Ted Cruz major announcement at 4 PM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:35:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz major announcement at 4 PM
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz major announcement at 4 PM  (Read 10706 times)
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2016, 05:19:25 AM »

Fiorina lied, my laptop died!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2016, 12:36:39 AM »

you know, i just realized the stupidest part of Cruz's decision here isn't even that Fiorina is somewhere between useless and a joke. IF Trump were stopped on the first ballot (decreasingly likely, but if), Cruz has too few delegates or goodwill to likely get the nom on a subsequent ballot himself. what better way would he have to potentially gain a second or 3rd ballot win than offering Kasich to be his running mate in exchange for his delegates' votes?

What a doofus move.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2016, 07:16:54 AM »

you know, i just realized the stupidest part of Cruz's decision here isn't even that Fiorina is somewhere between useless and a joke. IF Trump were stopped on the first ballot (decreasingly likely, but if), Cruz has too few delegates or goodwill to likely get the nom on a subsequent ballot himself. what better way would he have to potentially gain a second or 3rd ballot win than offering Kasich to be his running mate in exchange for his delegates' votes?

What a doofus move.

Cruz needs to survive CA first, and maybe he thinks Fiorina will pick up some votes for him there. I doubt that will happen, but the man is desperate now. Anyway, job one is to keep Trump from winning on the first ballot.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2016, 07:39:30 AM »

What a doofus move.

Cruz needs to survive CA first, and maybe he thinks Fiorina will pick up some votes for him there. I doubt that will happen, but the man is desperate now. Anyway, job one is to keep Trump from winning on the first ballot.

Agreed. And he has to survive In before that. He thinks that Fiorina will help him (and it will take only one foolish and false gender based comment by Trump).

The one thing I feel certain about is that Cruz Fiorina will NOT be the ticket.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »

https://twitter.com/jameswest2010/status/725437398436425728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »

Two days out and this is getting no play on CNN.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2016, 10:43:47 PM »

What a doofus move.

Actually , I've been wondering if Fiorina's pick was part of what led to the Cruz-Kasich alliance falling apart.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies