Republican Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Acela Corridor Tuesday results thread (all polls close at 8pm ET)  (Read 13455 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

TRUMP
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »

Trump is getting presumptive nominee numbers at this point.  50-60%+ and his opponents around 10-20% is what Bill Clinton, John McCain and Mitt Romney were getting by the time they had basically won but hadn't yet forced out their opponents.

The people don't want contested conventions and delegate shenanigans. The voters are coalescing around Trump and the healing of the party has already begun. I expect Trump to exceed expectations in all future states due to the presumptive nominee effect.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »

Even in a victory scenario I don't think Trump carries Florida or Nevada.
Many of my (Nevadan) friends are young Hispanic Republicans who would vote Trump over Hillary.

Yes, but as Hispanic Republicans, they are already Republicans. That's not the type of voter he needs to convince.
True, but they could have been on the #NeverTrump bandwagon.

Arguably, to win, Trump needs to convince only the #NeverTrump bunch. He does not need to reach out to the Democrats. He's already got a number of them in states where it counts (OH, PA, MI).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies