UK parliamentary boundary review 2016-2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:15:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK parliamentary boundary review 2016-2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK parliamentary boundary review 2016-2018  (Read 10412 times)
Kevinstat

« on: August 06, 2016, 06:55:35 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2016, 04:51:35 PM by Kevinstat »

I've finished my reidstricting plans for Britain https://ukelect.wordpress.com/ The commissions' plans will go online next month.

If you're feeling extra adventurous, might I suggest a Devon-Cornwall alternative with a "North Devon and Atlantic Islands" constituency with the North Devon borough + the Isles of Scilly + the Isle of Lundy (the 1 December 2015 electorate breakdown of Clovelly Bay (total 1224) was 21 Lundy, 1203 mainland) and Cornwall "proper" being divided into exactly 5 seats?

The math would be really tight in Cornwall (the maximum allowable constituency electorate is only 62.4 electors above what the "Cornwall proper" average would be), but it might allow for a neater plan in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay (I could tell you weren't happy with some of the things you had to do there).  Of course, taking away Cornwall, Scilly and North Devon (and Lundy) with 6 seats either about average size (ND&AI) or very near the upper limit might make the problem in Devon outside Plymouth worse, unless it somehow allowed you to make the two seats entirely in Plymouth smaller so you had more flexibility in the rest of Devon.  If necessary, you could allow part of North Devon to be in another constituency so you're spreading the electorate shortage from the ideal over one more constituency.
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

The Provisional Recommendations for Northern Ireland are in, and they're... different.  You can access the report, an interactive map, etc. here.
Kevinstat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 08:32:33 PM by Kevinstat »

The England proposals are out.

http://www.bce2018.org.uk/

You can click on any region in "Search by Region" and it will take you to a map, and from there you can scroll and view constituencies throughout England.  You can also have the existing constituency boundary and/or "local authorities" (at the UA/borough level) superimposed, and even remove the proposed lines.  The report for the region you selected is linked to above the map (I just noticed that).

I don't know if the BCE was loath to divide wards or what but in West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire there's a lot of crossing borough lines, and two constituencies crossing the West Yorkshire-South Yorkshire boundary (one Kirklees-Barnsley (not the name, I haven't looked at those yet) and one Wakefield-Barnsley), and two crossing the West Yorkshire-North Yorkshire boundary (both Wakefield-Selby).
Kevinstat

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »

And here's Wales, in English and Cymraeg (Welsh).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies