker shared Rendell's gubernatorial primary map on IRC - quite the beautiful thing! What a fantastic divide!

Was the one you went to at City Hall as well?

And yeah, who doesn't love it when we crush the West and the sticks? Wink Well, unless you're a Republican I guess...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »

Was the one you went to at City Hall as well?

And yeah, who doesn't love it when we crush the West and the sticks? Wink Well, unless you're a Republican I guess...

Trying to remember, it was a building (November elections kinda require that)...I wanna say Constitution Center...somewhere east.

And I'm a regionalist over (almost) any ideology Smiley
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »

It's funny, I just got done canvassing for Bernie in Lancaster the other day and just happened to walk outside a Coffee Shop that Bill made a campaign stop. I was standing a few feet away from him. I was wearing a Bernie sticker and should have taken a picture with him, I could have become a meme.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »

You went to Hillary's what?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

Yes.  Utterly frightening.  Thankfully, IceMan's strategically-shot close-in shots would have it seem attendance did not crack 1,000.  Must've been BINGO night at community centre. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »

Yes.  Utterly frightening.  Thankfully, IceMan's strategically-shot close-in shots would have it seem attendance did not crack 1,000.  Must've been BINGO night at community centre. 

Meh, you can take the yuge rallies, I'll take the win. Seems like a fair trade, right? Wink
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »

Meh, you can take the yuge rallies, I'll take the win. Seems like a fair trade, right? Wink

Yea, I'll take the enthusiasm all day, but as I tell the Hillbots in my own family; you might think you're "winning", but when Ms. Clinton sells you down the river I shalt not be the shoulder for you to cry on.   
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »

Yea, I'll take the enthusiasm all day, but as I tell the Hillbots in my own family; you might think you're "winning", but when Ms. Clinton sells you down the river I shalt not be the shoulder for you to cry on.   

Can't wait until you become a Hillary hack after she brings the GOP to heel. Smiley
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »

Can't wait until you become a Hillary hack after she brings the GOP to heel. Smiley

I probably would, but that's not happening.  The GOP leadership is more well-funded than "super-predators".
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »

Hillary and fight song are quite the cringy combination.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »

I have the same shirt.  Hillary looks really short!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:30 AM »

So I went to her victory party as well. I talked to a few people in line, most of them liked Bernie as well as Hillary. One lady traveled all the way from NH (I should've asked her if she was an angry NH woman...) One guy was wearing a Dukakis shirt. It seems Hillary really does attract the Dem faithful. One guy was from NJ, and after some Christie bashing we agreed that the one good thing he did was destroy Marco Rubio's campaign.

As I got in, I really did notice the gays love Hillary. The gays were everywhere! It was Rick Santorum's worst nightmare. Anyway, I recorded video of poll closing times at 8 PM, hoping to catch PA. As they called PA/CT/MD for Trump there was a chorus of boos, then a loud cheer for MD for Hillary, though there was some disappointment PA wasn't called right away from what I heard. Here's a video of this: http://sendvid.com/xosqhf7y

More Trump calls, more boos. I was furiously refreshing my phone during this, and saw Bernie was likely to win RI. So I didn't bother to record CNN's impending projection, since I was 99% sure it was RI for Bernie. But it was PA! WTF?! Why bother calling it when only 2% is in if you're not going to call it immediately? CNN sucks.

Hillary comes up to "Eye of the Tiger." I have to say enthusiasm here was quite high. Guess the media lied about that, big shocker! Anyway, it was one of her best speeches I'm seen, though maybe I'm just biased from being there in person. She was very gracious to Bernie (who got cheers) but was clearly pivoting towards the general as well. We all laughed and booed when she talked about Trump saying she played "the woman card", then we exploded in applause when she said "if that's playing the woman card, deal me my hand right now!" (or something to that effect.)

Anyway, here's some pics. Myself, Hilldawg, and the trio of Casey, Wolf, and Bill.

Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 02:38:42 AM »

Sounds like you had a much more jubilant night then I IceSpeer
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »

Do you live in Lancaster? Maybe you helped that county go for Bernie at least. Tongue
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »

Fear not, Zen.  Your conscious shall be clean when the bombs fall.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »

Nice. I think it's always invigorating to see the candidates in person. Me and my family traveled 9 hours from WI to see Bernie in IA last May. I really enjoyed the experience (especially because it was a steak dinner event).
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 03:53:10 PM »

Do you live in Lancaster? Maybe you helped that county go for Bernie at least. Tongue

hehehe, don't I wish. Maybe
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »

Fear not, Zen.  Your conscious shall be clean when the bombs fall.

truth
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 06:35:21 PM »

I love the liberty bell as a metaphor for Hillary.  It's cracked.  Anyway, it seems like you had a good time.  Congrats on the win.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies