Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:06:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)  (Read 17523 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »

Well, I used a bunch of free phone call apps to phonebank for Hillary in Rhode Island today. Tongue The 93-year-old woman was my favourite. Also a mom who I laughed with about Donald Trump. It's kind of fun!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

Well, I used a bunch of free phone call apps to phonebank for Hillary in Rhode Island today. Tongue The 93-year-old woman was my favourite. Also a mom who I laughed with about Donald Trump. It's kind of fun!

I haven't been able to work up the nerve to phone bank. People say its actually a good way to tackle anxiety when talking to strangers but god forbid I screw up and push an undecided voter to the other side.

It was kind of scary. Especially when it's old people who can't really hear you properly and get pissed off because they think you're selling something. Mostly though I just got answering machines at this hour. I don't think you're "supposed to" leave messages, but I did anyway. I think it's worth it, because some of the people I did reach didn't even realize the primary was today.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

Why is Hillary's voice so raspy, I always wondered that

Throat cancer duh

(In all seriousness though, it has generally sounded a lot scratchier this cycle than it did in '08, which is peculiar.)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »

She's on fire. This is maybe one of the best speeches I've seen her give.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 08:24:18 PM »

She actually seems like she's having fun being a candidate, which is so refreshing... and kind of new for her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies