I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:24:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I probably won't be voting Republican for President in 2016  (Read 1694 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 26, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »

After some reflection and a conversation with a close friend, I've come to the conclusion that Ted Cruz's support for laws that allow LGBT discrimination and regulate bathroom usage by people who do not conform to the gender binary disqualify him from receiving my general election vote. Because the Republican candidate for President will certainly be either Cruz or trump, my general election presidential vote will be going to either Hillary Clinton or (more probably) Gary Johnson.

I'm going to continue to support Cruz over trump in the primaries; trump is so comically awful that supporting pretty much anyone over him is completely justified. This requires no effort on my part since my state has already voted and I'm much too poor to donate to any candidate; I'll just continue posting here and occasionally half-heartedly trolling on AAD. For the record, I remain very confident that Cruz is on track to win Indiana, do decently well in California, and win the nomination at a contested convention.

Downballot, I'll continue to vote straight-ticket Republican; my inner-city vote for the House and the state legislature is meaningless, but Rob Portman continues to have my enthusiastic support. I may volunteer to phone-bank or something for his campaign, to assuage my conscience in enabling the Democrats to take over the Supreme Court.

Thanks for listening to my rants, I needed somewhere to vent Tongue

All the feels, dear Vosem.

I recently found out what it is like to feel you can no longer belong to/tow the line of the party you've been with your entire voting life.  But there is always hope!

#GoAtlasGreen

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »

Cuck. This is what you signed up for when you joined the Republican Party.

Political party =/= cult.

Government in general, and especially individual political parties, are supposed to serve us, to have power with and only with our consent, not the other way around.

This is Atlas, Leinad.  Most people here have this delusion that affiliation carries with it some kind of loyalty.  Political parties are here to develop platforms/agendas and run candidates.  If it's not an agenda or candidate you like, then bail.  It's good to have fluidity in the political process.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies