Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Author Topic: Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)  (Read 17080 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »

Side note: CT for Bernie is going all out it seems. I've gotten about 5 texts and 2 phone calls in the past few days reminding me to vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »

Hillary's campaign must be pretty confident in PA considering they're holding their victory party here. If there was any shred of doubt I'd imagine she'd be in Maryland.

Anyway, just voted Clinton/Sestak/Shapiro.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »

Hillary's campaign must be pretty confident in PA considering they're holding their victory party here. If there was any shred of doubt I'd imagine she'd be in Maryland.

Yup, her internals show her up double digits in PA for her to be throwing the victory party in Philly. She would be in Baltimore if she weren't confident in PA
swf541

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »

Good to see a Sestak voter, I got my grandparents to go vote for him this morning.

I just returned from voting, voted Sanders/ Van Hollen

My father switched from Kasich to Trump out of spite towards the Kasich-Cruz deal, thought that was rather interesting

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »

Good to see a Sestak voter, I got my grandparents to go vote for him this morning.

My father switched from Kasich to Trump out of spite towards the Kasich-Cruz deal, thought that was rather interesting

I'm in Sestak's old congressional district, he should win yuge here. He nearly cracked 70% against Specter. Unfortunately, the rest of the state may have other ideas. Sad I'm keeping hope alive though...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »

I'm in Sestak's old congressional district, he should win yuge here. He nearly cracked 70% against Specter. Unfortunately, the rest of the state may have other ideas. Sad I'm keeping hope alive though...

Although I have nothing to do with these Senate races, I'm still interested in them. Do you guys have some good places where I could follow them after polls close?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »

The NYT will have the results on the respective state pages if you scroll down.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/pennsylvania
swf541

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 02:10:03 PM »

Well I expect him to do well in the southern T region, I know they are gop dominated but I saw no McGinty signs at all and a fair amount of Sestak, it should be close either way.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2016, 02:32:30 PM by Fusionmunster »

As expected, long lines in Providence. Whether its because of turnout or the closing of polling stations still remains to be seen.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 02:28:56 PM »

Yeah PA is feeling like a big Clinton win to me (maybe in the +15 range).
dspNY
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »

As expected, long lines in Providence. Whether its because of turnout or the closing of polling stations still remains to be seemed.

Providence is where Clinton is expected to do the best in RI. However they could be Brown U or Providence College students who would favor Sanders
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 02:38:17 PM »

High turnout in Providence can only help Clinton. High turnout in PA and MD is probably due to the competitive Senate primaries.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »

Kristen Welker at NBC News tweets:

"A top Dem official tells me turnout is strong in Philadelphia, particularly in areas w/large African-American populations."

Dan Merica at CNN tweets:

"Clinton's top aides are confident they will win at least four of five states tonight, eyeing RI as Sanders' best chance."
Fusionmunster

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 02:43:38 PM »

"A top Dem official tells me turnout is strong in Philadelphia, particularly in areas w/large African-American populations."

"Clinton's top aides are confident they will win at least four of five states tonight, eyeing RI as Sanders' best chance."

Their internals must be showing some good numbers for them. The Clinton camp have been the first group to downplay expectations.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »

Yeah, I remember Mook downplaying Michigan after Super Tuesday and thinking there was no way Clinton could lose there.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »

Yeah, I remember Mook downplaying Michigan after Super Tuesday and thinking there was no way Clinton could lose there.

March 15th they were saying they might only win 2 states. And with NY they were adamant about tempering expectations for a single digit win. Hillarys camp isn't the type to play up expectations unless their super confident.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »

Their internals must be showing some good numbers for them. The Clinton camp have been the first group to downplay expectations.

Not just internals...that is based on actual votes. Both campaigns have people on the ground who track who votes for who and report numbers up to HQ. This is not even a new thing, it goes back decades
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »

Well, I used a bunch of free phone call apps to phonebank for Hillary in Rhode Island today. Tongue The 93-year-old woman was my favourite. Also a mom who I laughed with about Donald Trump. It's kind of fun!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:45 PM »

Benchmark posted a link with some info on Connecticut turnout if anyone's interested.

http://trumbull.dailyvoice.com/news/midday-voter-turnout-for-primary-already-tops-2012-in-connecticut/655592/

Apparently Fairfield County turnout is very high which is good news for Hillary.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 03:10:32 PM »

Well, I used a bunch of free phone call apps to phonebank for Hillary in Rhode Island today. Tongue The 93-year-old woman was my favourite. Also a mom who I laughed with about Donald Trump. It's kind of fun!

I haven't been able to work up the nerve to phone bank. People say its actually a good way to tackle anxiety when talking to strangers but god forbid I screw up and push an undecided voter to the other side.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »

Benchmark posted a link with some info on Connecticut turnout if anyone's interested.

http://trumbull.dailyvoice.com/news/midday-voter-turnout-for-primary-already-tops-2012-in-connecticut/655592/

Apparently Fairfield County turnout is very high which is good news for Hillary.

Fairfield County represent!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2016, 03:13:09 PM »

I haven't been able to work up the nerve to phone bank. People say its actually a good way to tackle anxiety when talking to strangers but god forbid I screw up and push an undecided voter to the other side.

Well you have a script, and the people on the call list are generally voters who have been identified as leaning towards your candidate, or going strong for them. Phonebanking is more for pushing confirmed supporters to the polls.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

It was kind of scary. Especially when it's old people who can't really hear you properly and get pissed off because they think you're selling something. Mostly though I just got answering machines at this hour. I don't think you're "supposed to" leave messages, but I did anyway. I think it's worth it, because some of the people I did reach didn't even realize the primary was today.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »

I had about five different discussions about Trump's hair at the Hillary rally yesterday. It seems to be a hot topic.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 03:27:50 PM »

Really hoping for a Clinton sweep today since it looks more and more like Trump for my party. I want someone to be able to vote for and while I don't like Clinton she's many miles better than Trump and Sanders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies