Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:29:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 146

Author Topic: Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump?  (Read 7830 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: April 29, 2016, 07:22:53 AM »

Yes, but with turnout so dismal the headline will be how she won the election with fewer popular votes than Romney received in 2012.

Clinton: 60 million
Trump: 42 million
Other: 7 million

Total: 109 million votes cast, down from 129 million in 2012.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »

Yes, but with turnout so dismal the headline will be how she won the election with fewer popular votes than Romney received in 2012.

Clinton: 60 million
Trump: 42 million
Other: 7 million

Total: 109 million votes cast, down from 129 million in 2012.

Trump on the ballot is going to drive up turnout on both sides.

The only way I can see turnout being driven up is for independents to come out in droves to prevent Trump.

Donald Trump has already hit his ceiling: the cult that has come out to GOP primaries and overstocked his delegate portfolio thanks to generous allocation rules.  I can see - maybe - 45 million Trump votes in the general, but even that seems ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I don't see anyone getting too excited about Hillary.  Voters will see polls that show a foregone conclusion and stay home on Election Day.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:47 AM »

That said, I don't think I've ever been more worried about the results of an election, and I'm not even American. I've literally had nightmares about Trump, and I can't begin to explain the sinking feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I contemplate the fact that Donald Trump could win. I pray enough Americans will be motivated by a similarly intense feeling.

I'm absolutely terrified.  I really love our new home in Indianapolis, but as a software developer with skills in high demand, it wouldn't be hard to join you in the True North.  I already know the words to your national anthem by heart, and I can lose my American accent.

The biggest problem would be finding homes for, and saying goodbye to some of our four cats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies