Who would you vote for?(UK General Election 2025)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:37:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you vote for?(UK General Election 2025)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: SKIP
Conservative(Led by Zac Goldsmith)

Labour(Led by David Lammy)

Liberal Democrats(Led by Steve Gilbert)

Green(Led by Amelia Womack)

SNP(Led by Stewart Hoise)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Who would you vote for?(UK General Election 2025)  (Read 1679 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »

See title
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:47 PM »

Eh, Who..? (normal American)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »

The Liberal Democrats are still around?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »

Partisan Tory til I die.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:28:49 AM »

Lol at the leader of the Conservative party being an environmentalist while republicans in America will still be denying climate change.

I have a feeling things will change greatly in the next 10 years, but I voted Lib Dem. I really like SNP, except for that minor detail that they want to secede. It's also very possible I could be swayed to the conservatives or Labour at that point.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »

Labour, obviously, and there's a lot that's really impressive about Lammy, but isn't he also the one who claimed that Indians who died in World War II died for 'the European project'?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »

Labour, obviously, and there's a lot that's really impressive about Lammy, but isn't he also the one who claimed that Indians who died in World War II died for 'the European project'?
Lammy is "the one" who gets misquoted a lot. A big vulnerability in a local election like Mayor, but it can be a net positive nationally.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »

Going through each of these:

Conservative (Led by Zac Goldsmith): Nah, Goldsmith's career may be permanently damaged by this time next week, if it isn't already. The leader by then will likely be someone like Sajid Javid. Cameron, Osborne, May and probably Bo Jo will have all left the scene but the likes of Gove and Hammond may still be around.

Labour(Led by David Lammy)   : Lammy often looks like taking off but never does. He suffers from a lack of ambition. Key players in Labour will Lisa Nandy, Emma Reynolds, Clive Lewis and Richard Burgon. Maybe Chuka too. No idea who the leader will be though.

Liberal Democrats(Led by Steve Gilbert): I imagine Farron will still be leader. Liberal/Lib Dem leaders have a long history of staying around a long time.

Green(Led by Amelia Womack): Had to look this name up. They might be due a male leader; whatever happened to the telegenic Adrian Ramsay?

SNP(Led by Stewart Hoise): Scotland may or may not be out of the Union by then but either way I suspect that Sturgeon will still be leading the SNP.

But I would vote Labour in this scenario regardless.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »

Will the last Liberal out please turn off the lights?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »

Really? Really?, Just Uhh, you vote for the party of Thatcher.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »

Of course I hate Thatcher, but I'm a staunch traditionalist and monarchist. It's also the party of Disraeli, Pitt the Younger and Churchill.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:29 PM »

Of course I hate Thatcher, but I'm a staunch traditionalist and monarchist. It's also the party of Disraeli, Pitt the Younger and Churchill.

I certainly respect at least two of those PMs a great deal - but I don't really get voting for a party just because of former members who are dead.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 01:41:15 AM »

Goldsmith, easily.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »

Have people seen Goldsmith? The man is a bloody racist who didn't pay tax for most of his adult life
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 05:49:28 AM »

Have people seen Goldsmith? The man is a bloody racist who didn't pay tax for most of his adult life

Certainly anyone accusing Livingstone of bigotry shouldn't be voting for Goldsmith.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »

Labour(Led by David Lammy)   : Lammy often looks like taking off but never does. He suffers from a lack of ambition. Key players in Labour will Lisa Nandy, Emma Reynolds, Clive Lewis and Richard Burgon. Maybe Chuka too. No idea who the leader will be though.

Owen Smith is a dark horse to consider. Good media performer (in that classic bitchy South Walian way), on the Left but not that much on the Left.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »

And we have the first partisan Labourite!

Now we just need a Tory to come in and question Lammy's "past comments and upbringing".

To those of you disputing the leaders: this was an idea based off a future in which devolution is the most major issue nationally, and so the two major parties both have London-centric leaders, mainly for their clear stance on devolution.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

Now we just need a Tory to come in and question Lammy's "past comments and upbringing".

To those of you disputing the leaders: this was an idea based off a future in which devolution is the most major issue nationally, and so the two major parties both have London-centric leaders, mainly for their clear stance on devolution.

Lol
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »

Lol

At which part?Cheesy
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »

Mainly at the idea of a devolution centred election, bt also at the idea that a response to such a conundrum would be a push for London based leaders (although Londoners may deny it, the majorities of English people don't live in London) and the idea that Goldsmith would be leaders of his party in 2020, as it implies he either lost or immediately abandoned their post after being elected.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »

Didn't Lammy ruin his career in 2005 over some post office cock-up at the dispatch box?

I can't think of a good US example, but Lammy was touted from about 2001 as being A.) A future Leader  B.) The first black Leader but he's never clicked. Even his campaign for Mayor in 2015 was awful (it was the strongest field seen in a labour leadership race since 2007)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »

As far as Goldsmith goes, he narrowly lost to Khan(within 1%) and proceeded to run for PM after internal polls showed him crushing everyone but Osborne one-on-one. Lammy unites the more leftist Blairites and Co-operatives with minority and labor union votes against Corbyn follower Tom Watson and Patricia Glass.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 05:13:51 PM »

As far as Goldsmith goes, he narrowly lost to Khan(within 1%) and proceeded to run for PM after internal polls showed him crushing everyone but Osborne one-on-one. Lammy unites the more leftist Blairites and Co-operatives with minority and labor union votes against Corbyn follower Tom Watson and Patricia Glass.
I'm sorry, what?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »

Also, I mean, I like Pat Glass but come on now...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:52 PM »

I'm sorry, what?
Watson is pretty obviously going to become the Brown to Corbyn's Blair, just of the left side of the party. Sometimes the best fighters are those who used to oppose you.

As for Glass, she has a pretty distinct appeal to Co-operative/Liberal Democrats/Greens for her McCain-like "maverick" stances. I included her just so I could have a reason for a potential future poll of the 2030 election of this.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies