Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)  (Read 17536 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »

Hillary's campaign must be pretty confident in PA considering they're holding their victory party here. If there was any shred of doubt I'd imagine she'd be in Maryland.

Anyway, just voted Clinton/Sestak/Shapiro.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »

Hillary's campaign must be pretty confident in PA considering they're holding their victory party here. If there was any shred of doubt I'd imagine she'd be in Maryland.

Anyway, just voted Clinton/Sestak/Shapiro.

Good to see a Sestak voter, I got my grandparents to go vote for him this morning.

I just returned from voting, voted Sanders/ Van Hollen

My father switched from Kasich to Trump out of spite towards the Kasich-Cruz deal, thought that was rather interesting

I'm in Sestak's old congressional district, he should win yuge here. He nearly cracked 70% against Specter. Unfortunately, the rest of the state may have other ideas. Sad I'm keeping hope alive though...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »

The NYT will have the results on the respective state pages if you scroll down.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/pennsylvania
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »

Well, I used a bunch of free phone call apps to phonebank for Hillary in Rhode Island today. Tongue The 93-year-old woman was my favourite. Also a mom who I laughed with about Donald Trump. It's kind of fun!

I had about five different discussions about Trump's hair at the Hillary rally yesterday. It seems to be a hot topic.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 04:05:04 PM »

Long time lurker here, finally decided to register and start posting.

Just voted Sanders/Sestak/Shapiro. Took part in a local media (Erie County) exit poll that's supposed to be on the 6pm news. I can watch and post what those exit polls say about this area if anyone is interested.

Another D-PA! Welcome.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:23:32 PM »

Can't wait to see ARG's error.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »

For Pennsylvania:
The Democratic Campaign..
71% energized the party
24% divided the party

Broken down by candidate:
Clinton:
82% energized the party
12% divided the party

Sanders:
58% energized the party
37% divided the party

That's interesting. Didn't Sanders supporters in NY say it divided the party? Looks like they're coming around already. Sorry jfern.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

For Pennsylvania:
The Democratic Campaign..
71% energized the party
24% divided the party

Broken down by candidate:
Clinton:
82% energized the party
12% divided the party

Sanders:
58% energized the party
37% divided the party

Implying 54% Clinton, 46% Sanders Smiley

Morden and myself did some similar math to that and got 55-45 in NY, then it somehow came out as 52-48. So I'm not sure if this works.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »

Oh yeah, since I don't think anyone mentioned this yet...that black number in MD could potentially cause an upset in the Senate primary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »

I'm at Hillary's election night event right now. Maybe you guys can see me during her speech. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »

I would be terrified to be at a Clinton rally. Literally any time the networks cut away to one, you can hear "Fight Song" in the background. Jesus Christ: is there some sort of subliminal brainwashing technique to it?

Right before Fight Song we gave Trump lots of boos. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »

CNN has Bernie on, no boos or anything.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »

IceSpear must be enjoying himself at the Clinton rally

Yup!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 08:56:06 PM »

Hillary's speech was electric!

Sorry Rhode Island, you can't kill my buzz
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 09:39:39 PM »

HILL YES! 4/5!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

McGinty has won. F##K! Congrats, Toomey.

Obama and Biden better work his butt off for McGinty. They own this race now.

Yep. If Toomey wins and decides control of the Senate, there should be a reckoning day.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »

Wasn't Massachusetts already going to make the map pretty ugly?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »

Yep. If Toomey wins and decides control of the Senate, there should be a reckoning day.

Is McGinty really that terrible of a candidate?

Nah, she's generic D. Really nice lady but a bit of a lightweight. It's far more about Sestak being an extremely strong candidate which was proven in 2006, 2008, and twice in 2010.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »

@ryangrim
Apply grains of salt, but here they are:

CT
Clinton 51%
Sanders 47%

MD
Clinton 64%
Sanders 34%

PA
Clinton 56%
Sanders 44%

The exit polls have gotten their revenge for NY. Scarily accurate!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »

I would be terrified to be at a Clinton rally. Literally any time the networks cut away to one, you can hear "Fight Song" in the background. Jesus Christ: is there some sort of subliminal brainwashing technique to it?

That song rules. I work out to Rachel Padden.

It's a fine song. It's not fine to play the song on an endless loop at any and every campaign event, which is the impression I keep getting every time I see coverage of one.

Very late reply here...

They played tons of different songs at the event, but whenever she takes or leaves the stage they play Fight Song. That's why it seems constant.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »

Is McGinty really that terrible of a candidate?

She certainly isn't any better than Sestak. The last race she ran in she didn't even register in the double digits (Governor in 2014).

To be fair to her though, she was basically a Some Chick at that point running against 3 heavyweights.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »

You guys can do what most people with U.S. maps do... make the country's map small enough (or the border lines thick enough) that you can't even see RI Tongue

What happened in RI? You were pretty confident Hillary would win it, right? Did the indies come out in full force?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:50 PM »

My reactions to this election night...

PA: Honestly, I started getting Michigan flashbacks when Bernie was ahead in Philly with <1% in. This must be PTSD or something.

As for PA overall, it looks like a 12 point margin, which is about what I expected. But the regional splits were completely unexpected, at least to me. I expected Hillary to do much better in the Philly metro area and Bernie to do much better in the West and Central PA. Apparently the NYT thought so too, since that would explain why their Upshot prediction was only having Hillary winning by 2-4 points based off the Philly results. It looks like Bernie really did make some inroads with minorities, assuming the early CNN exit polls held up. Bernie really underperformed in Centre County in particular, the home of Penn State. It's (barely) in the single digits right now. IIRC, Obama nearly won it by 20. On the bright side, he did continue his Clinton County winning streak.

I've already given my thoughts on the Senate primary basically. McGinty can win, but it's going to be tougher than it would've been with Sestak. I'm surprised she won by such a large margin, but I guess I shouldn't be considering she had the late momentum. Fetterman's result was pretty stunning actually. I thought he'd be lucky to break double digits. I remember him nearly beating Sestak earlier in the night, though he's fallen further behind now.

The indicted Chaka Fattah (PA-02) lost his primary to Dwight Evans. Yay for integrity!

DE: Remember that glitch where Bernie got like 80% in Sussex County? I was WTF'ing hard at that. Actually, I'm surprised Hillary won that county. Gravis is junk as always. Oddly, a lot of people seemed to think Bernie had a chance here. Because it was a tiny state in the Northeast I guess? But the demographics were obviously bad even without polling.

MD: Slaughter! As expected. I'm sad Edwards lost, but Van Hollen is cool too, so whatever. Bernie seems to have underperformed in Western MD. Why is Other so high in Maryland? At first I thought O'Malley wason the ballot, but tons voted Uncommitted for some reason.

CT: Sorry Connecticut, everything about you was boring and expected.

RI: WTF happened here? I thought Bernie would probably win it, but not my double digits. On the bright side, this keeps my record as OK/MI as my only wrongly predicted states.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 11:34:34 PM »

Excellent statement by the Bernie campaign. This is exactly how they should be running from now on.

I talked to many people in line at the Hillary rally, and none of them had a negative thing to say about Bernie, except that Hillary was better (though one person did mention Berniebros). When CNN showed his speech there was no booing at all, and lots of applause when Hillary congratulated him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:21 AM »

Hillary won my town 51-49. Or by 19 votes. That was close...

Trump won it with >60%. They walk among me...
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies