How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:02:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic  (Read 3909 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: April 29, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »

A beautiful side effect of the Trump movement! Stunning story! I hope everyone in this country is inspired to do the same!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »

Why do you guys always assume someone is trying to "remain separate". No one complained when there was a little Italy in every major city. No one complains when Russians or Poles had a separate district in cities. If anything, they were less quick to assimilate than immigrants are today! Come on now.
I do not hold double standards - of all European immigrant groups, the Italians did a terrible job at assimilation and still have work to do. I'm certain that Hispanics, Asians, etc. will assimilate just fine in time, but I don't think Democratic politicians help the process.

Part of the problem is the concentration of ethnic groups into their own communities. The Germans, Irish, Scandinavians, etc. assimilated because they dispersed across the country and intermarried with Americans. Italians stayed on the East Coast and lived in the same communities. You have this situation all over the American Southwest today, and also in places like Edison, NJ.

To think we agree so much ideologically except on my core issue, guy! Terrible, terrible PoV. You realize Trump is going to make it so we don't have to assimilate. We are going to become Italian once again and these Americans who continue to make our blood impure will not stand in the way. Heil Trump! We love him. He will make every tradition strong once again!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies