How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Donald Trump made me proud to be Hispanic  (Read 3892 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-fight-against-ms-13/

http://oag.ca.gov/transnational-organized-crime

Transnational Gangs do what they do because of our porous borders.  Trump isn't the problem.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 08:54:08 AM »

The irony of it all is that Mexicans/hispanics are doing all of this yet, if they actually put this much energy into their OWN corrupt country maybe we wouldn't be having to build walls in the first place.  You cant claim to care so much (while of course burning American flags and waving yours) but you don't want to confront the real issue is........ freaking Mexico is a dump. 

It's clearly time for those who are busy waving the Mexican flag as they smash police cars and bloody Trump supporters, it's time for these folks to start shouting charges of racism and xenophobia towards those of us who find their activities abhorrent. Clearly, we're just being un American.

It's clearly time to deport every immigrant, legal or illegal, who participates in such protests (i. e. burning the American flag and waving a foreign flag).

The only people that should be allowed to live in America as legal immigrants are folks who intend their only national loyalty to be to America.  These folks who burn American flags and wave Mexican flags are making anti-American statements.  That's fine and good, but the 1st Amendment does not give you the right to be here if you're not a citizen.  That decision is determined by the national interest.  This sort of protest reflects a hatred for America.  There is something to "My Country, right or wrong!".  If you hate America THAT MUCH, and you're an alien of any status, your continued presence in the United States is not in the best interest of the rest of America. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »

The irony of it all is that Mexicans/hispanics are doing all of this yet, if they actually put this much energy into their OWN corrupt country maybe we wouldn't be having to build walls in the first place.  You cant claim to care so much (while of course burning American flags and waving yours) but you don't want to confront the real issue is........ freaking Mexico is a dump. 

It's clearly time for those who are busy waving the Mexican flag as they smash police cars and bloody Trump supporters, it's time for these folks to start shouting charges of racism and xenophobia towards those of us who find their activities abhorrent. Clearly, we're just being un American.

It's clearly time to deport every immigrant, legal or illegal, who participates in such protests (i. e. burning the American flag and waving a foreign flag).

The only people that should be allowed to live in America as legal immigrants are folks who intend their only national loyalty to be to America.  These folks who burn American flags and wave Mexican flags are making anti-American statements.  That's fine and good, but the 1st Amendment does not give you the right to be here if you're not a citizen.  That decision is determined by the national interest.  This sort of protest reflects a hatred for America.  There is something to "My Country, right or wrong!".  If you hate America THAT MUCH, and you're an alien of any status, your continued presence in the United States is not in the best interest of the rest of America. 

You have a Yuge obsession with immigrants "burning a flag."
Once again, the fact of the matter is that just because one person (or an insignificant few) have "burned a flag," does not mean that all (or a majority) of them are doing this.
What is with your hard-on for "burning of flags" ?

I could care less if an American citizen burns a flag.  That's their right.

It's also an immigrant's right to burn a flag, wave the Mexican flag, etc, without being charged with a crime.  The 1st Amendment does apply to "persons".

What is NOT an immigrant's "right" is to enter into the US, remain in the US, and become a citizen of the US.  We have a right to deny entry into the US and citizenship of the US to persons who, for whatever reason, hold beliefs that are at odds with belief in the form of government we have, namely, a republic with democratic features. 

The behavior of these folks who were burning American flags, waving Mexican flags, and obstructing persons from coming and going freely (at a minimum) is not the behavior of someone who believes in our form of government.  It's a belief of folks who believe in mob rule, in the righteousness of the loudest shouter.  It's the spirit of folks of whom, after being defeated for re-election, refuse to leave their offices and declare martial law.

To allow these people to be citizens of the United States opens the door to where one day, if demographics shift enough, we could be voted out of a democracy.  We do not preserve America by allowing into our nation and making citizens out of folks who, in their heart of hearts, do not believe in representative democracy.  To believe that the mob demonstrating against Trump in CA believes in representative democracy and civil institutions is denial so extreme I cannot think of words for it.

No one has the right to enter our country.  No one.  We have that right to decide who to exclude, and we can do this as a nation on the basis of what others believe and how those beliefs would impact our form of government.  I'm OK with that.  More importantly, the Constitution is OK with that.  When asked what kind of government the new nation was, Benjamin Franklin replied, "A republic, madam, if you can keep it."  We don't "keep the republic" by allowing folks into our country in numbers to where someday in the future their descendants can vote us out of the form of government that separates us from Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies