High-energy interview on TYT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  High-energy interview on TYT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: High-energy interview on TYT  (Read 2064 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:30:34 AM »

A couple people noted this great TYT interview over the course of the night. IMO it represents the great clash of common sense vs. wishful thinking in this election, and I highly recommend you take a look at it, even if only a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Iqezv2d_E

And for context, the guy they're interviewing is Josh Zepps, an Australian political satirist who is a host of HuffPost Live and Brink.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:56:20 AM »

Man, those TYT guys are completely deluded. Josh Zepps obliterated them.
Desroko
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 03:04:48 AM »

Man, I feel bad for College Humor. They really can't compete with TYT.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 03:30:10 AM »

I agree completely with Josh Zepps: Bernie Sanders may not have been a good candidate for the GE, because he'd be trying to push frightening policies onto a skeptical middle America. But that aside, Bernie Sanders' popularity is based on the exact same things as Donald Trump's popularity: both are tapping into "a sense of just exhaustion with the political process." Trump and Bernie are both expressing fresh non-establishment views, both are not beholden to Wall Street big money, both are focused on trade issues, etc. Both men are attracting members of the electorate who are sick and tired of going unheard, being pandered to, and not having their concerns addressed. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. But I think the concerns of the people rising in support of Sanders and Trump are real, and they're not going away anytime soon.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:46 AM »

Well he's never getting invited back on there.

Incredibly unprofessional how they were snarkily muttering in the background and at time just plain out insulting him. TYT is becoming a parody of themselves.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 03:48:28 AM »

OK, I'm 18 minutes into this and I almost can't bear it anymore. Isn't the left supposed to be realistic and factbased? Up until now, almost every sentence uttered by one of the TYT hosts has been completely detached from reality. This is group think of the worst kind when people who share the same wishful thinking come together and then start to believe that their wishful thinking is actual reality.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 04:10:30 AM »

Wow, he single handedly took all the Turks to the woodshed. Massive FF!
RedPrometheus

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 04:14:11 AM »

It's really satisfying to watch! Cheesy
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »

It's really satisfying to watch! Cheesy
Not to me. I agree with everything that Josh Zepps says, but watching the delusion of the TYT hosts is really painful to me. I don't mind it when right wingers act like that, but when fellow left wingers does it, it hurts a bit.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:41 AM »

*Rant*

This forum is full of dumb people with low IQ who make stupid statements all the time so I see no reason why people are cheering that guy.

I mean you can't expect dumb people to suddenly make sense - You can add some paid trolls in the midst of this dumb blokes. I mean you got like a dozen or 2 dozen people here (active) - That is like I dunno 1/1000 or not even that of Reddit where you have 100's of 1000's of active people.

This forum is irrelevant & is an association for stupid people!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 05:08:58 AM »

God that was painful- anyone who thinks that Obamacare is universal healthcare needs to go back to college
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 06:35:39 AM »

Josh: "There's no way universal healthcare would get through the congress"

Ana: "Not with that attitude"

Josh: "Obama had to strong arm even Democrats to get Obamacare through, do you really think if he had just stuck to his morals that he would have been able to get it through:

TYT: "Yes"

Wow, "progressives" are delusional. It's why Obama "changed" when he got to the Presidency, he had to deal with reality and not fantasyland like so many "progressives" think.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 06:38:47 AM »

Josh: "Obama had to strong arm even Democrats to get Obamacare through, do you really think if he had just stuck to his morals that he would have been able to get it through:

Wow, "progressives" are delusional. It's why Obama "changed" when he got to the Presidency, he had to deal with reality and not fantasyland like so many "progressives" think.

Please don't insult progressives by thinking we're all as bad as the Turks Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 06:40:51 AM »

Please don't insult progressives by thinking we're all as bad as the Turks Tongue

Used quotes in regards to the majority of the young millennial Bernie supporters that haven't had full time jobs and are saying they would rather not vote or vote for Trump instead because "Bernie is God". The people who aren't real progressives  but claim they are all day.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:20 AM »

Looks like Rubin left that mess just in the nick of time. What a bunch of a-holes.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 07:49:55 AM »

This guy was terrible OF COURSE Atlas would love him.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »

*Rant*

This forum is full of dumb people with low IQ who make stupid statements all the time so I see no reason why people are cheering that guy.

I mean you can't expect dumb people to suddenly make sense - You can add some paid trolls in the midst of this dumb blokes. I mean you got like a dozen or 2 dozen people here (active) - That is like I dunno 1/1000 or not even that of Reddit where you have 100's of 1000's of active people.

Ana is that you?

What is your IQ Shadows?
Hydera

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 09:38:27 AM »

TYT was sperging last night according to a lot of people, too bad i missed it...

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »

Just wanted to say I love your sig. YNWA

*Rant*

Then leave. All you do here is attack people and call them "stupid," "retarded," or "mentally disabled." I've watched you call for people who have been on this forum for years to be banned for expressing their views/disagreeing with you. You are an embarrassment to the stable of reasonable, intelligent, insightful and respectful Bernie Sanders on this board who add something of value to discussions about this primary election. If all you're going to do is attack, attack, attack, then there are forums and venues for that purpose. This is not one of them.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »

TYT was sperging last night according to a lot of people, too bad i missed it...

It was a sight to behold, but also really spread out.  Basically two hours of them sitting around, depressed, trying to make snarky comments in lieu of conversation, and then every now and then someone would go on an insane rant about Bernie losing and Cenk would agree with them and quickly switch the topic to how stupid Republicans are and how their voters are a bunch of low-information racist idiots, presumably so he can move to Hillary in a couple weeks.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »

Is that them mumbling insulting comments while he is speaking? Why did they even invite him on if they are going to have this little secondary layer of asshole commentary while he speaks? You know, the funny thing is, when I listened to some of the turks have interviews with on Joe Rogan's podcast, I liked them.... Then I actually watch their show and it's just absolutely detached from reality and amazingly dismissive of anything that challenges their views. Cenk can't even stfu for less than a minute while another guy offers an opposing view. Some of this also reminds me of ultra-diehard Sanders supporters - In front of a wave of reasons why Sanders would not do well in a GE, they immediately lunge for one of the very few, narrow examples of why it isn't true, or in other words, some major cherry-picking. Same for any other negative attributes about Bernie.

@Shadows: Why don't you just leave then? All I see lately from you is whining about how terrible people here are, which is ironic because you are one of the most biased, offensive and intolerant people here. Anyone who disagrees with you is clearly a paid shill. So just freakin leave already, or do you like sitting here trying to act superior to people, like we are all lost and you have the answer to our everlasting ignorance? THANK THE LORD FOR SHADOWS!

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »

Did a TYT host really endorse Trump last night?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »

Both Ana and Jimmy implied they would prefer Trump, Jimmy because it would unite Democrats and flip congress, and Ana because she wants Trump to cut social programs so the middle class will realize how much they depend on them.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »

Both Ana and Jimmy implied they would prefer Trump, Jimmy because it would unite Democrats and flip congress, and Ana because she wants Trump to cut social programs so the middle class will realize how much they depend on them.

Trump wouldn't dare cut social programs. Or if he did, it would be so that he could blame the ensuing chaos on "muh imnigrants" and "djaina."
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »

Is that them mumbling insulting comments while he is speaking?
Yes, that totally pissed me off as well.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies