Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 146

Author Topic: Will Hillary reach 55% in the upcoming general election against Trump?  (Read 7811 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: April 29, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »

People on this forum think he will lose MS, UT, TX, AZ, GA, IN and MO and you think he's being overestimated? lol
I want a sip of the Kool-Aid the red avatars on this board are drinking.

This race will settle to typical equilibrium once the nominees are officially chosen and the healing process begins, which means that MS, UT, TX and IN will be safe Republican (likely tier 3), GA and AZ will be tier 2 Likely Republican. MO will Lean Republican.

The tossup states of FL, OH, VA, NH, etc. will be tossups. The playing field will be your typical tier 1 Republican leans (like NC), tossups and tier 1 Democrat leans (like PA) at the end of the day.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2016, 01:17:16 PM by Seriously? »

The thing about Donald Trump and the healing process is that while his wounds are trying to heal, he is constantly pouring sulfuric acid on them. His wounds are too deep and too irritated to heal by November.

This is not, and will not be a typical race.

Fundamentally, at the end of the day, it will be. Republicans will still be Republicans. Democrats will still be Democrats. A 5-15% defection on either side is nothing new and is to be expected. Nor is this "I refuse to vote for the other guy" in the middle of a heated primary.

As always, Independents will swing the election. There's ample evidence for a swing into either camp at this point. Trump will run well with so-called Reagan Democrats. Hillary! should get Bernie's "Progressive" base.

I don't buy this "Trump is a terrible candidate" meme. He is on track to break the record for votes in a Republican primary in a race that started with 17 candidates for crying out loud. Underestimate him to your peril. 16 other Republican candidates already have.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »

I don't buy this "Trump Hillary is a terrible candidate" meme.

Are you kidding me? He she is a terrible candidate, and I mean that in both that he she is a terrible person and running a terrible campaign. Yes, his her strategy has worked wonders for a primary. Unfortunately, that same strategy has managed to alienate broad swathes of the Progressive electorate and has energized minorities, particularly Hispanics white males like never before. These voters will be out in force come election day and that threatens his her meager chances in critical states.

Perhaps as a Democrat Republican I am overly generous in my criticisms of his her electoral chances, but some Republicans Democrats here are overly generous in their assumptions that "nothing is wrong with him her" or that "the race will be close" or that "Trump Hillary! is a good candidate".
Take the word "Trump" and replace it with Hillary! and you'll get an idea of what Republicans think of Clinton. My sole point here is that at the end of the day, it's going to be mainly status quo. Hillary! is not winning Arizona. Trump is not winning Oregon. The map will settle into its traditional place after the conventions are over and both parties are unified.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies