I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:36:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016  (Read 1655 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »

After some reflection and a conversation with a close friend, I've come to the conclusion that Ted Cruz's support for laws that allow LGBT discrimination and regulate bathroom usage by people who do not conform to the gender binary disqualify him from receiving my general election vote. Because the Republican candidate for President will certainly be either Cruz or trump, my general election presidential vote will be going to either Hillary Clinton or (more probably) Gary Johnson.

I'm going to continue to support Cruz over trump in the primaries; trump is so comically awful that supporting pretty much anyone over him is completely justified. This requires no effort on my part since my state has already voted and I'm much too poor to donate to any candidate; I'll just continue posting here and occasionally half-heartedly trolling on AAD. For the record, I remain very confident that Cruz is on track to win Indiana, do decently well in California, and win the nomination at a contested convention.

Downballot, I'll continue to vote straight-ticket Republican; my inner-city vote for the House and the state legislature is meaningless, but Rob Portman continues to have my enthusiastic support. I may volunteer to phone-bank or something for his campaign, to assuage my conscience in enabling the Democrats to take over the Supreme Court.

Thanks for listening to my rants, I needed somewhere to vent Tongue
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:19:33 PM »

Thank you for not supporting Cruz and helping us defeat Strickland! Glad to be aligned once again! (even though I guess we disagree on why Cruz is awful Tongue)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:25:11 PM »

Well...that's unexpected. I would've expected you to be with Cruz to the bitter end considering you've probably been his biggest supporter here.

But excellent news! Congrats on leaving the dark side. Only one more R-IL domino left to fall to Hilldawg. They're dropping like flies. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:17 PM »

You filthy traitor! Lord Cruz will not forgive this.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:25:54 AM »

Sad

Cruz is absolutely excellent.  He's great on all the issues, but I understand your perspective. Glad you'll at least be voting GOP downballot though.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:06 AM »

I wholeheartedly encourage you to vote for Gary Johnson over Hillary Clinton.

Also, Antonio, ironic Cruz supporting? Really? Eh, I've seen worse. Tongue
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:33:26 AM »

Really, you chose to be a troll supporter for the filth of a horrible human being that the rat Ted Cruz is.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 01:35:25 AM »

Really, you chose to be a troll supporter for the filth of a horrible human being that the rat Ted Cruz is.

Even if I didn't wasn't a Cruz fan, the fact that the Northeast dislikes him is a testament to his character.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:12 AM »

Well...that's unexpected. I would've expected you to be with Cruz to the bitter end considering you've probably been his biggest supporter here.

But excellent news! Congrats on leaving the dark side. Only one more R-IL domino left to fall to Hilldawg. They're dropping like flies. Wink

Hillary herself was the original (R)-Illinois domino to fall.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 06:52:34 AM »

Cuck. This is what you signed up for when you joined the Republican Party.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 07:04:28 AM »

I will be voting Cruz if he is the nominee, but I understand your perspective and agree about the transgender bathroom thing.

I'm also voting Gary Johnson if Trump is the nominee.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 07:36:36 AM »

my general election presidential vote will be going to either Hillary Clinton or (more probably) Gary Johnson.
Welcome aboard!  Your care package should arrive in the mail in the coming days.  It will contain all you need to complete your transformation.  A joint, a rainbow sticker, a copy of John Stossel's newest book, a subscription to Reason and a coupon for 20% off your next ammo purchase at Whaky Karl's Guns and Ammo Emporium.  Hating women and minorities is optional, but discouraged.  Hating Churchies and Hippies is also optional, but totally encouraged.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 08:57:23 AM »

Aren't a majority of the blue avatars, or those with other avatars that have views similar to blue avatars, planning on not voting for Trump in the General if he is the nominee? Vosem I think is just joining the mass exodus.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »

Even if I didn't wasn't a Cruz fan, the fact that the Northeast dislikes him is a testament to his character.

You live in a place with San Francisco Values, which are arguably the worst in the whole country. Tongue West Coast liberalism destroys. The east coast values our history.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »

I can't believe the BATHROOM ISSUE has got Vosem betraying CRUZ! The shame of it all!!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »

I can't believe the BATHROOM ISSUE has got Vosem betraying CRUZ! The shame of it all!!

You're not very good at this style of forum self aggrandisement. Just saying Smiley
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »

Aren't a majority of the blue avatars, or those with other avatars that have views similar to blue avatars, planning on not voting for Trump in the General if he is the nominee? Vosem I think is just joining the mass exodus.

I'm planning to vote for Trump if he is the nominee (and I am one of the most vocal anti-Trumps in the primary), and I suspect that a lot of those who say they won't will at the end of the day.  I could never vote for Johnson either, because there is actually very little, other than economics and guns, that I agree with him on.  He offers nothing for a pro-life, pro-man-woman-marriage, anti-drug, pro-NSA, etc. Republican.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »

The mass exodus you are talking about Torie will eventually consist of only one person - you. I fully expect these youngsters to reconsider their position and eventually decide to vote for Trump.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »

The mass exodus you are talking about Torie will eventually consist of only one person - you. I fully expect these youngsters to reconsider their position and eventually decide to vote for Trump.

If so, fickle and feckless are they. I will be most disappointed, if the blue avatars in question do a 180 like that. But I don't expect to be disappointed!  Smiley
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »

I will be voting Cruz if he is the nominee, but I understand your perspective and agree about the transgender bathroom thing.

I'm also voting Gary Johnson if Trump is the nominee.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »

I probably won't vote Republican ever because of their shunning if libertarian ideals.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »

Funny how the bathroom issue has some people on this forum leaving both Trump and Cruz, but for the opposite reasons.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »

After some reflection and a conversation with a close friend, I've come to the conclusion that Ted Cruz's support for laws that allow LGBT discrimination and regulate bathroom usage by people who do not conform to the gender binary disqualify him from receiving my general election vote. Because the Republican candidate for President will certainly be either Cruz or trump, my general election presidential vote will be going to either Hillary Clinton or (more probably) Gary Johnson.

I'm going to continue to support Cruz over trump in the primaries; trump is so comically awful that supporting pretty much anyone over him is completely justified. This requires no effort on my part since my state has already voted and I'm much too poor to donate to any candidate; I'll just continue posting here and occasionally half-heartedly trolling on AAD. For the record, I remain very confident that Cruz is on track to win Indiana, do decently well in California, and win the nomination at a contested convention.

Downballot, I'll continue to vote straight-ticket Republican; my inner-city vote for the House and the state legislature is meaningless, but Rob Portman continues to have my enthusiastic support. I may volunteer to phone-bank or something for his campaign, to assuage my conscience in enabling the Democrats to take over the Supreme Court.

Thanks for listening to my rants, I needed somewhere to vent Tongue

All the feels, dear Vosem.

I recently found out what it is like to feel you can no longer belong to/tow the line of the party you've been with your entire voting life.  But there is always hope!

#GoAtlasGreen

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2016, 01:34:03 PM by When do you think it will all become clear? »

That's the whole point.

Seriously though, congrats Vosem. Nice to see even diehard Republicans sometimes have their limits.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »

Good to see you realizing Cruz is hardly better than Trump.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies